Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

And you'd still have to do the work. The majority isn't going to vote to give you an easy time while they do the work.
thats right, we'd all be co-owners. equal power. jesus would approve.

what we currently have under capitalism is the latter. its not always like that, sometimes owners work hard. but sometimes they dont and just profit off their ownership and workers.

FromOffTheStreets

what we currently have under capitalism is the latter. its not always like that, sometimes owners work hard. but sometimes they dont and just profit off their ownership and workers.
I have a good friend who got into a 20ish person plumbing company & eventually fanangled the company into a worker owned business (buying off the owner.) They went around town buying up all of the smaller plumbing electrical & hvac companies and grew into a very large business.
I don't know all of the intricacies of how it all operates financially but I do know that there are still the big dogs setting in an office collecting 6 figures & they still have the lower wage hourlies busting it out in the field.
It might be a little better but don't think it's as great as you think it is.

vantexan

so should descriptions of violence and torture be omitted from public libraries as well?
We're talking school libraries. Try answering your own question. Should children be exposed to graphic pics of violence or the aftermath of violence? And are you trying to make an argument for allowing prepubescent children to view graphic sex acts?

rickyb

I have a good friend who got into a 20ish person plumbing company & eventually fanangled the company into a worker owned business (buying off the owner.) They went around town buying up all of the smaller plumbing electrical & hvac companies and grew into a very large business.
I don't know all of the intricacies of how it all operates financially but I do know that there are still the big dogs setting in an office collecting 6 figures & they still have the lower wage hourlies busting it out in the field.
It might be a little better but don't think it's as great as you think it is.
i know its not perfect equality. democracy is imperfect system anyways and theres varying levels of democracy.

the big one is spain the executives only make 12x the lowest paid worker.

rickyb

We're talking school libraries. Try answering your own question. Should children be exposed to graphic pics of violence or the aftermath of violence? And are you trying to make an argument for allowing prepubescent children to view graphic sex acts?
when i was in school we were taught the books lord of the flies, animal farm, and 1984.

1984 has torture and sex in it and alcohol, animal farm has violence and same for LOTF. this was for age 11 to 17.

vantexan

Most entrepreneurs start out as single owners or partnerships. They put in their money and work really hard to make their business successful. Eventually they may need to hire employees. In your scenario they would bring on someone who has a say in everything and shares in all the rewards of the business success. And based on what you've said before that person arriving late to the company should work minimal hours and have a lot of time off. It's an incredibly unrealistic view of how the world works vs how you think it should work.

vantexan

when i was in school we were taught the books lord of the flies, animal farm, and 1984.

1984 has torture and sex in it and alcohol, animal farm has violence and same for LOTF. this was for age 11 to 17.
We had those books too but I don't recall 11 yr olds being required to read them. And you're talking about descriptions in novels. I've been talking about books found across the country in school libraries that show sex acts in pictures. Sheesh, why is my stance that prepubescent children shouldn't be exposed to such things even controversial?

rickyb

We had those books too but I don't recall 11 yr olds being required to read them. And you're talking about descriptions in novels. I've been talking about books found across the country in school libraries that show sex acts in pictures. Sheesh, why is my stance that prepubescent children shouldn't be exposed to such things even controversial?
you keep changing your complaint and thats okay.

initially you said sex in school libraries.

now youre saying pics of sex in school libraries below 11 years old. yea youre probably right.

now what about violence for less than 11 years old?

rickyb

Most entrepreneurs start out as single owners or partnerships. They put in their money and work really hard to make their business successful. Eventually they may need to hire employees. In your scenario they would bring on someone who has a say in everything and shares in all the rewards of the business success. And based on what you've said before that person arriving late to the company should work minimal hours and have a lot of time off. It's an incredibly unrealistic view of how the world works vs how you think it should work.
thats not what i said

obviously if htey bring anyone on, the person would have to buy in.

vantexan

thats not what i said

obviously if htey bring anyone on, the person would have to buy in.
You've never once said they should buy in. So tell me, if the owner.put in $50k or more, should the new co-owner have to do so also? Is that how they're doing it in Italy and Spain? How does someone with no money to invest get a job?

rickyb

You've never once said they should buy in. So tell me, if the owner.put in $50k or more, should the new co-owner have to do so also? Is that how they're doing it in Italy and Spain? How does someone with no money to invest get a job?
if they didnt buy in they wouldnt be a co-owner now would they?

you should look up richard wolff IF you want to be an honest christian

IF you dont want to be a christian, then keep asking me, because i forget.

vantexan

you keep changing your complaint and thats okay.

initially you said sex in school libraries.

now youre saying pics of sex in school libraries below 11 years old. yea youre probably right.

now what about violence for less than 11 years old?
No, I'm saying prepubescent children which could be up to 13 for most children. And high schools shouldn't have such material either. Can you please explain the educational benefit of showing a teenage boy perform oral sex on another boy? Or on a girl? I don't want them looking at images of people being shot or stabbed to death either. Do you believe there's merit to having children exposed to such material?

vantexan

if they didnt buy in they wouldnt be a co-owner now would they?

you should look up richard wolff IF you want to be an honest christian

IF you dont want to be a christian, then keep asking me, because i forget.
But you've been arguing it's evil to have employees. So how do they buy in?

Status
Not open for further replies.