Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
Uh-huh. And if not them you'd have shopped around until you found the most amazing scholars who share your misgivings.
Probably yeah, but I didn’t have to, thankfully the truth is on my side. Here is the Bible study video once again just in case you would like to be just a tad bit better informed about your book.

El Correcto

god is dead
You are treating this video about the Bible like a job application in the ghetto.
I guess you people literally just stuff your fingers in your ears and shout LALALA I’m not listening! anytime the truth is shown to you.

Probably why you’re still a Christian.

vantexan

You are treating this video about the Bible like a job application in the ghetto.
I guess you people literally just stuff your fingers in your ears and shout LALALA I’m not listening! anytime the truth is shown to you.

Probably why you’re still a Christian.
When did you show us the truth? You posted a video and claim it's true. I'm not interested in watching after everything you've said in the past.

And you are religious. You worship the creature, not the Creator.

El Correcto

god is dead
When did you show us the truth? You posted a video and claim it's true. I'm not interested in watching after everything you've said in the past.

You mean the past of you going thread to thread mocking me for being gay and me responding to you?

El Correcto

god is dead

It took me maybe ten hours of listening to expert opinions and watching the debates to learn more about the Bible than you have in your entire life. The information era is a wonderful thing if you would just quit burying your head in the sand.

rickyb

1708103557013.png

vantexan

It took me maybe ten hours of listening to expert opinions and watching the debates to learn more about the Bible than you have in your entire life. The information era is a wonderful thing if you would just quit burying your head in the sand.
I've studied the Bible, listened to ministers, even attended a Christian college in my 62 years. And you know what? It's a never ending learning process. But you do you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I would.
What do you think about people who "claim" God "told" them to kill someone? The claim of direct communication is no different than what you claim.
I disagree.
What do you think about people who "claim" God "told" them to kill someone?
I would not judge them but the thought that I would have would be to wonder how they view this to be in line with the teachings of Jesus, as they understand them.

What do you think about people who might “claim” or have “claimed” God “told” them to kill someone?
The claim of direct communication is no different than what you claim.
I have never claimed anything similar or like what you have described here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Absolute lie.
You claim now that the Holy Spirit of God does not and has not spoken to you?
Absolute lie.
False witness.
You claim now that the Holy Spirit of God does not and has not spoken to you?
What? Of course He has. I believe He speaks to everyone.

I said I never made any claims that He has spoken to me in the manner you described.

Again I ask:

What do you think about people who might “claim” or have “claimed” God “told” them to kill someone?

You won’t.

vantexan

I don’t believe just based on how you treat integrity’s faith. You’re ignorant.
Integrity has told me repeatedly that the writers of the New Testament were just fallible men who weren't being guided by the Holy.Spirit whenever they wrote something he didn't agree with. So he's set himself up as the one who has it right, not Christ's chosen Apostles. When one advocates for abortion, homosexuality, women leaders in the Church, allowing sexual material in school libraries, and believes the Apostles are wrong if they disagree with all that, then it doesn't matter if he believes he's a Christian or not. He's not practicing Christianity.

rickyb

You've got the cart before the horse. I mocked your being gay after you constantly attacked Christianity.
christianity is about standing with the oppressed so its hard to reconcile that with homosexuality. but christianity has been twisted since hte 3rd century i recall.

rickyb

Integrity has told me repeatedly that the writers of the New Testament were just fallible men who weren't being guided by the Holy.Spirit whenever they wrote something he didn't agree with. So he's set himself up as the one who has it right, not Christ's chosen Apostles. When one advocates for abortion, homosexuality, women leaders in the Church, allowing sexual material in school libraries, and believes the Apostles are wrong if they disagree with all that, then it doesn't matter if he believes he's a Christian or not. He's not practicing Christianity.
they were just fallible men.

Status
Not open for further replies.