Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromOffTheStreets

I think by more grace, you mean allowing some one to continue in error and that's alright with you. I think you're on the "we're all going to heaven, we're just on different roads" team. That's fine. I'm not. the Bible is very plain. There is one road. few are on it. Matt.7
Def don't mean that & I agree with the narrow path. I'm not an easy believism guy, in fact I think it's virtually impossible to know Christ without some heavy duty Bible study involved throughout your life.
It's just that if I come into a different understanding of something than someone else , I'm not going to cast them off. Whereas you seem to relish this opportunity. I could be wrong though.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Ephesians 4:5 clearly says there is one baptism.

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

That says to me there is one baptism, the others must be a picture of the one baptism.
I explained what the one baptism the Ephesians knew. WATER baptism is the ONE baptism Paul speaks of in the passage. It's purpose was for the remission of sins and putting one in Christ.
Paul was at Ephesus for 3 years. Converted folks there to Christ and so a local church was established there.

What baptism do you think it is? And what picture(the latest Polaroid?)of others are you talking about?

BrownFlush

Whereas you seem to relish this opportunity. I could be wrong though.
Yep, you're wrong.
I put the scripture out there that I believe refutes the wrong position. It's the power.
The relish would be, "I never knew that, thanks"
You on the other hand, would give someone else a pass because? Not throughly convinced of your conviction and stand on a passage? Don't want to offend?
I think it's virtually impossible to know Christ without some heavy duty Bible study involved throughout your life.
To know Christ is to know His word.
His last Will and Testament has 27 books.
I know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

floridays

I explained what the one baptism the Ephesians knew. WATER baptism is the ONE baptism Paul speaks of in the passage. It's purpose was for the remission of sins and putting one in Christ.
Paul was at Ephesus for 3 years. Converted folks there to Christ and so a local church was established there.

What baptism do you think it is? And what picture(the latest Polaroid?)of others are you talking about?
You don't get off so easily.
You explained (not to my satisfaction) but you didn't offer scripture.

If you agree seven baptisms are spoken of (true if you do or not), it's explicitly recorded in Ephesians there is one baptism.

I started this line of questioning, you are on the stand.

BrownFlush

You don't get off so easily.
You explained (not to my satisfaction) but you didn't offer scripture.

If you agree seven baptisms are spoken of (true if you do or not), it's explicitly recorded in Ephesians there is one baptism.

I started this line of questioning, you are on the stand.
You are like talking to a stump.
What is a question you have?
Just one at a time and as plain as you can make it.

BrownFlush

I'm not your wife, I don't cower to you.
You'd love me to back off.
One more time.
I'm telling you, this is my last attempt if you don't do it, bye, bye.

Ask one question, one question only, one at a time. As plain as you can and I will try and answer.

FromOffTheStreets

If you want to continue, great. Give me the verse, I'll do my level best to give you a scriptural answer. Don't ask if you don't want to know. Accepting or rejecting what it says, everyone gets to do that.
Prov. 9:9
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.

I just try to take it all in !

They generally stay away from eschatology, probably because there are so many different views on it.
Most of my studies take place during my 5 hours of rural routes every day
"He didn't know about eschatology, he didn't know anything about any of that. He just KNEW that the One hanging next to him was greater than he."

Pastor Charles Lawson talking about the thief on the cross

floridays

One more time.
I'm telling you, this is my last attempt if you don't do it, bye, bye.

Ask one question, one question only, one at a time. As plain as you can and I will try and answer.
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This is not a question, I'm asking you to do something.

In the previous verse please highlight the word water.

A question will follow.

BrownFlush

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This is not a question, I'm asking you to do something.

In the previous verse please highlight the word water.

A question will follow.
The word water is inferred. Why? Because baptism in WATER is the the only baptism in the New Testament that is FOR the remission of sins. Which is exactly what Peter said to do and the reason to do it.
Repent and be baptized( Holy Ghost baptism) is not there. That happened earlier in the chapter. The promise made by Jesus to the Apostles and only the Apostles being fulfilled..It happens one more time in Acts 10 (Baptism) (Given power) by the HS.

This baptism (Acts 2)is the same as Cornelius( Acts 10) The Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8)Sauls baptism (Acts 22) The Jailer and his household(Acts 16). I suggest you read those passages. What they did is no different than different than 3000 people did in Acts 2 for the remission of their sins. They were baptized in water.

Remember. Just one straight question at a time. One question as plain as you can make it. One at a time.

floridays

1 Peter 3:21
While you couldn't highlight in the text, offered you offered this and I will begin at 20

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

I will offer.

None of the eight where dunked in the water to a new life. Quite frankly they rode above the water and landed on dry land. Everyone placed in the water perished, they were "baptised into the water" not to be raised again to life.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us.

I ask, why were they saved, because they believed God or because they were "baptised" in the water? Anyone that went into the water perished.

The scripture plainly says it is a figure. Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.