Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORS HOSTIBUS

You misquote me. I said 'good works'. See Matt 25:40-45 for examples.

For a sin, three conditions must exist at the same time.
1. It must be of a grave matter;
2. It must be committed with full knowledge that it is a sin;
3. It must be committed with full consent.

Only God is perfect. And your concept of sin is incorrect. Sin is turning away from God in preference to Self. God gave us rules in order that we might function as family and not wild beasts intent on eliminating perceived threats of others. We do not sin against God because we cannot deprive God of what He needs, we sin against His Creation. When we sin against Creation we damage its perfect harmony, and are then obligated to repair the damage we have done. Thus the requirement for Good Works.
Èxplaining Catholic Theology to protestants is a good work. Do you watch Taylor Marshall podcasts?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't pick and choose. When I fail to obey a traffic speed sign or not file my taxes I know I'm not doing the right thing. That's the difference between me and you. You choose to not do something and think it's no big deal because no matter what you do there's no way you can lose your soul if you have accepted Jesus as your savior. So you can go through life only complying with what you choose to.
Yes. Obviously by your description you are the same, other than believing in the living God for salvation over religious traditions, and written code of man. But I believe God is and always will be on His throne and works through your failures too.

Any idea ultimately why you pick and choose what you pick and choose to believe and I pick and choose what I pick and choose to believe?

Remember the Bible clearly teaches in Christ Jesus we are one, heirs to the promise of God.

Last edited:

MORS HOSTIBUS

We can argue about whether folks live up to what they profess. Back in they day if you were clergy and broke the trust of the faithful, they bounced your a-- out and you spent the remaining part of your life in a monastery doing penance.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We can argue about whether folks live up to what they profess. Back in they day if you were clergy and broke the trust of the faithful, they bounced your a-- out and you spent the remaining part of your life in a monastery doing penance.
We can and many of the established religion of the day do, pretty clear that this is not a new problem, and I do believe it is a problem. The Bible is pretty clear that it was a problem in Jesus’s time as well.

The Bible is clear that God doesn’t see as man sees. The Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.

IMO Some priests and those vulnerable to the sins of these priests would have been greatly helped by being put in solitude with the Lord. Others were harmed by having their sins covered up by the corrupted to protect the religion and not the afflicted or those vulnerable to those afflicted. Those corrupted were IMO more concerned with outward appearances, not the heart of God for the most vulnerable.

vantexan

Yes. Obviously by your description you are the same, other than believing in the living God for salvation over religious traditions, and written code of man. But I believe God is and always will be on His throne and works through your failures too.

Any idea ultimately why you pick and choose what you pick and choose to believe and I pick and choose what I pick and choose to believe?

Remember the Bible clearly teaches in Christ Jesus we are one, heirs to the promise of God.
I pick and choose to believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and how he speaks to us through the Holy Spirit. You pick and choose to believe you directly communicate with the Holy.Spirit. That you're having actual conversations with him. And that he's directing you to be accepting of practices by others that the Bible calls sin and requires us to reject such behavior. That as long as you believe Jesus is God's son there's nothing you can do that will separate you from him. How am I doing?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I pick and choose to believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and how he speaks to us through the Holy Spirit. You pick and choose to believe you directly communicate with the Holy.Spirit. That you're having actual conversations with him. And that he's directing you to be accepting of practices by others that the Bible calls sin and requires us to reject such behavior. That as long as you believe Jesus is God's son there's nothing you can do that will separate you from him. How am I doing?
Well said.

It is such a blessing to see you admit that you do pick and choose what you believe.

vantexan

Well said.

It is such a blessing to see you admit that you do pick and choose what you believe.
Why is it that someone who calls himself Integrity chooses to twist my words? I think you're a liberal with an agenda. One.who never directly addresses questions.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why is it that someone who calls himself Integrity chooses to twist my words? I think you're a liberal with an agenda. One.who never directly addresses questions.
I didn’t twist any of your words.

I do not identify with the label liberal or any other similar polarizing labels. I take it issue by issue.

Never address questions, LOL.

vantexan

I didn’t twist any of your words.

I do not identify with the label liberal or any other similar polarizing labels. I take it issue by issue.

Never address questions, LOL.
Really? Never? You continue to say I pick and choose but don't provide examples. You won't say if you follow local, state, and Federal laws.

And liberal? You're so far Left you have just about circled the globe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Really? Yes Never? Maybe not never.You continue to say I pick and choose but don't provide examples. Example below.You won't say if you follow local, state, and Federal laws. I exceed the speed limit sometimes (local), sometimes I work for cash and don’t claim it as income (state and federal).

