Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

But you've been arguing it's evil to have employees. So how do they buy in?
1709079665661.png

rickyb

No, I'm saying prepubescent children which could be up to 13 for most children. And high schools shouldn't have such material either. Can you please explain the educational benefit of showing a teenage boy perform oral sex on another boy? Or on a girl? I don't want them looking at images of people being shot or stabbed to death either. Do you believe there's merit to having children exposed to such material?
i dont think we can use the MPAA as an example here of whats acceptable or not.

so you are in favor of text descriptions of sex and violence but not photos in books?

vantexan

View attachment 472598
So if the employees don't have enough money to buy a multibillion dollar company, or even million dollar company, then employees they shall remain. You still haven't explained how a guy who starts a business and wants to hire an employee is evil for hiring employees instead of bringing in a co-owner.

Last edited:

vantexan

I would say He probably never changed His mind. Mankind probably was and has been misunderstanding this all along.
So God changed his mind on fornication? We've been misunderstanding it all along? Doesn't matter what the Bible says, just make it up as you go?

FromOffTheStreets

i know its not perfect equality. democracy is imperfect system anyways and theres varying levels of democracy.

the big one is spain the executives only make 12x the lowest paid worker.
I don't like the wage disparities either & I think many more conservative minded people are moving in that direction.
I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of "correction" at the top but there would HAVE to be a correction at the bottom as well. Massive pay at the top and no work at the bottom are our major issues. Selfishness is what causes both issues, "ITS ALL ABOUT ME." Honesty that & the lack of humility are what cause just about every issue in our world today.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So God changed his mind on fornication? We've been misunderstanding it all along? Doesn't matter what the Bible says, just make it up as you go?
So God changed his mind on fornication?
Probably not.
We've been misunderstanding it all along?
Probably.
Doesn't matter what the Bible says,
No it doesn’t.
just make it up as you go?
No.

rickyb

I don't like the wage disparities either & I think many more conservative minded people are moving in that direction.
I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of "correction" at the top but there would HAVE to be a correction at the bottom as well. Massive pay at the top and no work at the bottom are our major issues. Selfishness is what causes both issues, "ITS ALL ABOUT ME." Honesty that & the lack of humility are what cause just about every issue in our world today.
I respect that.

Power is the problem. we have spiritual blackout

rickyb

So if the employees don't have enough money to buy a multibillion dollar company, or even million dollar company, then employees they shall remain. You still haven't explained how a guy who starts a business and wants to hire an employee is evil for hiring employees instead of bringing in a co-owner.
I already did. power corrupts and jesus wouldnt approve. maybe a loan, go ask richard wolff, stop lying. are you a christian or wat?

FromOffTheStreets

I respect that.

Power is the problem. we have spiritual blackout
Power is a problem to a point. But it's not just power at the top. Teenagers empower themselves to run over a bicycle rider in their vehicle & video it. Poorer looters steal everything in sight & burn down people's businesses. An athlete makes a routine tackle & acts like they're the best player the world has ever seen. A middle class person gets cut off on the way to work & takes revenge. A dad beats up a referee & his 8 year old game because of a bad call.
When there is no JUDGE on the other end, we become our own gods & create own own paths.
God on the other end will subdue individuals and create some form of humility & respect within a person.
We took God out of our society and empowered the individual. It happened to coincide with radio, music, television & sports rising & creating other things to worship.

rickyb

Power is a problem to a point. But it's not just power at the top. Teenagers empower themselves to run over a bicycle rider in their vehicle & video it. Poorer looters steal everything in sight & burn down people's businesses. An athlete makes a routine tackle & acts like they're the best player the world has ever seen. A middle class person gets cut off on the way to work & takes revenge. A dad beats up a referee & his 8 year old game because of a bad call.
When there is no JUDGE on the other end, we become our own gods & create own own paths.
God on the other end will subdue individuals and create some form of humility & respect within a person.
We took God out of our society and empowered the individual. It happened to coincide with radio, music, television & sports rising & creating other things to worship.
worshipping celebrity culture and money

i think george lucas said we havent been telling important stories for a few generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.