Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
Jesus' words are not to be taken literal.
Men have always tried to blame sin on everything and anything but their own choices. Some were blaming the physical parts of the body and not the inner man of the heart.
He was simply teaching, if it is your hand that causes you to sin , cut it off. If it's your eyes that causes you to sin , gouge them out. No one took him up on it then and no one would today because the problem is, we all know, not those physical parts of the body.
The problem is and always has been the heart of a man. Put the blame of sin where it belongs. On yourself. That is the only way it can be taken care of.

Hope this helps Google Bible Scholar.
oh okay so now what the Bible says isn’t to be taken literally according to the guy that believes in Noah’s ark, Adam and Eve, 200+ year old people, young earth creationism, etc.

rickyb

There will be nothing physical in the spirit/soul world.
The body decays. Turns to dust.
At the resurrection (1 Cor.15) we all get new bodies. Eternal ones.
resurrection is simply when you do good and then someone else does the same act in your memory. life after death.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
oh okay so now what the Bible says isn’t to be taken literally according to the guy that believes in Noah’s ark, Adam and Eve, 200+ year old people, young earth creationism, etc.
Like I said..
You know nothing about the scriptures or how to apply the authority of scripture.
Not all scripture is to be taken literal. Jesus said he was a door in a passage.
But, then again, I never went to the Google School of Divinity like you.

El Correcto

god is dead
Like I said..
You know nothing about the scriptures or how to apply the authority of scripture.
Not all scripture is to be taken literal. Jesus said he was door in a passage.
But, then again, I never went to the Google School of Divinity like you.
You never went to any school as far as I can tell professor.

El Correcto

god is dead
There will be nothing physical in the spirit/soul world.
The body decays. Turns to dust.
At the resurrection (1 Cor.15) we all get new bodies. Eternal ones.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Sucks that you won’t be getting your eternal body professor, see you in hell.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Sucks that you won’t be getting your eternal body professor, see you in hell.
So Hell is a physical place with physical bodies?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're saying Jesus is a 2000+ year old man? In the flesh? We wouldn't know about Jesus without the inspired writings in the Bible.
You're saying Jesus is a 2000+ year old man?
I don’t know his age, do you, timeless maybe.
In the flesh?
I don’t know. He is hidden from our sight. I think it is possible:
We wouldn't know about Jesus without the inspired writings in the Bible.
You can’t know Him personally simply by reading a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.