Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No past sin unforgiven, no future sin unforgivable. Otherwise you are offending God by presuming He will forgive your transgressions.

The sin of presumption is a distortion of the theological virtue of hope. It's when someone:

• Expects to gain eternal life without God's assistance
  • Expects salvation without responding to God's grace
  • Acts without authority or permission, assuming God is obligated to support them
  • Relies on God's mercy and power to hope for salvation without deserving it
  • Relies on future forgiveness to get away with sinning now
  • Expects special assistance from God to commit a crime
The Bible says that presumptuous sins are intentional, willful, and arrogant. They are done in defiance of God's Word.”
As I interpret it the Bible it is clear that Christ died for all sins, past, present, and future.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
As I interpret it the Bible it is clear that Christ died for all sins, past, present, and future.
Of course you do.

It keeps you from being responsible for your own transgressions.

I believe you are confused between forgiveness and grace.
“Grace is favor, the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to his call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and eternal life. Grace is a participation in the life of God.”

Integrity

Binge Poster
Of course you do.

It keeps you from being responsible for your own transgressions.

I believe you are confused between forgiveness and grace.
“Grace is favor, the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to his call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and eternal life. Grace is a participation in the life of God.”
Are you without sin?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So when you don’t sin you believe and when you do sin you don’t believe.

Is that what you are saying?
No, I believe that when I sin, I must accept responsibility and the consequences for those actions.
I believe that I must ask (not presume) God's forgiveness .
I believe that I must make reparations (good works) for my sins.
I believe that I must avoid the temptation of falling back into my sin by amending my life.
I believe that I must renew my commitment to Jesus, in order to regain my place as a child of God in good standing.

upschuck

I believe that I must ask (not presume) God's forgiveness .
What if you forget one, or don't know you committed one?
I believe that I must make reparations (good works) for my sins.
Are you saying you got to work your way into heaven?
I believe that I must avoid the temptation of falling back into my sin by amending my life.
How many redos do you get? You believe you can attain perfection on earth? I do not.
I believe that I must renew my commitment to Jesus, in order to regain my place as a child of God in good standing.
I would think this would make a lot of people miserable, with high anxiety, wondering if they are good to go, or not. I don't think this is how God wants us to be.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What if you forget one, or don't know you committed one?
You acknowledge your sins and sinfulness, not get hung up on the laundry list. FYI, a sin requires foreknowledge and choice.
Are you saying you got to work your way into heaven?
You equate reparation with compensable action. They are not equivalent.
How many redos do you get? You believe you can attain perfection on earth? I do not.
Well, I redo every day, without expectation of achieving perfection. But then, I believe humility is a virtue.
I would think this would make a lot of people miserable, with high anxiety, wondering if they are good to go, or not. I don't think this is how God wants us to be.
Jesus established the example, not man. Matt 11:28-30

FromOffTheStreets

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that there is sin that beyond the reach of Christ’s forgiveness??

Please explain if you would.
My point is that there are many religious systems that tickle your ears. They want numbers & your $ to pay their salaries & building payments. They don't want to offend anyone & lose $ & members.

If you knew that you could "partake" in this world & receive eternal life by reciting a prayer, your taking that all day. However if you were to have to "deny yourself" & seek repentance to receive eternal life, there is a cost.

Jesus paid the debt for all mankind. Some use him and partake. Others subject themselves to him & deny

People who want to partake & receive choose churches that allow for that. They're usually non biblical and create their own paths to salvation

Integrity

Binge Poster
My point is that there are many religious systems that tickle your ears. They want numbers & your $ to pay their salaries & building payments. They don't want to offend anyone & lose $ & members.

If you knew that you could "partake" in this world & receive eternal life by reciting a prayer, your taking that all day. However if you were to have to "deny yourself" & seek repentance to receive eternal life, there is a cost.

Jesus paid the debt for all mankind. Some use him and partake. Others subject themselves to him & deny

People who want to partake & receive choose churches that allow for that. They're usually non biblical and create their own paths to salvation
Ok.

The Bible teaches faith in God is a gift of God, not a work of man. It really is pretty simple.

Bible Verses about Faith as Gift of God

Last edited:

upschuck

You acknowledge your sins and sinfulness, not get hung up on the laundry list. FYI, a sin requires foreknowledge and choice.
So, people who don't know they are sinning, are perfect in God's eyes. So ignorance really is bliss.
You equate reparation with compensable action. They are not equivalent.
You did not answer my question.
Well, I redo every day, without expectation of achieving perfection. But then, I believe humility is a virtue.
I guess I didn't read what you meant correctly.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So, people who don't know they are sinning, are perfect in God's eyes. So ignorance really is bliss.

You did not answer my question.

I guess I didn't read what you meant correctly.
Do you understand the difference between wages for work done, and a gift?

When you are compensated for your labor, your transaction is complete with no expectation of further obligation.

When you are given a gift, there is the expectation of a response: a show of gratitude, reciprocation, maybe paying it forward. Expressing gratitude isn't work in exchange for the gift, it is a correct response. So it is with 'good works'.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you understand the difference between wages for work done, and a gift?

When you are compensated for your labor, your transaction is complete with no expectation of further obligation.

When you are given a gift, there is the expectation of a response: a show of gratitude, reciprocation, maybe paying it forward. Expressing gratitude isn't work in exchange for the gift, it is a correct response. So it is with 'good works'.
Not in agreement with your perspective on a given gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.