Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Okay, so you don't believe in the Holy Spirit, in Jesus establishing His Church, and that the laying of hands is scriptural.
Do you even read my comments?
Please point to the comment where I don't believe in the Holy Spirit. lol
Matt.16:18 is where Jesus predicted he would build his church. Acts 2 is the fulfillment and beginning.
You can lay hands on anyone all day, but it won't do anything. Only the Apostles hands could make things happen. (Acts 8:18)

oldngray

nowhere special
Matt.16:18 is where Jesus predicted he would build his church. Acts 2 is the fulfillment and beginning.
You can lay hands on anyone all day, but it won't do anything. Only the Apostles hands could make things happen. (Acts 8:18)
The sign gifts were for the Apostles.

BrownFlush

The sign gifts were for the Apostles.
The ability to do that was given in Acts 2 when only they received the baptism of the Holy Spirit just as Jesus told them they would. Only the Apostles could impart a gift to someone else.This was done as they seen what was needed.
So, when the last person died that an Apostle laid his hands on, the ability to do the miraculous ended as Paul explains in 1 Corinthians.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying if I wasn't there then I don't know exactly what happened and might consider something miraculous whether it was a miracle or not. I'm not going to assume that I have the power to dismiss anything and everything just because I have never personally experienced what others have.
People throw the word miracle around all the time.
"I just seen the birth of my first kid! It was a miracle!"
What's written gives you the power to dismiss. Believe it or don't.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You keep your Holy Spirit two dimensional, on the pages of a book. You fear experiencing Him unleashed, because doing so would totally disrupt your world. And you can’t lose control, you exhibit that trait repeatedly in your posts.

You’re missing the joy of a personal relationship with God in control, because you believe you’re comfortable with your status quo.

FromOffTheStreets

So you're not a Calvinist , but you'll go with the P in the TULIP.
From your comments, I think you have some TULI in you also.

I believe in the preservation of the saints. I believe that God's children are kept, preserved, and finally saved, by the power of God. But the difference between me and you (who believe in the impossibility of apostasy) is the answer to this question: are God's children kept, preserved, and eventually saved, by God's power, conditionally or unconditionally?
If a faithful child cannot cease to be faithful. If it's impossible for a believer to cease to be a believer and be guilty of the sin of unbelief. Then why in the world are there so many passages that warn against it? You want to hear them?

Does Peter's scripture contradict Jesus?
Again, one of the sheep cannot lose their salvation. God himself said that noone can take them out of my hand. You can take that up with God if you'd like. He knows who the sheep are, you dont..I don't. Judas was a goat & Jesus always knew this, the disciples did not.

The reason you need people to lose their Salvation is because you want to be in control of your salvation. You don't need a diety to do all the work, you got it. Humbling yourself is recognizing that you don't have it& need him to carry you through.

fishtm2001

Again, one of the sheep cannot lose their salvation. God himself said that noone can take them out of my hand. You can take that up with God if you'd like. He knows who the sheep are, you dont..I don't. Judas was a goat & Jesus always knew this, the disciples did not.

The reason you need people to lose their Salvation is because you want to be in control of your salvation. You don't need a diety to do all the work, you got it. Humbling yourself is recognizing that you don't have it& need him to carry you through.
Darwin's natural selection is a better explanation of our world than the existence of a supernatural being.

