Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

Clearly you haven’t been reading my posts.

Religion was not the driving force for anything of those things and in some cases goes against those things.

Ancient Greece never became Christian, Rome fell shortly after and Christianity, not homosexuality, was partly responsible.
How ancient is ancient? Christianity was established in A.D. 33 in Jerusalem. It spread from there. I never said homosexuality was responsible for the fall of Rome but it was the moral decadence of Rome that lead to its downfall. And those universities were all Christian universities at one time. Our system of laws came out of Christianity.

El Correcto

god is dead
How ancient is ancient? Christianity was established in A.D. 33 in Jerusalem. It spread from there. I never said homosexuality was responsible for the fall of Rome but it was the moral decadence of Rome that lead to its downfall. And those universities were all Christian universities at one time. Our system of laws came out of Christianity.
Im talking about the Greece not conquered by the Romans, the Greece that was not Christian, but very much considered the cradle of western civilization. It was really the great philosophers not religion that stood the test of time and are still studied to this day starting with philosophy 101 Plato’s Socrates, sometimes they’ll cover the pre-socratics briefly.

That is the importance of non-Christian culture that influenced the Hellenistic Jews which led to Christianity.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Look around the evidence of creation is everywhere.
The battle isn't creation or evolution. The battle is the recognition and acceptance of God.
When a gene mutates it produces an alternative form of the structure or condition it produced before. When a gene for a wing form mutates it produces another wing form, and not an eye color. If we evolved from protozoa (one-celled organisms), where along the way did we get genes which produce bones, blood, and teeth, for protozoa do not have these?
As more and more work is done on how the DNA in every cell works in replication, that point becomes an even larger obstacle for the evolutionary explanation of all life forms being the results of mutations from a single-celled organism.
Beyond the problems that are evident to the honest searcher with mutations to account for all present varieties of life, there is a mathematical problem with the time necessary for the process as @El Correcto recognized. Let's give it 10 billion years and even at that, mathematical models have shown that even the time speculated would not provide enough time for the number of mutations which would have to be made to result in the present life forms even IF (never happened)we all started from a single-celled organism.

The faith it takes to be an evolutionist and not a creationist doesn't come close imo.
The evolutionist accepts his position by faith, yes, he has not observed life springing from non-living substance, nor an ape changing into a man. He believes that time (did someone say billions and billions of years?) and chance and environment can, and in fact have, produced the universe and all that it contains.
Forget the amount of faith to believe that but, it's also not the same type of faith. You accept evolution by faith, yes, but it's a blind faith. The creationist accepts a Creator by deduction and things seen,as well as scientific info, laws of nature, etc. It's not a blind theory. It's a faith that is observable.
"Evolution is a theory universally accepted, not because it can be proved to be true, but because the only alternative, `special creation,' is clearly impossible. - Watson (London University)
Again, it's not evolution. It's we cannot and must not say there is God.

vantexan

Im talking about the Greece not conquered by the Romans, the Greece that was not Christian, but very much considered the cradle of western civilization. It was really the great philosophers not religion that stood the test of time and are still studied to this day starting with philosophy 101 Plato’s Socrates, sometimes they’ll cover the pre-socratics briefly.

That is the importance of non-Christian culture that influenced the Hellenistic Jews which led to Christianity.
You said Ancient Greece wasn't Christian. Of course not, Christianity hadn't started yet. Of course ancient Greece had an influence. But you do realize that there was no mass communications, not even book printing? Those barbarous tribes weren't pacified by Greek philosophy. They became Christians. Ancient Greek philosophy went on to be studied and thus widely known in the great universities of Europe and eventually America. Those great Christian universities. Try as you might you can't cover up the fact that it was Christianity that was the great civilizing force that led to Western preeminence.

El Correcto

god is dead
You said Ancient Greece wasn't Christian. Of course not, Christianity hadn't started yet. Of course ancient Greece had an influence. But you do realize that there was no mass communications, not even book printing? Those barbarous tribes weren't pacified by Greek philosophy. They became Christians. Ancient Greek philosophy went on to be studied and thus widely known in the great universities of Europe and eventually America. Those great Christian universities. Try as you might you can't cover up the fact that it was Christianity that was the great civilizing force that led to Western preeminence.
Yeah because Europe is known for being pacifist, long history of peace over there with the “barbarians” rehabilitated by JESUS!

Lmao 🤡

rickyb

20240228_122925.jpg

Jamie dimon, george bush, obama, and satan eat a lot of frozen pizza

El Correcto

god is dead
Imagine what it would be like without Christianity. And characters like Hitler were anything but Christian.
Ah yes because German Christians loved their Jewish neighbors and fellow European neighbor until that freaking hitler jerk showed up and tricked them into being hateful murderous idiots!
1709154412480.jpeg

vantexan

Ah yes because German Christians loved their Jewish neighbors and fellow European neighbor until that freaking hitler jerk showed up and tricked them into being hateful murderous idiots!
View attachment 472712
I can say it until I'm blue in the face but it doesn't matter, just because someone calls themself a Christian doesn't mean they are practicing Christianity as laid out in the Bible. The New Testament makes that very clear. But don't listen to me, ask respected historians. Nothing influenced the development of Western civilization like Christianity. You're so blinded by hate you'll never admit it. As evidenced by every culture in history, Christian or not, once achieving prosperity they eventually fell apart from internal rot and decadence. Seems to be a human trait. What you're advocating for is open lascivious behavior. You may not realize it but nothing illustrates the decline of our country like the immorality that's becoming prevalent. The genie is out of the bottle and it's just a matter of time now.

rickyb

I can say it until I'm blue in the face but it doesn't matter, just because someone calls themself a Christian doesn't mean they are practicing Christianity as laid out in the Bible. The New Testament makes that very clear. But don't listen to me, ask respected historians. Nothing influenced the development of Western civilization like Christianity. You're so blinded by hate you'll never admit it. As evidenced by every culture in history, Christian or not, once achieving prosperity they eventually fell apart from internal rot and decadence. Seems to be a human trait. What you're advocating for is open lascivious behavior. You may not realize it but nothing illustrates the decline of our country like the immorality that's becoming prevalent. The genie is out of the bottle and it's just a matter of time now.
what immorality?

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah the father of Protestantism isn’t a real Christian, neither were the German churches teaching the blood libel and carving jew pig mothers into their churches for centuries.

You really depend on that no true Scotsman fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.