Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Have you ever experienced complete, unconditional, infinite love for all of creation without hint of malice or condemnation in your own person towards anything in all of creation?
Have you ever experienced complete, unconditional, infinite love for all of creation without hint of malice or condemnation in your own person towards anything in all of creation?
Again? This statement is such blow.
Why are you accusing me of malice and condemnation? Which comment hurt your feelings?

vantexan

My experiences is that God draws individuals in many different ways through the operation of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes he even uses the Bible, but not always.
You said you believe there are miracles today. Yet you continue to dodge my simple question on why the sick and handicapped aren't being healed if one has the ability to perform miracles? Seems we'd draw billions to Christ by performing miracles today.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You said you believe there are miracles today. Yet you continue to dodge my simple question on why the sick and handicapped aren't being healed if one has the ability to perform miracles? Seems we'd draw billions to Christ by performing miracles today.
Some modern healings happen no?

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's because you have no idea what the scriptures teach. And, when it's pointed out, you reject its plain teaching.
We see it differently, not a unique situation. If having different interpretations of the meaning is rejecting then you reject as much as I reject, that is clear.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We see it differently, not a unique situation. If having different interpretations of the meaning is rejecting then you reject as much as I reject, that is clear.
Not even different interpretations. you flat out reject the authority of the scriptures. Especially, ones you don't like.

vantexan

Some modern healings happen no?
Where people laid hands on them and they got up out of their bed totally healthy? No. If you want to call praying for healing and people recovered a miracle that's fine but that's not a miracle we're talking about. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. He turned water into wine. Fed the multitude with some bread and fish. Caused the blind to see. Healed leprosy. Walked on water. Cast out demons.

Miracles performed by Jesus and his Apostles were immediate actions. If one had that power today he would be able to empty hospitals.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Where people laid hands on them and they got up out of their bed totally healthy? No. If you want to call praying for healing and people recovered a miracle that's fine but that's not a miracle we're talking about. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. He turned water into wine. Fed the multitude with some bread and fish. Caused the blind to see. Healed leprosy. Walked on water. Cast out demons.

Miracles performed by Jesus and his Apostles were immediate actions. If one had that power today he would be able to empty hospitals.
Perhaps.

FromOffTheStreets

Explain how He draws by his sovereign will. Please.
Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

John 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Romans 9:15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

Virtually everyone In the Bible was sovereignly chosen by God. Plucked out from humanity to do his will. Noah, Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, David, Mary, the 12, Paul. Even Jonah who tried to go against his will was subdued.

Status
Not open for further replies.