Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

El Correcto

god is dead
Except that isn't immoral. No matter what any racists would have said to the contrary a man marrying a woman when both are unencumbered by marriage to others is perfectly acceptable.
Neither is two consenting adults marrying, that’s why you people always stoop to pedophiles(which you condone as long as they are straight) and beastality.

There is nothing wrong with gay couples receiving recognition straight couples do.

Wah wah procreation, wah wah muh religion, are not excuses for making people unequal under law.

vantexan

While you couldn't highlight in the text, offered you offered this and I will begin at 20

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

I will offer.

None of the eight where dunked in the water to a new life. Quite frankly they rode above the water and landed on dry land. Everyone placed in the water perished, they were "baptised into the water" not to be raised again to life.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us.

I ask, why were they saved, because they believed God or because they were "baptised" in the water? Anyone that went into the water perished.

The scripture plainly says it is a figure. Think about it.
Those verses clearly aren't saying Noah and family were baptized. Here's where I believe you're going wrong. You believe only belief in Jesus as the Son of God is necessary for salvation. I believe that belief means obeying all that we're commanded to do and we'll be judged on our compliance with those commands as well as our sincerity in our hearts in our belief. It's not earning salvation, it's being obedient, submitting to God's will and being faithful to the Christian life. And because we are weak, sinful creatures we ask for forgiveness when we fail. You say we can't fail no matter what we do. The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:27 that he kept control of his body and brought it into subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. If an Apostle of Christ can lose his soul then we certainly can. It's my soul that's at stake in my life so I'm going to try to live the Christian life. And I'm not perfect by any stretch.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
While you couldn't highlight in the text, offered you offered this and I will begin at 20

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

I will offer.

None of the eight where dunked in the water to a new life. Quite frankly they rode above the water and landed on dry land. Everyone placed in the water perished, they were "baptised into the water" not to be raised again to life.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us.

I ask, why were they saved, because they believed God or because they were "baptised" in the water? Anyone that went into the water perished.

The scripture plainly says it is a figure. Think about it.
God: Noah, I'm going to flood the entire world. You need to build an ark.
Noah: I believe you God!
It begins to rain. Noah and his family drown like the whole world.
Judgement Day, God: Noah why didn't you build an Ark?
Noah: But,I believed. You mean I had to do something to be saved by the water?

Lesson: Not saved by works. Saved by DOING what God commands.

floridays

The word water is inferred. Why? Because baptism in WATER is the the only baptism in the New Testament that is FOR the remission of sins. Which is exactly what Peter said to do and the reason to do it.
Repent and be baptized( Holy Ghost baptism) is not there. That happened earlier in the chapter. The promise made by Jesus to the Apostles and only the Apostles being fulfilled..It happens one more time in Acts 10 (Baptism) (Given power) by the HS.

This baptism (Acts 2)is the same as Cornelius( Acts 10) The Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8)Sauls baptism (Acts 22) The Jailer and his household(Acts 16). I suggest you read those passages. What they did is no different than different than 3000 people did in Acts 2 for the remission of their sins. They were baptized in water.

Remember. Just one straight question at a time. One question as plain as you can make it.
I thought my other questions were plain, you just don't like them.
I'm waiting for the highlighted text from Acts 2:38, scripture does not infer.

So a greasy sinner like me has to trust a likely pervert like you to dunk me in the water to wash away my sins?

The question:
Is it possible that once the Gospel is preached and a person believes, simultaneously he is baptized into Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes residence in that person and he is born again, a new creation?

Is that possible? Or do I need a self-righteous pervert like you to dunk me under the water?

BrownFlush

I've yet to see your verses rejecting pre-mil & I haven't heard your eschatological position
I thought my other questions were plain, you just don't like them.
I'm waiting for the highlighted text from Acts 2:38, scripture does not infer.

So a greasy sinner like me has to trust a likely pervert like you to dunk me in the water to wash away my sins?

The question:
Is it possible that once the Gospel is preached and a person believes, simultaneously he is baptized into Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes residence in that person and he is born again, a new creation?

Is that possible? Or do I need a self-righteous pervert like you to dunk me under the water?
I answered the question in your comment. Where is water in that verse? smh

Try again.
Ask one question. Just one at a time.
Follow these instructions. This comment shows you just can't do it. Last warning.
One question at a time. If you can't do it, bye, bye.

Last edited:

vantexan

Neither is two consenting adults marrying, that’s why you people always stoop to pedophiles(which you condone as long as they are straight) and beastality.

There is nothing wrong with gay couples receiving recognition straight couples do.

Wah wah procreation, wah wah muh religion, are not excuses for making people unequal under law.
Civil marriage wise if the State wants to recognize two of the same sex as married there's nothing I can do about it. I brought up paedophilia because the other day saw an article where people were being called "minor attracted persons" instead of paedophiles. There's literally a push on for years now not only to make homosexuality mainstream but also transgenderism, and now this. Basically any aberration in human psychology must be accepted as a variation, not a perversion. You yourself have railed against families but the bond between man and woman resulting in offspring is the very core of civilization. That's being characterized by some these days as just another choice. It's THE choice if we're to continue as a civilization and not collapse.

vantexan

Why did you post it then in response to my question?
I'll read the rest of what you wrote.
Why did you post it then in response to my question?
I'll read the rest of what you wrote.
I posted 1 Peter 3:21. You included 3:20. But if that gives you clarity then yes Noah and family were saved when they complied with God's will. They already believed in God but he required they build an ark. And they were saved. And Peter went on to say that baptism does also now save us. If you disagree you'll have to take it up with him. I didn't say it, he did.