And liberal? I don’t identify as liberal. You're so far Left you have just about circled the globe. You don’t know me .
I pick and choose to believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and how he speaks to us through the Holy Spirit.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
IMG_4076.gif

vantexan

Integrity made his reply then shut me out of replying to him. I said pick and choose as a response to what he was saying that I picked and chose just like him. Nothing more @Integrity He won't condemn abortion and he supports gays and women ministers so I stand by my statement that he's a far Left liberal. At least have the courage of his convictions to argue his beliefs instead of dodging questions all the time.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Integrity made his reply then shut me out of replying to him. I said pick and choose as a response to what he was saying that I picked and chose just like him. Nothing more @Integrity He won't condemn abortion and he supports gays and women ministers so I stand by my statement that he's a far Left liberal. At least have the courage of his convictions to argue his beliefs instead of dodging questions all the time.
He’s definitely a leftist.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Using your post above. You are saying that you pick anti-abortion as your point of view and you choose to condemn those that have abortions. No?

I do not agree with the practice of abortions, I think it is an ill advised decision for more than one reason. I do not believe in politicizing this deeply personal and moral decision. I view it solely and exclusively between the woman and God.

I condemn no one for supporting or opposing this practice nor do I condemn anyone for having an abortion.

Again, I have to leave this in the loving arms of our creator, God.

I do not identify with liberal politics or any political school of thought or party.

vantexan

Using your post above. You are saying that you pick anti-abortion as your point of view and you choose to condemn those that have abortions. No?

I do not agree with the practice of abortions, I think it is an ill advised decision for more than one reason. I do not believe in politicizing this deeply personal and moral decision. I view it solely and exclusively between the woman and God.

I condemn no one for supporting or opposing this practice nor do I condemn anyone for having an abortion.

Again, I have to leave this in the loving arms of our creator, God.

I do not identify with liberal politics or any political school of thought or party.
That's a milquetoast response. I condemn the practice of abortion and find it abhorrent that someone would murder their child. I am willing to compromise to a point. I don't want to see a raped woman or girl forced to carry a child but I only want that terminated in very early stages before there's a heartbeat or felt pain. Same for the health of the mother. But terminating a child because of irresponsible behavior or because it's a burden and be willing to do so up to the point of birth is in my opinion murder.

The difference between you and me is you say you disagree with the practice, but you aren't willing to condemn someone for doing it. So if you're in charge the baby still gets aborted because you aren't willing to take a stand. That's essentially approving the practice. Saying you disagree isn't politicizing anything. If you believe it's wrong that's a moral stand and nothing more. But you aren't willing to take a stand.

Your view that God loves you no matter what, will save you no matter what, means essentially there's really no eternal punishment for anything. That's the point of Christianity, to make a better world by turning away from sin. But you refuse to accept that something is condemned by God. You just say that's the teachings of man, not Jesus. Moral relativism. If it feels good, do it. I've pointed this out before. Things aren't considered sin because God is mean and wants to control everything. Acts considered sinful in the Bible hurt you, hurt others, hurt society in general. We would have a much better world if everyone strove to the best of their ability to live the Christian life. We aren't perfect and will always sin. But striving not to means a lot less sin. A lot less murder, theft, abortion, greed, adultery, drug abuse, broken homes, broken lives. As long as we have a not my place to tell others we must live the Christian life, just love God, we'll never fulfill our responsibilities as Christians.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's a milquetoast response. I condemn the practice of abortion and find it abhorrent that someone would murder their child. I am willing to compromise to a point. I don't want to see a raped woman or girl forced to carry a child but I only want that terminated in very early stages before there's a heartbeat or felt pain. Same for the health of the mother. But terminating a child because of irresponsible behavior or because it's a burden and be willing to do so up to the point of birth is in my opinion murder.

The difference between you and me is you say you disagree with the practice, but you aren't willing to condemn someone for doing it. So if you're in charge the baby still gets aborted because you aren't willing to take a stand. That's essentially approving the practice. Saying you disagree isn't politicizing anything. If you believe it's wrong that's a moral stand and nothing more. But you aren't willing to take a stand.

Your view that God loves you no matter what, will save you no matter what, means essentially there's really no eternal punishment for anything. That's the point of Christianity, to make a better world by turning away from sin. But you refuse to accept that something is condemned by God. You just say that's the teachings of man, not Jesus. Moral relativism. If it feels good, do it. I've pointed this out before. Things aren't considered sin because God is mean and wants to control everything. Acts considered sinful in the Bible hurt you, hurt others, hurt society in general. We would have a much better world if everyone strove to the best of their ability to live the Christian life. We aren't perfect and will always sin. But striving not to means a lot less sin. A lot less murder, theft, abortion, greed, adultery, drug abuse, broken homes, broken lives. As long as we have a not my place to tell others we must live the Christian life, just love God, we'll never fulfill our responsibilities as Christians.
The Bible is clear that God did not send Jesus into the world to condemn the world but to save the world.

You pick a different position and choose to believe that you are free and responsible to condemn others. I don’t agree with your position on this matter but I affirm your right to your opinion.

Do you love humanity?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.