Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

So I should bow to your interpretation?

I ask no one to bow to mine, I just share my experience, strength, and hope.
No, you should follow what the Bible teaches instead of dismissing it as just the writings of men. For example, homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. You reject that. In other words do what you like, God still loves you and accepts you no matter what.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, you should follow what the Bible teaches instead of dismissing it as just the writings of men. For example, homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. You reject that. In other words do what you like, God still loves you and accepts you no matter what.
So I should follow your interpretation of the Bible rather than the Holy Spirit’s interpretation. That is not what the Bible teaches.

The Bible teaches oneness in Christ not differentiation. I condemn no sin. Neither does God. The Bible teaches Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Yet you condemn.

Who is really picking and choosing?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not my job to judge humanity. That is up to God. He expects submission to his will. Anyone who picks and chooses what to accept or reject isn't submitting to God's will.
Yes the Bible clearly teaches that God’s will is to believe on His Son for eternal life.

vantexan

So I should follow your interpretation of the Bible rather than the Holy Spirit’s interpretation. That is not what the Bible teaches.

The Bible teaches oneness in Christ not differentiation. I condemn no sin. Neither does God. The Bible teaches Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Yet you condemn.

Who is really picking and choosing?
The Bible makes it clear that most won't go to heaven. Jesus even said it in the verse I provided you. Jesus gave us a path to salvation if we choose it. Up to us to save ourselves by obeying his word. I'm not making it up as I go along. I'm pointing out what the Bible says. You on the other hand reject anything that conflicts with what you want. The oneness in Christ are those who accept and follow Christ's teachings and commandments. It's not continuing to live in sin and it's ok because Jesus still loves you and accepts you. You reject homosexuality as sinful? Which sins would you say aren't ok, won't allow you into heaven? Are you then not rejecting some while accepting others? Who gave you that right? Or are you saying one can still continue in any sin because if you accept Jesus as your savior then it won't matter what you do? If so if a Mafia hitman continues to murder even though he believes Jesus is his savior then in the end will he still enter heaven?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes the Bible clearly teaches that God’s will is to believe on His Son for eternal life.
No, the Bible teaches that following the example set by Jesus is necessary for eternal life.

How can you follow the example of serving your fellow man, without serving your fellow man (good works)?

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Bible makes it clear that most won't go to heaven. Jesus even said it in the verse I provided you. Jesus gave us a path to salvation if we choose it. Up to us to save ourselves by obeying his word. I'm not making it up as I go along. I'm pointing out what the Bible says.
Seems you are.
You on the other hand reject anything that conflicts with what you want.
Not true.
The oneness in Christ are those who accept and follow Christ's teachings and commandments. It's not continuing to live in sin and it's ok because Jesus still loves you and accepts you. You reject homosexuality as sinful? Which sins would you say aren't ok, won't allow you into heaven? Are you then not rejecting some while accepting others? Who gave you that right? Or are you saying one can still continue in any sin because if you accept Jesus as your savior then it won't matter what you do? If so if a Mafia hitman continues to murder even though he believes Jesus is his savior then in the end will he still enter heaven?
To say all these things makes It seem to me that you may not have had a personal encounter with God.

You saying that man saves himself seems to be far from any Bible teaching that I have encountered.

I would recommend that you check the source of your interpretation.

What Does the Bible Say About Only God Can Save?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
John 3:16 for one.

What is your point?
If John 3:16 were the ONLY Scripture revealed to mankind, you might have a point.
I don't think you can cook a recipe by stopping with the first ingredient.

My point is that, while good works alone don't assure salvation, they are a necessary component of salvation.
The Bible explains all that.

rickyb

Do you believe God is ultimately behind the works and doings and acts of these people?
yea you could call it that. if they are good at what they do then the force is strong with them. if they do political acts and are bad at it, well then the force is still with them but they are not strong at it.