I posted 1 Peter 3:21. You included 3:20. But if that gives you clarity then yes Noah and family were saved when they complied with God's will. They already believed in God but he required they build an ark. And they were saved. And Peter went on to say that baptism does also now save us. If you disagree you'll have to take it up with him. I didn't say it, he did.
"Thankfully, though, we don’t have to guess at what Peter means in this verse because he clarifies that for us with the phrase “not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience.” While Peter is connecting baptism with salvation, it is not the act of being baptized that he is referring to (not the removal of dirt from the flesh). Being immersed in water does nothing but wash away dirt. What Peter is referring to is what baptism represents, which is what saves us (an appeal to God for a good conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ). In other words, Peter is simply connecting baptism with belief. It is not the getting wet part that saves but the “appeal to God for a clean conscience” which is signified by baptism, that saves us. The appeal to God always comes first. First belief and repentance, then we are baptized to publicly identify ourselves with Christ."

El Correcto

god is dead
Civil marriage wise if the State wants to recognize two of the same sex as married there's nothing I can do about it. I brought up paedophilia because the other day saw an article where people were being called "minor attracted persons" instead of paedophiles. There's literally a push on for years now not only to make homosexuality mainstream but also transgenderism, and now this. Basically any aberration in human psychology must be accepted as a variation, not a perversion. You yourself have railed against families but the bond between man and woman resulting in offspring is the very core of civilization. That's being characterized by some these days as just another choice. It's THE choice if we're to continue as a civilization and not collapse.
Funny stuff comin from the childless incel.

BrownFlush

I've yet to see your verses rejecting pre-mil & I haven't heard your eschatological position
Understanding and knowing the eternal plan ( before he made the world)of God wherein one will be saved in Christ, added to the church,( the spiritual kingdom), goes counter to everything in the pre mill position.
The return of Jesus will be the last day. The judgement day. The day all will raised from the dead. He will not set foot on this earth again. The divine plan of God to redeem man was perfect and went perfect 2000 years ago.

Put forth a particular teaching/position/passage, held by pre-mill , one at a time, and I will try and answer why it cannot be true.
I think it's less confusing and more beneficial to those reading. Easier to follow.

vantexan

"Thankfully, though, we don’t have to guess at what Peter means in this verse because he clarifies that for us with the phrase “not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience.” While Peter is connecting baptism with salvation, it is not the act of being baptized that he is referring to (not the removal of dirt from the flesh). Being immersed in water does nothing but wash away dirt. What Peter is referring to is what baptism represents, which is what saves us (an appeal to God for a good conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ). In other words, Peter is simply connecting baptism with belief. It is not the getting wet part that saves but the “appeal to God for a clean conscience” which is signified by baptism, that saves us. The appeal to God always comes first. First belief and repentance, then we are baptized to publicly identify ourselves with Christ."
Yes he made it clear that baptism isn't about literally washing the outer body but a symbolic cleansing. Which in every example of Christian conversion they complied with. I'm not going to tell anyone that it's just some ritual that you may or may not do. Repentance and Confessing that Jesus is the Son of God always come before baptism. Baptism is the final step, not just some added on ritual.

Yes he made it clear that baptism isn't about literally washing the outer body but a symbolic cleansing. Which in every example of Christian conversion they complied with. I'm not going to tell anyone that it's just some ritual that you may or may not do. Repentance and Confessing that Jesus is the Son of God always come before baptism. Baptism is the final step, not just some added on ritual.
If someone didn't want to get baptized I would be concerned about their faith and probably suggest it to them but I can't in good conscience say that if you don't you're going to hell.

floridays

God: Noah, I'm going to flood the entire world. You need to build an ark.
Noah: I believe you God!
It begins to rain. Noah and his family drown like the whole world.
Judgement Day, God: Noah why didn't you build an Ark?
Noah: But,I believed. You mean I had to do something to be saved by the water?

Lesson: Not saved by works. Saved by DOING what God commands.
It's amazing.
When I ask you a direct question you can't answer it, but when I respond to someone else you are Johnny on the spot.

Those verses clearly aren't saying Noah and family were baptized. Here's where I believe you're going wrong. You believe only belief in Jesus as the Son of God is necessary for salvation. I believe that belief means obeying all that we're commanded to do and we'll be judged on our compliance with those commands as well as our sincerity in our hearts in our belief. It's not earning salvation, it's being obedient, submitting to God's will and being faithful to the Christian life. And because we are weak, sinful creatures we ask for forgiveness when we fail. You say we can't fail no matter what we do. The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:27 that he kept control of his body and brought it into subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. If an Apostle of Christ can lose his soul then we certainly can. It's my soul that's at stake in my life so I'm going to try to live the Christian life. And I'm not perfect by any stretch.
This really helped me understand your perspective. I still disagree however.

vantexan

If someone didn't want to get baptized I would be concerned about their faith and probably suggest it to them but I can't in good conscience say that if you don't you're going to hell.
Up to God to judge but I would make it clear that every example we have of Christian conversion involved water immersion baptism. I wouldn't want to stand before God and say I just didn't feel it was necessary.

floridays

Understanding and knowing the eternal plan ( before he made the world)of God wherein one will be saved in Christ, added to the church,( the spiritual kingdom), goes counter to everything in the pre mill position.
The return of Jesus will be the last day. The judgement day. The day all will raised from the dead. He will not set foot on this earth again. The divine plan of God to redeem man was perfect and went perfect 2000 years ago.

Put forth a particular teaching/position/passage, held by pre-mill , one at a time, and I will try and answer why it cannot be true.
I think it's less confusing and more beneficial to those reading. Easier to follow.
And I thought I was full of myself. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.