Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
The Constitution they set up was so that many different viewpoints could coexist without one dominating everyone else. I think they did an admirable job. Morality isn't improving. Freedom to be immoral has improved for people like you. Appears now to a push to not stigmatize paedophilia. All of this started with gay marriage. The dam has broken and every category of immorality now wants recognition and rights to be open about it.
Freedom.
Individual freedom.
You could go back even further and say it began with interracial marriage. That’s what my dead grandfather would of said.

vantexan

Freedom.
Individual freedom.
You could go back even further and say it began with interracial marriage. That’s what my dead grandfather would of said.
Except that isn't immoral. No matter what any racists would have said to the contrary a man marrying a woman when both are unencumbered by marriage to others is perfectly acceptable.

Mark 10:38 — New Living Translation (NLT)​

38 But Jesus said to them, “You don’t know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of suffering I am about to drink? Are you able to be baptized with the baptism of suffering I must be baptized with?”

Luke 12:50-New Living Translation​

50 I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished.

I would say that there is more than one kind of Baptism, based on Jesus' words.
Do you like the NLT?

NLT isn't my favorite but better than some others like NIV or RSV. Easy to read especially if you are just starting to read the Bible.
I'm enjoying my nkjv because it's easier to read than kjv but mostly I enjoy the capital letters to "Him" and such. It makes a little easier to distinguish who's who. Ill check out the NIV and RSV. What's so bad about them?

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm enjoying my nkjv because it's easier to read than kjv but mostly I enjoy the capital letters to "Him" and such. It makes a little easier to distinguish who's who. Ill check out the NIV and RSV. What's so bad about them?
NIV and RSV are less literal and seem to lose something in their efforts to make it easier to read. The NIV kind of loses the meaning of some passages. RSV isn't as bad as the NRSV that went woke with "inclusive" language. KJV is the standard all others are compared to but it does have a few problems - but still the one I use most often. NKJV is probably the best overall in my opinion. NASB is pretty good too.

I did start out by reading the NIV and it isn't terrible and good for beginners but I moved on since then.

floridays

Uh-oh...you went personal.
You know what they say... when ya got nothin', ya go per...
Why?
Which comment said everyone is headed to hell? The salvation is no secret. It's in plain sight with words written that are meant to be understood. Nothing but scripture and commentary.
Am I become you enemy(already?)because I tell you the truth?
I thought you wanted to hear what I thought about verses in the Bible?
You backing out?
Stumpy here

Why?
I have no idea where this "Stumpy" you tagged me with came from but rest assured I'm not finished with you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
NIV and RSV are less literal and seem to lose something in their efforts to make it easier to read. The NIV kind of loses the meaning of some passages. RSV isn't as bad as the NRSV that went woke with "inclusive" language. KJV is the standard all others are compared to but it does have a few problems - but still the one I use most often. NKJV is probably the best overall in my opinion. NASB is pretty good too.

I did start out by reading the NIV and it isn't terrible and good for beginners but I moved on since then.
Yeah, the NIV was easier to read but some passages were like the readers digest version.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was thinking you called yourself that after I said you were dumber than a stump.
A3B9754A-DB52-4D00-A959-C6176CD87390.gif

FromOffTheStreets

Why?
Which comment said everyone is headed to hell? The salvation is no secret. It's in plain sight with words written that are meant to be understood. Nothing but scripture and commentary.
Am I become you enemy(already?)because I tell you the truth?
I thought you wanted to hear what I thought about verses in the Bible?
You backing out?
It wasn't meant as a personal attack & I'm sorry if you took it that way. It's just an observation of how you treat people. Might think about having a little more grace with people.

FromOffTheStreets

Totally contrary and inconsistent with all the other books in the OT & NT. This position has no idea of what the church is, the kingdom, the eternal plan of God, the second coming (what Paul Paul, Peter &Jesus said), judgement, Matthew 24, etc.
In your opinion.
There are a multitude of opinions and theological structures that have been built for thousands of years. What makes yours right & everyone else wrong?

FromOffTheStreets

Do you believe Jesus was killed before he could complete his mission and is going to come back and sit on a literal throne in Jerusalem and reign 1,000 years?
His mission was to give himself as a sacrifice to pay for my sins & anyone else who will follow him. It's the true definition of love.
Will he literally reign for 1000 years? I'm not 100% sure on that

floridays

I am shakin' in my shoes.
I was thinking you called yourself that after I said you were dumber than a stump.
I see you don't understand sarcasm.
I'm gonna let the master continue digging his hole.

This is the quote
I missed the lecture this morning, I'm back for the evening lecture. Thanks for saving a seat for me.
@Dum preloader, hurry get your seat.
I'm the stump guy, well not yet.

UnionStrong, you can take your knee pads off now, you got some mayo in the corner of your mouth.
Might like to wipe it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.