Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
he fails so badly at the golden rule that hes not a christian
I believe that faith in Christ is the only requirement for membership in Christianity.

I believe it is not about anyone’s successes or failures, rules, laws, or written codes but about God’s perfect love expressed in Christ’s perfect forgiveness and his perfect righteousness that anyone can receive as their own by faith.

@rickyb,
Who or what do you put your faith in?

vantexan

I believe that faith in Christ is the only requirement for membership in Christianity.

I believe it is not about anyone’s successes or failures, rules, laws, or written codes but about God’s perfect love expressed in Christ’s perfect forgiveness and his perfect righteousness that anyone can receive as their own by faith.

@rickyb,
You can't receive as your own Christ's perfect righteousness because you are an imperfect being. It's the blood of Christ that covers you, his sacrifice giving his life on the cross that saves you if you turn to him and live the Christian life. That means asking God to forgive you, confessing that Jesus is God's son, and being baptized for the remission of your sins. At that moment you will have had your past sins washed away. You must then continue to live the Christian life to the best of your ability, knowing God will forgive you if you ask for forgiveness when you fall short and sin. That means walking away from harming others, harming yourself, doing the things you did in your past life that are listed as sin in the Bible. If you refuse to accept that you must turn away from past sin then you are essentially saying you know what is better for us than God does. It's submission to God's will that will save you, not cherry picking what you will accept, what you won't. We aren't equal with our creator.

rickyb

@rickyb,
I noticed 1 thing that separates ppl from succeeding at religion is self control

I put my faith in everyday ppl doing whatever political acts they can everyday to leave a little heaven behind. especially when theres little chance of success

Integrity

Binge Poster
I noticed 1 thing that separates ppl from succeeding at religion is self control

I put my faith in everyday ppl doing whatever political acts they can everyday to leave a little heaven behind. especially when theres little chance of success
Do you believe God is ultimately behind the works and doings and acts of these people?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You can't receive as your own Christ's perfect righteousness because you are an imperfect being. It's the blood of Christ that covers you, his sacrifice giving his life on the cross that saves you if you turn to him and live the Christian life. That means asking God to forgive you, confessing that Jesus is God's son, and being baptized for the remission of your sins. At that moment you will have had your past sins washed away. You must then continue to live the Christian life to the best of your ability, knowing God will forgive you if you ask for forgiveness when you fall short and sin. That means walking away from harming others, harming yourself, doing the things you did in your past life that are listed as sin in the Bible. If you refuse to accept that you must turn away from past sin then you are essentially saying you know what is better for us than God does. It's submission to God's will that will save you, not cherry picking what you will accept, what you won't. We aren't equal with our creator.
You may believe that it is your work that will save you.

That’s cool, I believe differently.

I believe salvation is the work of God by faith in Him through his Son’s finished work on the cross and resurrection to new life by the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing more.

vantexan

You may believe that it is your work that will save you.

That’s cool, I believe differently.

I believe salvation is the work of God by faith in Him through his Son’s finished work on the cross and resurrection to new life by the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing more.
The Apostle James said faith without works is dead. It's God's grace that will save me. But his judgement is based on how I lived. Jesus said "Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Apostle James said faith without works is dead. It's God's grace that will save me. But his judgement is based on how I lived. Jesus said "Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."
He makes it up as he goes along. The Bible doesn’t mean much to him.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My interpretation of the first passage you referenced is this passage is not in reference to a saving faith but simply commenting and comparing a vibrant and effective faith with a faith that is a spiritless and ineffective faith.

Yes I believe the Bible clearly teaches that our Father in heaven’s will for us is to believe in His son.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
He makes it up as he goes along. The Bible doesn’t mean much to him.
I don’t think I do.

The Bible means a lot to me, I realize it doesn’t mean as much to me as it does to others but I view it as a wonderful and important aspect of my personal religious tradition.

vantexan

My interpretation of the first passage you referenced is this passage is not in reference to a saving faith but simply commenting and comparing a vibrant and effective faith with a faith that is a spiritless and ineffective faith.

Yes I believe the Bible clearly teaches that our Father in heaven’s will for us is to believe in His son.
So instead of doing good works you can skate by just doing whatever. Nothing matters but your interpretation instead of taking the verse at face value. So sayeth Integrity, so sayeth the flock!

Integrity

Binge Poster
So instead of doing good works you can skate by just doing whatever. Nothing matters but your interpretation instead of taking the verse at face value. So sayeth Integrity, so sayeth the flock!
So I should bow to your interpretation?

I ask no one to bow to mine, I just share my experience, strength, and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.