Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
Christianity permeates all strata of society in the U.S. and elsewhere. You don't have to be poor and stupid to believe. But much of the population these days doesn't believe and no one is forcing them to. Islam has grown a lot not only in the U.S. but all through the Americas. The thing you don't get is you can rip Christianity and Christians all day in the U.S. You just can't do that towards Islam in Muslim majority countries or even in many Western countries. As much as you hate Christianity the idea of the enemy of my enemy is my friend just doesn't apply to Muslims which many liberals who hate Christianity naively believe.
We aren’t as bad as the Muslims!!
Wow what a wonderful achievement… if you were born in their country you’d be the worse of the worse of them. You’d be out there with rocket launcher aiming at US troops and living in caves because the west is “decadent” and evil.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I have questions on the table, I only asked if they were scripture.

Yes or no, only one of those two words were required to respond.

Scripture, yes or no?
Where did the only scripture guy, @BrownFlush go?

I was only asking him if he would affim what I offered was scripture.
Do you affirm this is scripture?

Ephesians 4: 4-5​

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Do you affirm that this is scripture?

1 Corinthians 10:1–3​

King James Version

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Do you affirm this is scripture?

Mark 1:4​

King James Version

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Congratulations, Stumpy!
You posted scripture!
Yes. I affirm what you posted is absolutely in the Bible and and inspired by God. lol. They are scripture!
You're doin' good!
You want to riddle off something about them that makes no sense?
Uh?
Run along now and go play with yourself.

Last edited:

FromOffTheStreets

Not one scripture with anything in your comment.

Who has another opinion? It's fun. I wonder why God gave us the Bible sometimes. It doesn't matter because somewhere in there it's gotta say whatever you believe will be just fine. Just really believe it.
Make up stuff , say it, and it will be so. Wherever and whoever said it. You heard it somewhere.
All your dreams will come true. All ya gotta do is believe!

Take care, man.
Romans 14
10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11 For it is written,
“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall give praise to God.”
12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

If any man’s work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire. (1 Corinthians 3:14-15)

There's a few. I enjoyed the discussion

Your #3 point is why it's necessary to harmonize the 4 Gospels. Only one gospel gives a detailed account of Christ's interaction with the thief on the cross. When Christ said to the thief that today you will be with me in paradise the translation of paradise is literally the ground. Christ was rebuking the thief. How do I know that? Because the other two gospels that recount that interaction say that both thieves were mocking Christ. Unfortunately many people read their English translation literally. The book of Revelations is a prime example. We must know what was said in the original language, its connotation for that time. But unfortunately many who've been taught that the thief on the cross was saved will take that belief to their graves. Just as they will explain away every act of conversion in the New Testament involved baptism but they'll say it's not necessary. Read the story of Naaman the Leper in 2 Kings 5. When he was told to wash himself 7 times in the river Jordan to cleanse himself of his leprosy it made him angry. He thought the prophet would just heal him and not require him to do something he thought was beneath him. His servants pointed out to him that if he had been told to do some great thing he would have done it. So he complied and his leprosy was cured. Too many people want to resist baptism or have altered what's necessary by pouring, sprinkling, even baptizing babies. "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9.
So the Bible is wrong. That's what you are saying

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Romans 14
10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11 For it is written,
“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall give praise to God.”
12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

If any man’s work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire. (1 Corinthians 3:14-15)

There's a few. I enjoyed the discussion
It's interesting to me that you post these passages and parallel them with your comment. Some of what you commented, these verses have zero application. There is a lot in these verses. There are many other verses that compare to these.
The judgement to come should instill in anyone a desire to know all they can about it and how to prepare for it.
But, anyone can post a scripture. Even ole Stumpy (@floridays) does that.
Discussion involves more than posting a passage.
Go back in the thread. You notice that no one reposted any passages I posted about baptism being for the remission of sins?
No comment was or has been made about them or my comments about them. Makes you wonder. But, evidently not enough.

Open and honest discussion about a passage requires that you do that. But, you're like most people. If it fits pretty close to what you want it to say, hold on to that verse.
If you run on to something that isn't what you like or believe, don't investigate that. Just ignore it and it will go away.
Ya gotta believe!
Take care, man.

