Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cherry picker
IMG_5489.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead
Check out Jonathan Safarti. His books is where I started my studies of Creation vs. Evolution years ago. The argument isn't against the occurrence of evolution per se, it's more of the way it's taught to try and answer the beginning of everything. Of course the biggest hurdle for evolution eventually gets around to the actual beginning. There is no answer to that because no one knows for sure. Abiogenesis may be the most probable in scientific theory but still is not even close to being able to show the ties to evolution and how it evolves to the universe of we have today.
Same holds true for a creation theory too. There's no way to prove it. We all have a faith that their way is the correct which is why people will still be having the same disagreements long after we're dead and gone.
Johnathan Safarti is a legit nut job and he is poisoning your brain.

El Correcto

god is dead
Believes humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time and that genesis is historical.
He is off by about 60-70 million years and no a flood doesn’t make up for that large error.

vantexan

at the job you follow orders from a boss aka forced
What job allows you to do what you like without someone giving orders? Don't tell me the co-ops do because even if they're the most democratic in the world they'd still come up with requirements you must follow to do your job right. What you're wanting is good pay and benefits with little effort.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What job allows you to do what you like without someone giving orders? Don't tell me the co-ops do because even if they're the most democratic in the world they'd still come up with requirements you must follow to do your job right. What you're wanting is good pay and benefits with little effort.
He’s just lazy

vantexan

Believes humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time and that genesis is historical.
He is off by about 60-70 million years and no a flood doesn’t make up for that large error.
The difference between you and me is you don't want to understand where the writers of the Old Testament are coming from. You just dismiss it all as made up fantasy and lies. Take the story of Noah. You would dismiss it out of hand. Someone like Brownflush may believe that two of every creature showed up at the Ark. Perhaps there's an underlying historical event that is the basis for the story. A lot of evidence suggests that the narrow isthmus separating what is now Turkey and Greece broke through spilling the Mediterranean into what is now the Black Sea. The Sumerians had a myth known as the Epic of Gilgamesh. He dealt with a huge flood. The father of the Hebrew nation, Abraham, lived in the Sumerian city of Ur. Noah's flood has a lot in common with the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Certainly the archeological record rules out men and dinosaurs living at the same time, minus today's crocodiles and alligators. Also if you look at mankind around the world every group had/has its mythology and origin stories. Every Native American tribe had its own origin story. Why did the mythology of the Hebrews catch on? Imo it was due to they were one of the first groups with a written language. And Jesus came from the Hebrews/Jews. Two aspects of the Old Testament are very important to Christians. His lineage and prophesies of the Messiah. Beyond that we're completely under the New Testament, not the Old. The Old Testament has homosexuals, for example, put to death. Under the New Testament we are to recognize that we all sin, must try not to, and warn others who are caught up in sin that they're endangering their soul. They are free to reject or accept that. But we aren't to harm them. The state has an obligation to enforce laws, including, if the state requires it, taking someone's life as punishment for murdering others. But we as Christians must not murder. So I may know that you're a homosexual but beyond insisting that your sex life should be kept private if you aren't willing to stop, I would face punishment myself if I harmed you over it. As much as you hate Christianity I hope you realize that this country used to be much more Christian and our basis of do no harm has led to an opening up of society that allows you to be openly gay without fear of harm. You may disagree but when you have a gay pride parade you aren't seeing Christians rioting over it. We believe ultimately we'll all be judged by the lives we live(some don't) and it's up to God. I realize that the fact that we believe homosexuality is a sin(some don't) infuriates you but the Bible lists quite a few sins. We're all dealing with our own lives. Where homosexuality is concerned what I don't want to see are books in school libraries depicting sex acts, straight or gay. And I don't want to see open displays of sexual behavior, gay or straight, as is often exhibited in gay pride parades. Two grown adults are free to do as they please behind closed doors. But if you're going to stick your finger in the eye of Christians publicly expect pushback. Thanks for reading.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I hear ya.

Personally I never saw either as a sin in my youth. Still don’t actually.

Seems more in line with the teachings of the Pharisees than of Jesus.
Yeah.
Like homosexuality, God also changed his mind about fornication. I think it happened during the sexual revolution of the sixties but, I'm not sure. Could you ask him what year it was exactly?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yeah.
Like homosexuality, God also changed his mind about fornication. I think it happened during the sexual revolution of the sixties but, I'm not sure. Could you ask him what year it was exactly?
I would say He probably never changed His mind. Mankind probably was and has been misunderstanding this all along.

rickyb

The difference between you and me is you don't want to understand where the writers of the Old Testament are coming from. You just dismiss it all as made up fantasy and lies. Take the story of Noah. You would dismiss it out of hand. Someone like Brownflush may believe that two of every creature showed up at the Ark. Perhaps there's an underlying historical event that is the basis for the story. A lot of evidence suggests that the narrow isthmus separating what is now Turkey and Greece broke through spilling the Mediterranean into what is now the Black Sea. The Sumerians had a myth known as the Epic of Gilgamesh. He dealt with a huge flood. The father of the Hebrew nation, Abraham, lived in the Sumerian city of Ur. Noah's flood has a lot in common with the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Certainly the archeological record rules out men and dinosaurs living at the same time, minus today's crocodiles and alligators. Also if you look at mankind around the world every group had/has its mythology and origin stories. Every Native American tribe had its own origin story. Why did the mythology of the Hebrews catch on? Imo it was due to they were one of the first groups with a written language. And Jesus came from the Hebrews/Jews. Two aspects of the Old Testament are very important to Christians. His lineage and prophesies of the Messiah. Beyond that we're completely under the New Testament, not the Old. The Old Testament has homosexuals, for example, put to death. Under the New Testament we are to recognize that we all sin, must try not to, and warn others who are caught up in sin that they're endangering their soul. They are free to reject or accept that. But we aren't to harm them. The state has an obligation to enforce laws, including, if the state requires it, taking someone's life as punishment for murdering others. But we as Christians must not murder. So I may know that you're a homosexual but beyond insisting that your sex life should be kept private if you aren't willing to stop, I would face punishment myself if I harmed you over it. As much as you hate Christianity I hope you realize that this country used to be much more Christian and our basis of do no harm has led to an opening up of society that allows you to be openly gay without fear of harm. You may disagree but when you have a gay pride parade you aren't seeing Christians rioting over it. We believe ultimately we'll all be judged by the lives we live(some don't) and it's up to God. I realize that the fact that we believe homosexuality is a sin(some don't) infuriates you but the Bible lists quite a few sins. We're all dealing with our own lives. Where homosexuality is concerned what I don't want to see are books in school libraries depicting sex acts, straight or gay. And I don't want to see open displays of sexual behavior, gay or straight, as is often exhibited in gay pride parades. Two grown adults are free to do as they please behind closed doors. But if you're going to stick your finger in the eye of Christians publicly expect pushback. Thanks for reading.
why is descriptions of violence better than sex?

rickyb

coops

1 worker 1 vote.

not 1 share 1 vote.

big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.