Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1703945937977.png

rickyb

So your hope is that everything crashes, millions get thrown out of work, but you hang onto your job and are sitting pretty? Good plan.

It's very possible that we are near a major deflationary event. Those of us with fixed incomes watching our purchasing power erode over the last couple of years will get some relief but it's going to be very tough times for a lot of people.
jesus is monitoring your lies

yes did you notice last couple of years standard of living has dropped considerably in america?

vantexan

jesus is monitoring your lies

yes did you notice last couple of years standard of living has dropped considerably in america?
I repeated essentially what you said and you call me a liar? And where have you been? The government's policies the last three years has led to a decline in the standard of living. Everybody is aware of it here.

rickyb

I repeated essentially what you said and you call me a liar? And where have you been? The government's policies the last three years has led to a decline in the standard of living. Everybody is aware of it here.
thats not what i said.

great so you acknowledge standards of living change depending on a variety of factors including wages going up or down.

vantexan

thats not what i said.

great so you acknowledge standards of living change depending on a variety of factors including wages going up or down.
And you refuse to admit that in a worst case scenario like the Great Depression that the standard of living doesn't increase.

rickyb

And you refuse to admit that in a worst case scenario like the Great Depression that the standard of living doesn't increase.
well alot of people were unemployed but prices fell faster than wages which supports the real wage increasing for 150 years argument. yea i agree it was a bad time.

vantexan

well alot of people were unemployed but prices fell faster than wages which supports the real wage increasing for 150 years argument. yea i agree it was a bad time.
They didn't fall because of a good thing. Wages weren't increasing for those who had jobs. So to say standards of living increased is wrong. The economy couldn't get much worse so it wasn't like people were living it up.

rickyb

They didn't fall because of a good thing. Wages weren't increasing for those who had jobs. So to say standards of living increased is wrong. The economy couldn't get much worse so it wasn't like people were living it up.
they couldve had prices increasing faster than wages. does that sound better?

im not saying they were living it up.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
You're not going to believe this..but..but..I knew this verse was a comin'! 8-) But, I think you're in too deep to see it.
Your refusal to see the false teachers Peter was writing about were once Christians and then turned back to the world is disheartening.
"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turnaway from the holy commandment handed on to them. It has happened to them according to the trueproverb, “A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”
To return to something, you have to leave it. They left the ways of the world, became Christians, and became unfaithful Christians because they returned to the sinful life of the world. They became false teachers and prophets because who better to speak lies about being Christianity than one who knew it but left for the pleasures of the world? Disheartening other Christians to leave the Lord, everybody knows it's not what they said.:raspberry-tounge:

This is why I'm not a calvinist
I hate to tell you, but you're a calvinist, Calvin. Because calvinism is a system (speaking of systems) that is constructed so that if you admit one of the TULIP's the rest of the doctrines of calvinism are necessary conclusions.
So, God has predestinated some to everlasting life and others to everlasting death. Also, with this position you assert that this foreordination to life or to death is conditioned upon God's sovereign will, not upon anything which He saw in man as to whether or not man would act to accept the riches of God's grace or not.
"We call predestination God's eternal decree, by which he determined with himself what he willed to become of each man. For all are not created in equal condition; rather, eternal life is foreordained for some, eternal damnation for others." -John Calvin
Think, Calvin. Think.
That would make the death of Jesus Christ limited in its scope. It would be only for those whom God predestinated to salvation. Last time I looked, Christ died for all.The atonement of Jesus Christ would not be universal in its scope.
Jesus died only for the elect? Somewhere , I thought we were supposed to make "our" election sure.
So, God's eternal plan of man's salvation/redempton (remember this, it's coming with your Ephesian verse) never intended to save all men? Wowza!
And who God elected for salvation cannot ever fall from grace? Once God has saved them, they are saved forever? More connection, Calvin.
I think about babies who never committed sin and who are not "elected" and are Hell bound. Got that Adam sin deal, don't you know. Seems unjust. Last I looked, God is a just God.
Think Calvin, If one is "elected" no matter what he does, he's going to heaven. An infant or a young child, not "elected", yet unaccountable/not responsible for any sin, hell bound. There is no justice in any of this and nothing in scripture close to teaching this.

Ephesians 1:4 .. Predestinated defined. The word "predestinated" means to "mark out beforehand, to determine before, fore-ordain"(Vine) The ASV "having foreordained us."
There is no denying it teaches that God marked out our salvation beforehand. But I gotta ask, do the scriptures teach the predestination is conditional or unconditional?
Think about this, I know it's tough when you're locked into something but, did God select certain individuals or did he select salvation in Christ (a plan of redemption before the world was made) and ALL IN HIM ARE CHOSEN?
That would make the plan conditional and the same (just) for everyone. Receiving salvation (being chosen or elected) is conditional upon our obedience to the gospel.
"And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all( not a chosen few) who obey Him "(Heb. 5:9).
"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city" (Rev. 22:14). According to you, Calvin it wouldn't matter if I;m not one of the "elect"
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven" (Matt. 7:21). Jesus says that if I doo his will, I'm in. Nothing about being "elected"

The selection is not particular individuals, but choosing those who are obedient to his will/his eternal plan he predetermined before he made the world, will be saved. God foreordained that all those who voluntarily choose to walk by faith in Christ shall be added to his family by adoption. There can be no doubt, God willed in his love that those in Christ should be his sons with the full benefit of inheritance.