vantexan

Darwin's natural selection is a better explanation of our world than the existence of a supernatural being.
I know this won't be popular, but I'm leaning towards a superior civilization visited Earth and set things in motion. There are too many interactive systems in a human body to believe imo that it isn't intelligent design. I think that the Bible has clues about this such as "chariots of fire" and talking about the sons of God mating with the daughters of men and producing the Nephilim. I see the story of Noah and the flood and it's very similar to the Epic of Gilgamesh, a Sumerian mythological hero. Abraham happened to live in the Sumerian city of Ur. There's strong evidence that the Mediterranean broke through a narrow land bridge near what is now Istanbul and flooded a huge area, leaving what is now the Black Sea. Everyone wants everything to make sense to them, presented in a nice package they can wrap their minds around. I think we've only scratched the surface of our past. I also believe that Jesus Christ is the best thing that ever happened to mankind but as @Fred's Myth pointed out, there's much we don't know today because the early Catholic Church gathered together all the available writings and decided which would be allowed into what we call the Bible. I do know this though, every civilization where they started allowing open sexual behavior, especially homosexuality, they fell into an abyss of immoral decadence and decay. How the defenders of such behavior can push this as ok when we see what goes on at gay pride parades, at shows aimed at children, the placing of literature depicting graphic sex acts in school libraries, is beyond me. This is a free country but there used to be standards to abide by. Keep your sexual activity behind closed doors. Insisting that they be allowed to act out in public is a sure sign that our society is collapsing. Not talking about being prudish. Talking about our focus as a culture should be on aspiring to a better society as free of crime and decadence as possible. Where people feel safe to pursue their dreams. Anyone suggesting that God is ok with the moral rot around us, that God told them directly, is a false prophet. Yeah, I don't know what the true nature of God is. Primitive man may have seen a superior civilization visiting us as gods. But I do know the writings of the New Testament described a man sent to us from God to show us a better way. That man, God in the flesh, never promoted a society of lascivious behavior. OK, rip into me if you will, but I hope I gave someone something to think about.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I know this won't be popular, but I'm leaning towards a superior civilization visited Earth and set things in motion. There are too many interactive systems in a human body to believe imo that it isn't intelligent design. I think that the Bible has clues about this such as "chariots of fire" and talking about the sons of God mating with the daughters of men and producing the Nephilim. I see the story of Noah and the flood and it's very similar to the Epic of Gilgamesh, a Sumerian mythological hero. Abraham happened to live in the Sumerian city of Ur. There's strong evidence that the Mediterranean broke through a narrow land bridge near what is now Istanbul and flooded a huge area, leaving what is now the Black Sea. Everyone wants everything to make sense to them, presented in a nice package they can wrap their minds around. I think we've only scratched the surface of our past. I also believe that Jesus Christ is the best thing that ever happened to mankind but as @Fred's Myth pointed out, there's much we don't know today because the early Catholic Church gathered together all the available writings and decided which would be allowed into what we call the Bible. I do know this though, every civilization where they started allowing open sexual behavior, especially homosexuality, they fell into an abyss of immoral decadence and decay. How the defenders of such behavior can push this as ok when we see what goes on at gay pride parades, at shows aimed at children, the placing of literature depicting graphic sex acts in school libraries, is beyond me. This is a free country but there used to be standards to abide by. Keep your sexual activity behind closed doors. Insisting that they be allowed to act out in public is a sure sign that our society is collapsing. Not talking about being prudish. Talking about our focus as a culture should be on aspiring to a better society as free of crime and decadence as possible. Where people feel safe to pursue their dreams. Anyone suggesting that God is ok with the moral rot around us, that God told them directly, is a false prophet. Yeah, I don't know what the true nature of God is. Primitive man may have seen a superior civilization visiting us as gods. But I do know the writings of the New Testament described a man sent to us from God to show us a better way. That man, God in the flesh, never promoted a society of lascivious behavior. OK, rip into me if you will, but I hope I gave someone something to think about.
IMG_5402.jpeg
IMG_5401.jpeg

BrownFlush

Again, one of the sheep cannot lose their salvation.
Again..
Does Peter's scripture contradict Jesus?
Just maybe your verse isn't teaching what you claim.

Here Calvin :"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
The key word in this passage is "pluck," and it means, "to seize" or "snatch" (Vine). No one can seize or snatch a disciple from the Lord any more than they can force him into becoming a disciple. Obedience and disobedience are voluntary actions (Rom. 6:16).
The grace of the Lord provides adequate protection to all who seek it, and no outside power can destroy this security. However, a person can voluntarily disobey just as he can voluntarily obey. This is why we are warned: "Take heed brethren, lest haply there shall be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God" (Heb. 3:t2).
This passage was addressed to "brethren" who could have fallen away, but Calvinist claim they cannot fall away. What a great difference there is between calvinist doctrine and the doctrine of Christ! You can take that up with God if you'd like.:rolleyes:
Maybe you better.
He knows who the sheep are, you dont..I don't.
Sure you can. The Bible teaches plainly how you can know we are his children are. Romans 8:16
The reason you need people to lose their Salvation
Sounds like you have something here to out work ,also. I need people to lose their salvation?
because you want to be in control of your salvation.
So the Bible teaches that individuals have no control or choice in their Salvation? Gotta verse Calvin?
You don't need a diety to do all the work, you got it.
Deity has done all their work. My salvation is conditional on me responding to what they have done. I do have it. I have faith God will do what he promised.
Humbling yourself is recognizing that you don't have it& need him to carry you through.
Humbling oneself is submitting to his will in simple obedience so to be found in Christ, where all spiritual blessings are, which includes the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1

Last edited:

BrownFlush

You keep your Holy Spirit two dimensional, on the pages of a book.
Two dimensional?lol
Pages of a book? Sounds almost as heretical as integrity. The pages in that "a book" are the only ones I know of that reveal the mind of God by His Holy Spirit. I don't know. I'd be careful there.
You fear experiencing Him unleashed,
Can you give me a passage in the "a book" where "unleashing" the Holy Spirit is done? Command, example, or inference? I'd be glad to "unleash" if you could show where the snap on his collar is.
I have nothing to fear if it's from God. I fear made up emotionalism though, that goes beyond what's written.
because doing so would totally disrupt your world. And you can’t lose control,
"Whole lotta shakin'goin' on"!!! Can you give me the text where the Holy Spirit causes one to "lose control"
you exhibit that trait repeatedly in your posts.
I hope so.
I'm controlled by the Holy Spirit through his instruction.
You’re missing the joy of a personal relationship with God in control,
My relationship with God is a joy that's inexpressible and beyond measure because God is in control.
because you believe you’re comfortable with your status quo.
After seeing your post, I'm anything but the status quo.
I don't think comfortable is the word. Confident is more like. I'm confident in what I believe is the truth. I'm also confident in what you believe is not found in the scripture.

rickyb

i think theres a relationship between people overwhelmingly not practicing religion properly and people overwhelmingly voting corrupt politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.