Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom.
Individual freedom.
You could go back even further and say it began with interracial marriage. That’s what my dead grandfather would of said.
Speaking personally, I found myself a slave to a lot of my sins.

Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
John 8:36 NKJV

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It wasn't meant as a personal attack & I'm sorry if you took it that way. It's just an observation of how you treat people. Might think about having a little more grace with people.
Treat?
When you say grace, do you mean "lead people to believe that whatever you believe is fine with God and don't post something that is in the Bible that proves said belief wrong. That wouldn't be nice"
We're not at the kitchen table sitting across from each other with open bibles. This forum limits grace and the personal touch time.
I think by more grace, you mean allowing some one to continue in error and that's alright with you. I think you're on the "we're all going to heaven, we're just on different roads" team. That's fine. I'm not. the Bible is very plain. There is one road. few are on it. Matt.7
There are plenty of scriptures on grace, but baptism seems to be the only subject in the Bible.

If you want to continue, great. Give me the verse, I'll do my level best to give you a scriptural answer. Don't ask if you don't want to know. Accepting or rejecting what it says, everyone gets to do that.
I'm just the messenger.
You going to answer my questions? Doesn't matter, but there may be some questions I can answer for you.

floridays

Treat?
When you say grace, do you mean "lead people to believe that whatever you believe is fine with God and don't post something that is in the Bible that proves said belief wrong. That wouldn't be nice"
We're not at the kitchen table sitting across from each other with open bibles. This forum limits grace and the personal touch time.
I think by more grace, you mean allowing some one to continue in error and that's alright with you. I think you're on the "we're all going to heaven, we're just on different roads" team. That's fine. I'm not. the Bible is very plain. There is one road. few are on it. Matt.7
There are plenty of scriptures on grace, but baptism seems to be the only subject in the Bible.

If you want to continue, great. Give me the verse, I'll do my level best to give you a scriptural answer. Don't ask if you don't want to know. Accepting or rejecting what it says, everyone gets to do that.
I'm just the messenger.
You going to answer my questions? Doesn't matter, but there may be some questions I can answer for you.
Keep digging.

BrownFlush

What is the name on the sign outside the building where your congregation meets?
Don't have one.
(edit) I read building..sign at front reads "The church of Christ Meets Here."
The name on the building means nothing. It's what is taught inside that matters.

floridays

Don't have one.
(edit) I read building..sign at front reads "The church of Christ Meets Here."
The name on the building means nothing. It's what is taught inside that matters.
Good enough.

The last piece you plagiarised, who is the writer affiliated with?
You said you helped on it, don't be ashamed.

BrownFlush

Good enough.

The last piece you plagiarised, who is the writer affiliated with?
You said you helped on it, don't be ashamed.
Your attempts to discredit me because you don't have answers is getting old, Stumpy.
Done the best I could do explaining with you what I wrote and what the other writer wrote with you more than a dozen times.
Thought you had finally closed that door on that a couple weeks ago. But you just can't .

The last time of a dozen before....

You only admitted to contributing after I questioned you and produced the article.
Yep.
Before that you acted like it never existed. .
Yep. Only I knew of what words and thoughts were mine before your investigation but never imagined I would be called on the carpet for what wasn't mine.

I already made a way out for you to my acceptance.
Heartwarming. But ,having your acceptance or approval means nothing to me.
Just say you tried to pass someone else's work as your original thought, I'm good with that.
I didn't try.
The article had much of my material in it.
But, if you promise to take that 5 year burr out of your ass I'll confess to whatever you're holding on to and scream guilty as charged.
50 lashes with a wet noodle.

I thought you were done.
You take care now.

floridays

I see you're dumber than a stump.
I'm the king of sarcasm, Stumpy.

Forgive me. I was close.
That was your assessment.

Seven baptisms are spoken of in the Bible yet Ephesians 4:5 states
One Lord, one faith, one baptism

My question,

What is the one baptism?

BrownFlush

In your opinion.
There are a multitude of opinions and theological structures that have been built for thousands of years. What makes yours right & everyone else wrong?
It's just an opinion. I've got one. You got one. We all have one. So everybody's opinion is as good as everybody's else?
If you believe that, I don't want to waste time giving you mine because no matter what, you have limited already whatever I offer.

Do you believe everyone's opinion holds equal validity about what the Bible says?

BrownFlush

Do I have to shame you?
That was your assessment.

Seven baptisms are spoken of in the Bible yet Ephesians 4:5 states
One Lord, one faith, one baptism

My question,

What is the one baptism?
Yep. There sure is.
But this one, The one baptism Paul is talking about Eph.4:5 --"There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—one Lord, one faith, one baptism" Is referring to the baptism that makes everyone a Christian, including those at Ephesus. They responded to the gospel like everyone in the NT.
The Bible teaches WATER baptism is the only one for the remission of sins.

FromOffTheStreets

Paul takes care of the preterist doctrine
When did this happen?

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

BrownFlush

When did this happen?

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
Hasn't yet.

floridays

The Bible teaches WATER baptism is the only one for the remission of sins.
Ephesians 4:5 clearly says there is one baptism.

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

That says to me there is one baptism, the others must be a picture of the one baptism.

I want scripture where the Bible teaches water baptism is the one baptism.

floridays

SMH
You have no idea.
You shame yourself by continuing to be an idiot.
If you don't let it go, I might have to hit the mental don't waste my time button with you, Stumpy.
You can do that.

You will be leaving every one else to form their own belief.

Why are you afraid to answer?

I'm asking you questions based on scripture, nothing more nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.