Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

No I’m talking about the multiple times, tells people to cut off hands or gouge out their eyes lol.
If your hand causes you to sin cut it off, better to be a cripple than in hell with two hands.
If your right eye causes you to stumble gouge it out, better that than hell.
You're also talking about the Old Testament Law of Moses, for the Children of Israel. Christians are under the New Testament.

rickyb

Employees get jobs. That's the tradeoff. You consider a boss telling you what to do on the job as abuse. Most people don't see it that way.
thats not what i just said and jesus is monitoring your lies.

most people agree work sucks. many people dont understand why.

jobs are not dependent on workers renting themselves every hour as employees. cooperatives have workers owning their jobs and creating their jobs.

vantexan

thats not what i just said and jesus is monitoring your lies.

most people agree work sucks. many people dont understand why.

jobs are not dependent on workers renting themselves every hour as employees. cooperatives have workers owning their jobs and creating their jobs.
And yet cooperatives haven't swept the business world. And from your many posts over the years you absolutely consider a boss telling you what to do abuse.

rickyb

And yet cooperatives haven't swept the business world. And from your many posts over the years you absolutely consider a boss telling you what to do abuse.
i just told you i did not. and now you are lying again. jesus is monitoring you.

yes humans first of all think they know everything. so capitalism is not even that old. if it was so great it wouldve taken over thousands of years ago right?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
what youve done to the least of these (oppressed workers under capitalism) you've done to me.
I don't know what God's preference for governing a society is. From scripture, I think he would probably prefer a Monarchy.
If so, a King who is after God's heart.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't know what God's preference for governing a society is. From scripture, I think he would probably prefer a Monarchy.
I think he’d prefer if we just worshipped him and followed the book. He didn’t seem to happy about the people wanting Saul.

El Correcto

god is dead
You're also talking about the Old Testament Law of Moses, for the Children of Israel. Christians are under the New Testament.
Oh so the sermon on the mount is now Old Testament and what Jesus told his followers there isn’t what you are supposed to listen to?

No jesus told people to maim themselves to prevent sin.

rickyb

god is symbolic. its undefinable.

obvious the christian path would be do unto others as you would do unto you. this would minimize satanic treatment of people. so thats a democracy, since the alternative would be power corrupting.

BrownFlush

Well the Bible asks followers to self mutilate their body parts if it causes them to sin because hell would be so much worse.
Tells them to fear hell repeatedly.
Lets you know on judgement day that you will be held accountable for not believing and living in sin when Jesus comes back with his angels and zombie army to murder all the infidels, casting them into a lake of fire and sulfur.

No I’m talking about the multiple times, tells people to cut off hands or gouge out their eyes lol.
If your hand causes you to sin cut it off, better to be a cripple than in hell with two hands.
If your right eye causes you to stumble gouge it out, better that than hell.

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Jesus' words are not to be taken literal.
Men have always tried to blame sin on everything and anything but their own choices. Some were blaming the physical parts of the body and not the inner man of the heart.
He was simply teaching, if it is your hand that causes you to sin , cut it off. If it's your eyes that causes you to sin , gouge them out. No one took him up on it then and no one would today because the problem is, we all know, not those physical parts of the body.
The problem is and always has been the heart of a man. Put the blame of sin where it belongs. On yourself. That is the only way it can be taken care of.

Hope this helps Google Bible Scholar.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

god is symbolic. its undefinable.

obvious the christian path would be do unto others as you would do unto you. this would minimize satanic treatment of people. so thats a democracy, since the alternative would be power corrupting.
You're a lost ball in high weeds.

vantexan

i just told you i did not. and now you are lying again. jesus is monitoring you.

yes humans first of all think they know everything. so capitalism is not even that old. if it was so great it wouldve taken over thousands of years ago right?
There weren't systems in place thousands of years ago. Capitalism developed as markets became much more efficient.

El Correcto

god is dead
Name the verses.
It’s the sermon on the mount, one of the big hooray Jesus moments in the New Testament, I already posted it.
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.29 If your right eye causes you to stumble,gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

rickyb

Jesus' words are not to be taken literal.
Men have always tried to blame sin on everything and anything but their own choices. Some were blaming the physical parts of the body and not the inner man of the heart.
He was simply teaching, if it is your hand that causes you to sin , cut it off. If it's your eyes that causes you to sin , gouge them out. No one took him up on it then and no one would today because the problem is, we all know, not those physical parts of the body.
The problem is and always has been the heart of a man. Put the blame of sin where it belongs. On yourself. That is the only way it can be taken care of.

Hope this helps Google Bible Scholar.
you mean....its a metaphor

noooo

Status
Not open for further replies.