"God is a human concept. God is the name we give to our belief that life has meaning, one that transcends the world’s chaos, randomness and cruelty. To argue about whether God exists or does not exist is futile. The question is not whether God exists. The question is whether we concern ourselves with, or are utterly indifferent to, the sanctity and ultimate transcendence of human existence. God is that mysterious force — and you can give it many names as other religions do — which works upon us and through us to seek and achieve truth, beauty and goodness. God is perhaps best understood as our ultimate concern, that in which we should place our highest hopes, confidence and trust. In Exodus God says, by way of identification, “I am that I am.” It is probably more accurately translated: “I will be what I will be.” God is better understood as verb rather than a noun. God is not an asserted existence but a process accomplishing itself. And God is inescapable. It is the life force that sustains, transforms and defines all existence. The name of God is laden, thanks to our religious institutions and the numerous tyrants, charlatans and demagogues these institutions produced, with so much baggage and imagery that it is hard for us to see the intent behind the concept. All societies and cultures have struggled to give words to describe these forces. It is why Freud avoided writing about the phenomenon of love."

vantexan

Seems you are.

Not true.

To say all these things makes It seem to me that you may not have had a personal encounter with God.

You saying that man saves himself seems to be far from any Bible teaching that I have encountered.

I would recommend that you check the source of your interpretation.

The Apostle Paul said "Save yourselves from this untoward generation." That doesn't mean we save ourselves, not God. It means we must make the right choices in life. In that sense we save ourselves.

FromOffTheStreets

It all comes down to what "Believe" means. There are a couple different paths here.
1. Mental "belief" in the idea of it all but staying on your current team.
2. "Belief" to the point of changing teams over to his.
(God's will is our sanctification actually, I forget which verse that is)

FromOffTheStreets

Yes we save ourselves by putting our faith in Christ and accepting God’s salvation. The Bible clearly teaches this.

Our works don't save us. Our works show others, as well as ourselves, that we are saved(or aren't).
If our works don't align with God's word, yet we say we "believe in him," then we are deceived. For instance, if I tell everyone that I'm a cowboy's fan, yet I continue to cheer for the Texans, then I'm a deceiver.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Our works don't save us. Our works show others, as well as ourselves, that we are saved(or aren't).
If our works don't align with God's word, yet we say we "believe in him," then we are deceived. For instance, if I tell everyone that I'm a cowboy's fan, yet I continue to cheer for the Texans, then I'm a deceiver.
I get it.

My interpretation of what the Bible teaches on saving faith is that once you believe in your heart and confess Him as Lord that there is no sin that can separate us from God’s love in Christ. No sin.

I think the Bible is pretty clear about this.

FromOffTheStreets

I get it.

My interpretation of what the Bible teaches on saving faith is that once you believe in your heart and confess Him as Lord that there is no sin that can separate us from God’s love in Christ. No sin.

Agreeable. Noone is without sin.
Are we practicing it or seeking to crucify it? If we are practicing it with no conviction to crucify, then we don't actually believe in him.
When we believe then we receive the spirit. The holy spirit convicts the world of sin. Therefore if there is no conviction, there is no real belief.

vantexan

I get it.

Can you prove this?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Agreeable. Noone is without sin.
Are we practicing it or seeking to crucify it? If we are practicing it with no conviction to crucify, then we don't actually believe in him.
When we believe then we receive the spirit. The holy spirit convicts the world of sin. Therefore if there is no conviction, there is no real belief.
Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that there is sin that beyond the reach of Christ’s forgiveness??

Please explain if you would.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I get it.

No past sin unforgiven, no future sin unforgivable. Otherwise you are offending God by presuming He will forgive your transgressions.

The sin of presumption is a distortion of the theological virtue of hope. It's when someone:

• Expects to gain eternal life without God's assistance
  • Expects salvation without responding to God's grace
  • Acts without authority or permission, assuming God is obligated to support them
  • Relies on God's mercy and power to hope for salvation without deserving it
  • Relies on future forgiveness to get away with sinning now
  • Expects special assistance from God to commit a crime
The Bible says that presumptuous sins are intentional, willful, and arrogant. They are done in defiance of God's Word.”

Status
Not open for further replies.