"God foreordained the provisions of salvation, the characters that should be saved, and the conditions and tests by which they would be saved. He left every man free to choose or reject the terms and provisions of salvation and in so doing to refuse to form the character God has foreordained to be his children and so predestined to everlasting life" - Lipscomb

Think about a man predestinating (marking out beforehand) a secretary. His choosing is not unconditional nor is it a "marking out" of a particular individual. Before he hires anyone he marks out the qualifications. She must be a whiz on the computer, have some knowledge of his type of business, two years of college, phone skills, etc. She must meet these conditions.
Did he predestinate Sally?. No, he did not arbitrarily choose Sally. But he chose the qualities of the person who he would hire. Sally met the requirements, he hired her.
That's how it works with God's eternal plan.​

rickyb

You're not going to believe this..but..but..I knew this verse was a comin'! 8-) But, I think you're in too deep to see it.
Your refusal to see the false teachers Peter was writing about were once Christians and then turned back to the world is disheartening.
"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turnaway from the holy commandment handed on to them. It has happened to them according to the trueproverb, “A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”
To return to something, you have to leave it. They left the ways of the world, became Christians, and became unfaithful Christians because they returned to the sinful life of the world. They became false teachers and prophets because who better to speak lies about being Christianity than one who knew it but left for the pleasures of the world? Disheartening other Christians to leave the Lord, everybody knows it's not what they said.:raspberry-tounge:

I hate to tell you, but you're a calvinist, Calvin. Because calvinism is a system (speaking of systems) that is constructed so that if you admit one of the TULIP's the rest of the doctrines of calvinism are necessary conclusions.
So, God has predestinated some to everlasting life and others to everlasting death. Also, with this position you assert that this foreordination to life or to death is conditioned upon God's sovereign will, not upon anything which He saw in man as to whether or not man would act to accept the riches of God's grace or not.
"We call predestination God's eternal decree, by which he determined with himself what he willed to become of each man. For all are not created in equal condition; rather, eternal life is foreordained for some, eternal damnation for others." -John Calvin
Think, Calvin. Think.
That would make the death of Jesus Christ limited in its scope. It would be only for those whom God predestinated to salvation. Last time I looked, Christ died for all.The atonement of Jesus Christ would not be universal in its scope.
Jesus died only for the elect? Somewhere , I thought we were supposed to make "our" election sure.
So, God's eternal plan of man's salvation/redempton (remember this, it's coming with your Ephesian verse) never intended to save all men? Wowza!
And who God elected for salvation cannot ever fall from grace? Once God has saved them, they are saved forever? More connection, Calvin.
I think about babies who never committed sin and who are not "elected" and are Hell bound. Got that Adam sin deal, don't you know. Seems unjust. Last I looked, God is a just God.
Think Calvin, If one is "elected" no matter what he does, he's going to heaven. An infant or a young child, not "elected", yet unaccountable/not responsible for any sin, hell bound. There is no justice in any of this and nothing in scripture close to teaching this.

Ephesians 1:4 .. Predestinated defined. The word "predestinated" means to "mark out beforehand, to determine before, fore-ordain"(Vine) The ASV "having foreordained us."
There is no denying it teaches that God marked out our salvation beforehand. But I gotta ask, do the scriptures teach the predestination is conditional or unconditional?
Think about this, I know it's tough when you're locked into something but, did God select certain individuals or did he select salvation in Christ (a plan of redemption before the world was made) and ALL IN HIM ARE CHOSEN?
That would make the plan conditional and the same (just) for everyone. Receiving salvation (being chosen or elected) is conditional upon our obedience to the gospel.
"And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all( not a chosen few) who obey Him "(Heb. 5:9).
"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city" (Rev. 22:14). According to you, Calvin it wouldn't matter if I;m not one of the "elect"
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven" (Matt. 7:21). Jesus says that if I doo his will, I'm in. Nothing about being "elected"

The selection is not particular individuals, but choosing those who are obedient to his will/his eternal plan he predetermined before he made the world, will be saved. God foreordained that all those who voluntarily choose to walk by faith in Christ shall be added to his family by adoption. There can be no doubt, God willed in his love that those in Christ should be his sons with the full benefit of inheritance.

"God foreordained the provisions of salvation, the characters that should be saved, and the conditions and tests by which they would be saved. He left every man free to choose or reject the terms and provisions of salvation and in so doing to refuse to form the character God has foreordained to be his children and so predestined to everlasting life" - Lipscomb

Think about a man predestinating (marking out beforehand) a secretary. His choosing is not unconditional nor is it a "marking out" of a particular individual. Before he hires anyone he marks out the qualifications. She must be a whiz on the computer, have some knowledge of his type of business, two years of college, phone skills, etc. She must meet these conditions.
Did he predestinate Sally?. No, he did not arbitrarily choose Sally. But he chose the qualities of the person who he would hire. Sally met the requirements, he hired her.
That's how it works with God's eternal plan.​
dude you can measure how much of a christian you are by how much political bumper stickers you have

vantexan

they couldve had prices increasing faster than wages. does that sound better?

im not saying they were living it up.
Wages weren't increasing and a lot of people were helping the unemployed. That didn't increase their standard of living.

Status
Not open for further replies.