Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

Get lost. You have no credibility, and no one cares what you think.
i dont know how people get trapped in the matrix of religious corruption; maybe they dont want to break from what their parents raised them on.

or maybe they are only afraid of dying and are selfish. so its not about sacrifice to change the world.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You sound like A doubting Thomas - a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience
You sound like a false teacher that's leading people to Hell.

Can you go for some scripture? You know, instead of me? Do you have the ability to debate/discuss what a passage actually teaches?

vantexan

you can be wrong and lie. and you can be wrong and be honest. im not talking about you, in your case you are quite often lying which is satanic.
Yep, if I point out you're wrong I'm lying. If I ask you to prove your statement and all you can come up with is Chris Hedges says then I'm the one who's lying because I point out you haven't proven anything. If you're going to advocate for something you should be able to provide facts.

rickyb

You sound like a false teacher that's leading people to Hell.

Can you go for some scripture? You know, instead of me? Do you have the ability to debate/discuss what a passage actually teaches?
im a believer. my personal experience is we protested israel and our govt called for a ceasefire breaking from israel first time ever at the UN.

rickyb

Yep, if I point out you're wrong I'm lying. If I ask you to prove your statement and all you can come up with is Chris Hedges says then I'm the one who's lying because I point out you haven't proven anything. If you're going to advocate for something you should be able to provide facts.
im not saying you are always lying, but you do lie alot and its heretical.

i have a list of people i can quote to prove statements, but sometimes it takes more time than i am willing to invest. i have repeatedly given you links to articles. if you dont believe it, then thats your choice.

for example i told you trump was going to be bad for the economy and he was - union rates didnt go up much.

FromOffTheStreets

However, a person can voluntarily disobey just as he can voluntarily obey. This is why we are warned: "Take heed brethren, lest haply there shall be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God" (Heb. 3:t2).
This passage was addressed to "brethren" who could have fallen away, but Calvinist claim they cannot fall away. What a great difference there is between calvinist doctrine and the doctrine of Christ! You can take that up with God if you'd like.:rolleyes:
Maybe you better.
I agree in the "obeying", I'm not a "God chose you so do whatever you want hyper-calvinist".

The Hebrews passage your using is warning about falling back into the levitical system away from the living God, Jesus Christ. It's going back to the O.T., which used to be how God operated.

Well we don't know if any of them fell back into it so your point is mute.

vantexan

im not saying you are always lying, but you do lie alot and its heretical.

i have a list of people i can quote to prove statements, but sometimes it takes more time than i am willing to invest. i have repeatedly given you links to articles. if you dont believe it, then thats your choice.

for example i told you trump was going to be bad for the economy and he was - union rates didnt go up much.
No, you almost always say so and so says. You rarely back up anything and when you do it's from a liberal outfit that is saying something demonstrably untrue. And there you go. Trump had a very strong economy his first three years. But you're so anti Trump you won't admit it. That's dishonest.

BrownFlush

I agree in the "obeying", I'm not a "God chose you so do whatever you want hyper-calvinist".

The Hebrews passage your using is warning about falling back into the levitical system away from the living God, Jesus Christ. It's going back to the O.T., which used to be how God operated.

Well we don't know if any of them fell back into it so your point is mute.
Doesn't matter what one would "fall back into". The point is Hebrew Christians like any christians have the possibility of falling and they are being warned. Doesn't matter if you know if any fell, if it wasn't possible, there would be no warning.
Is Peter's point mute?
You've avoided that one.

FromOffTheStreets

Doesn't matter what one would "fall back into". The point is Hebrew Christians like any christians have the possibility of falling and they are being warned. Doesn't matter if you know if any fell, if it wasn't possible, there would be no warning.
Is Peter's point mute?
You've avoided that one.
I've already responded that Peter was expounding on the wolf in sheep's clothing (Matt 7:15) a few posts ago. They are/we're always false prophets. They are not sheep

BrownFlush

Response?

BrownFlush

I've already responded that Peter was expounding on the wolf in sheep's clothing (Matt 7:15) a few posts ago. They are/we're always false prophets. They were not sheep.
If they had escaped the pollutions of the world through Jesus Christ but they get "tangled up again"...what does that mean? It appears they were definitely sheep.

FromOffTheStreets

So the Bible teaches that individuals have no control or choice in their Salvation?
They have the responsibility to believe, repent, confess & do what he commands.

The sheep will do this & will not be taken out of his hand.

The goats will seem to do some of it.

The wolves will blaze their own paths.

BrownFlush

They have the responsibility to believe, repent, confess & do what he commands.
So salvation is conditional but remaining faithful isn't.
Why then does Jesus encourage Christians to "remain" faithful and he would give them a crown of life in Rev.2:10?
If while under persecution , they would deny Christ, seem that might define unfaithful. Thus, no crown of life.It only goes to the faithful according to Jesus.

rickyb

No, you almost always say so and so says. You rarely back up anything and when you do it's from a liberal outfit that is saying something demonstrably untrue. And there you go. Trump had a very strong economy his first three years. But you're so anti Trump you won't admit it. That's dishonest.
no the union rate didnt go up under trump. he was average on free trade.

FromOffTheStreets

There are warnings throughout scripture on many things.
I try to stay in the middle portion of the free will vs determinism debate. So from the middle vs a calvinist friend I asked why the devil would mess with the sheep at all, why would God even allow it knowing they would never join the unbelievers.

The purpose is to refine the flock. Confrontation breeds strength which leads to sanctification.

So why would a warning be needed? Because that confrontation would be coming. Judaizers would be coming for them to test their allegiance.

Some of them would hold fast like the disciples in John 6:67. & others would go away like in john 6:66(fitting chapter & verse #'s there)

rickyb

So? The president doesn't control that. Why do you think he does? We had an excellent economy until the pandemic hit.
buddy of course the president can affect union rates. for example, the president can simply say communism is great join the membership and the union rate will go up because thats what happened in the 1930s america. instead trump was likely anti communist. did trump ever encourage people to join unions?

no the economy was more of the same and under the pandemic it went into recession

vantexan

buddy of course the president can affect union rates. for example, the president can simply say communism is great join the membership and the union rate will go up because thats what happened in the 1930s america. instead trump was likely anti communist. did trump ever encourage people to join unions?

no the economy was more of the same and under the pandemic it went into recession
Which president said communism is great? And no, on every metric Trump's first three years were better than the previous 8 years.

rickyb

Which president said communism is great? And no, on every metric Trump's first three years were better than the previous 8 years.
when i search Economic policy institute trump unions the first 2 articles are predictably bad reviews of trumps economic record regarding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.