Man I wonder about all the mentally retarded people who love Jesus but could never study the Bible like others do. I wonder about the people who love Jesus but are too scared of water to submerge themselves even in a small setting. I wonder about the physically handicapped who love Jesus but can't even leave their home without wheelchair assistance. Sucks to be all of you.

Sorry Jesus. The greatest act of mercy ever committed in the history of mankind wasn't enough. Try harder next time.

vantexan

We aren’t as bad as the Muslims!!
Wow what a wonderful achievement… if you were born in their country you’d be the worse of the worse of them. You’d be out there with rocket launcher aiming at US troops and living in caves because the west is “decadent” and evil.
But as a Christian I'm telling you to turn from your sin for the sake of your soul's salvation. I don't hate you but what you're doing is decadent and evil. And you hate me for it. Beyond that I would never try to keep you from getting a job, or renting a place, etc. Have no desire to throw you off a rooftop. And if you don't listen to me I'll move on. I've got plenty on my plate to worry about to spend all my time trying to convince someone who's not interested in listening. But when I'm discussing Christianity on this forum and you interject yourself I'm likely to respond.

But as a Christian I'm telling you to turn from your sin for the sake of your soul's salvation. I don't hate you but what you're doing is decadent and evil. And you hate me for it. Beyond that I would never try to keep you from getting a job, or renting a place, etc. Have no desire to throw you off a rooftop. And if you don't listen to me I'll move on. I've got plenty on my plate to worry about to spend all my time trying to convince someone who's not interested in listening. But when I'm discussing Christianity on this forum and you interject yourself I'm likely to respond.
No you're telling him he has to perform a ritual correctly or he's going to hell anyway.

No, your interpretation of it is.
One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Luke 23:39‭-‬43 ESV

This does not read as Jesus rebuking the thief. I looked over the other gospels. I don't see the thieves saying anything and in one it doesn't even mention the thieves. Could you point out the part where both thieves were mocking Christ? Also could you please address the Greek word and definition for "paradise"? I cant find anywhere on the web that relates that word to "ground"

vantexan

No you're telling him he has to perform a ritual correctly or he's going to hell anyway.
Baptism is essential to salvation. Name one Christian conversion in the New Testament that didn't involve baptism? And the thief on the cross isn't an example of Christian conversion because the Church hadn't been established yet. And as I pointed out two of the three gospels that speak of the thief on the cross say both thieves were mocking Christ. The other elaborated on how he was mocking Christ.

vantexan

One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Luke 23:39‭-‬43 ESV

This does not read as Jesus rebuking the thief. I looked over the other gospels. I don't see the thieves saying anything and in one it doesn't even mention the thieves. Could you point out the part where both thieves were mocking Christ? Also could you please address the Greek word and definition for "paradise"? I cant find anywhere on the web that relates that word to "ground"
Matthew 27:44

Baptism is essential to salvation. Name one Christian conversion in the New Testament that didn't involve baptism? And the thief on the cross isn't an example of Christian conversion because the Church hadn't been established yet. And as I pointed out two of the three gospels that speak of the thief on the cross say both thieves were mocking Christ. The other elaborated on how he was mocking Christ.
Ok. Me. I was baptized twice. Once because I wanted to impress a church girl when I was 17ish and one a couple years ago to be obedient. I'll tell you that they are both meaningless compared to the day that Christ became real to me.

Matthew 27:44
So this is a solid verse for your case. The problem is that it completely contradicts Luke. "Paradise" is still not translated to the word "ground". The only way that these gospels can co exist without contradiction is if the thief reviled then came to before he died. Sort of like a deathbed confession.

vantexan

So this is a solid verse for your case. The problem is that it completely contradicts Luke. "Paradise" is still not translated to the word "ground". The only way that these gospels can co exist without contradiction is if the thief reviled then came to before he died. Sort of like a deathbed confession.
You're putting in things that aren't there. Both were mocking Christ.

The fact is that they both mocked Christ and one also called Christ Lord. You can plug them into whatever order of events you want but the Bible states both as a fact. I am not adding to anything. This is a problem you have to logically deal with. I know my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.