Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

if you are bad and you are religious, do not tell people you are religious, you will give your religion a bad name.

El Correcto

god is dead
See it your way.

I don’t hold to this theory.
Well the Bible asks followers to self mutilate their body parts if it causes them to sin because hell would be so much worse.
Tells them to fear hell repeatedly.
Lets you know on judgement day that you will be held accountable for not believing and living in sin when Jesus comes back with his angels and zombie army to murder all the infidels, casting them into a lake of fire and sulfur.

rickyb

you can see how going to some churches every week doesnt translate into anything by the lack of bumper stickers and prevalence of nihilism on the back of people's cars.

vantexan

every one says jesus was not a capitalist

chris hedges says christianity is about standing with the oppressed. are capitalist employees oppressed? very much so. so dont defend it.
Capitalist employees are not necessarily oppressed. And the Bible makes clear about how people should treat each other. Any boss that is abusing his employees physically, mentally, emotionally will answer for it. But just giving someone a job and requiring they abide by the rules of the company isn't abuse. Employees have responsibilities too. You've told us how you wouldn't work when the boss wasn't around. That's cheating the company that paid your way. Jesus wouldn't approve of that either so before you make blanket statements about others with no other knowledge about how they conduct themselves you better look at yourself.

vantexan

Well the Bible asks followers to self mutilate their body parts if it causes them to sin because hell would be so much worse.
Tells them to fear hell repeatedly.
Lets you know on judgement day that you will be held accountable for not believing and living in sin when Jesus comes back with his angels and zombie army to murder all the infidels, casting them into a lake of fire and sulfur.
No it doesn't. If you are referring to Paul saying that he buffeted his body and brought it under subjection lest while preaching to others he himself would be a castaway, he was speaking figuratively.

rickyb

Capitalist employees are not necessarily oppressed. And the Bible makes clear about how people should treat each other. Any boss that is abusing his employees physically, mentally, emotionally will answer for it. But just giving someone a job and requiring they abide by the rules of the company isn't abuse. Employees have responsibilities too. You've told us how you wouldn't work when the boss wasn't around. That's cheating the company that paid your way. Jesus wouldn't approve of that either so before you make blanket statements about others with no other knowledge about how they conduct themselves you better look at yourself.
not necessarily but usually oppressed, i agree.

i dont think jesus would approve of employers profiting off of employees. it ties in with chris hedges definition of heresy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Except where verses describing his actions don't jibe with the image you have in your mind of how Jesus is supposed to act.
I’m not a talking about stories written about him in a book.

I am talking about someone who is actually real and is actually alive.

vantexan

not necessarily but usually oppressed, i agree.

i dont think jesus would approve of employers profiting off of employees. it ties in with chris hedges definition of heresy.
Employees get jobs. That's the tradeoff. You consider a boss telling you what to do on the job as abuse. Most people don't see it that way.

vantexan

I’m not a talking about stories written about him in a book.

I am talking about someone who is actually real and is actually alive.
You're saying Jesus is a 2000+ year old man? In the flesh? We wouldn't know about Jesus without the inspired writings in the Bible.

El Correcto

god is dead
No it doesn't. If you are referring to Paul saying that he buffeted his body and brought it under subjection lest while preaching to others he himself would be a castaway, he was speaking figuratively.
No I’m talking about the multiple times, tells people to cut off hands or gouge out their eyes lol.
If your hand causes you to sin cut it off, better to be a cripple than in hell with two hands.
If your right eye causes you to stumble gouge it out, better that than hell.

El Correcto

god is dead
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Divorce​

31 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Christians like to overlook how radical and unhinged Jesus was and how evil the idea of judgement day and hell actually is. It’s an apocalypse cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.