Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, I try to follow to the best of my ability. If I do wrong I ask for forgiveness. You don't seem to believe you sin.
You claim it’s is your ability. The Bible teaches that it is Christ working in and though us, His ability not yours.

It also teaches forgiveness once for all.

I know you pick other verses and choose to believe differently, that’s fine. I know we both do.

I believe I miss the mark (sin) of God perfect love of Him and my neighbors. Don’t know where you ever got that idea that I don’t seem to believe I sin.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'm sorry but when you reject the Bible because it contains things you don't agree with it makes you wrong. He may be totally sincere that he has a direct connection to God and doesn't necessarily need the Bible but as you pointed out there is little out there beyond the Bible about Jesus. A Christian without the New Testament is absolutely as you said about not having the owner's manual.

"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes."

Judges 21:25
Is @Integrity proselytizing, or simply communicating his beliefs? Is he seeking followers?

Each of us is on a journey. Those of us fortunate enough to recognize the roadmap gifted to us in Scripture, should not judge, but pray for the salvation of all.

26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matt 19:26

vantexan

You claim it’s is your ability. The Bible teaches that it is Christ working in and though us, His ability not yours.

It also teaches forgiveness once for all.

I know you pick other verses and choose to believe differently, that’s fine. I know we both do.

I believe I miss the mark (sin) of God perfect love of Him and my neighbors. Don’t know where you ever got that idea that I don’t seem to believe I sin.
We are free moral agents. Christ, the Holy Spirit, God the Father do not directly control us. We are free to make choices but we must make the right choices. If we don't we must seek forgiveness. You don't become perfect when you become a Christian. If you believe you don't sin you've accepted a false premise.

vantexan

Is @Integrity proselytizing, or simply communicating his beliefs? Is he seeking followers?

Each of us is on a journey. Those of us fortunate enough to recognize the roadmap gifted to us in Scripture, should not judge, but pray for the salvation of all.

26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matt 19:26
He's flat out telling us we're wrong to believe it is necessary to come to God through the Bible. That we don't need the Bible. The Bible is the inspired word of God. To believe it isn't is imo to deny Christ. He may like the Bible, draw some inspiration from it, but it's not necessary to become a Christian by following its precepts according to him.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We are free moral agents. Christ, the Holy Spirit, God the Father do not directly control us. We are free to make choices but we must make the right choices. If we don't we must seek forgiveness. You don't become perfect when you become a Christian. If you believe you don't sin you've accepted a false premise.
The Bible teaches that we become perfectly righteous and perfectly forgiven in and through Christ’s all sufficient work on cross, His perfect life, and His resurrection. I will not boast, except boast of Christ in me.

I know you pick other verses and choose to believe differently. That’s fine by me.

God is good.

Integrity

Binge Poster
He's flat out telling us we're wrong to believe it is necessary to come to God through the Bible. That we don't need the Bible. The Bible is the inspired word of God. To believe it isn't is imo to deny Christ. He may like the Bible, draw some inspiration from it, but it's not necessary to become a Christian by following its precepts according to him.
I don’t tell other’s they are wrong for their beliefs. I simply share my beliefs based upon God’s leading and direction in my life, my experience, my strength, and my hope.

Seems like you are actually doing what you are accusing me of doing.

That’s fine. God’s will be done not mine.

vantexan

The Bible teaches that we become perfectly righteous and perfectly forgiven in and through Christ’s all sufficient work on cross, His perfect life, and His resurrection. I will not boast, except boast of Christ in me.

I know you pick other verses and choose to believe differently. That’s fine by me.

God is good.
The Bible teaches our past sins are washed away when we accept Jesus and are baptized. It also teaches going forward that we can still lose our soul by backsliding into sin. The Apostle Paul said he brought himself under subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. You choose to refuse to heed the warnings of a chosen Apostle and think it all unnecessary. That's your choice. I hope you've made the right choice.

vantexan

I don’t tell other’s they are wrong for their beliefs. I simply share my beliefs based upon God’s leading and direction in my life, my experience, my strength, and my hope.

Seems like you are actually doing what you are accusing me of doing.

That’s fine. God’s will be done not mine.
You tell us you don't believe it's necessary to accept Biblical teaching because as you've said it's just the writings of men. If I believe it is necessary then one of us is wrong. Since you've made it clear that you believe being gay is acceptable and aborting babies isn't worthy of you taking a stand against it, that women have every right to be in Church leadership, and that there's nothing that can cause you to lose your soul, I think I will stick with the Bible. You do you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Bible teaches our past sins are washed away when we accept Jesus and are baptized. It also teaches going forward that we can still lose our soul by backsliding into sin. The Apostle Paul said he brought himself under subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. You choose to refuse to heed the warnings of a chosen Apostle and think it all unnecessary. That's your choice. I hope you've made the right choice.
You pick certain portions of scripture and choose to believe them according to the interpretation of your choice.

I do the same as you so no worries.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You tell us you don't believe it's necessary to accept Biblical teaching because as you've said it's just the writings of men. If I believe it is necessary then one of us is wrong. Since you've made it clear that you believe being gay is acceptable and aborting babies isn't worthy of you taking a stand against it, that women have every right to be in Church leadership, and that there's nothing that can cause you to lose your soul, I think I will stick with the Bible. You do you.
You pick and choose to believe your perspective of the Bible and I pick and choose mine. We both do the same thing.

What is important and necessary for you can’t be different for me? One of us has to be wrong?

vantexan

You pick certain portions of scripture and choose to believe them according to the interpretation of your choice.

I do the same as you so no worries.
Please tell me which scriptures I am refusing to believe? Which ones am I excluding? If you don't look at it in its totality you are missing critical information.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Please tell me which scriptures I am refusing to believe? Which ones am I excluding? If you don't look at it in its totality you are missing critical information.
The scriptures that support the beliefs that I have shared that you have refused to believe as I have believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.