Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Why would Greeks and other Gentiles read Hebrew? Why would they be interested in the Torah? It's not like they could run to Barnes & Noble and buy a copy printed in Aramaic or Koine Greek. They read the letters copied and circulated among churches.
Same reason I am. Like I said..99% couldn't read, but they definitely had it read to them or quoted from someone inspired.
Think Cornelius knew anything about the OT?

Last edited:

BrownFlush

View attachment 473758
Don’t forget what the original point of this argument was, glad you circled back to it.
Dinosaurs and humans didn’t live on the planet at the same time.
"All" includes dinosaurs, Day 5 ....Day 6, Man.

And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Gen. 1: 20-26

The whole New Testament is filled with only the words of the apostles.
The OT is quoted in the NT all the time.

vantexan

Same reason I am. Like I said..99% couldn't read, but they definitely had it read to them or quoted from someone inspired.
Think Cornelius knew anything about the OT?
Cornelius was a Roman Centurion presented with the Gospel. Why would he know initially? The teaching of anything in the Old Testament to Gentiles would probably centered around the prophesies of a Messiah as well as the lineage of Jesus. It's highly unlikely that people in Greece, Italy, or what is now Turkey would have any understanding of Jewish theology before Christianity came to them and they learned over time. Nor would converts across Europe know anything beyond what priests told them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And dinosaur bones are found in strata dating back tens of millions of years.

I'm sure you're aware that the Americas used to have giant mammals like Africa does now. Why don't we now? Did you know a huge field full of large prehistoric mammals was discovered in Nebraska? All having died about the same time. Found with ash in their lungs and dated back 600,000 years ago. What happened then? The last eruption of the Yellowstone super volcano happened around 600,000 years ago. If it happened today life as we know it would end. A super volcano, called Toba, went off in what is now Indonesia 74,000 years ago. Using mitochondrial DNA it's been determined that there was a great reduction in the human population around that time. That eruption caused a 1000 year cool period that brought the worldwide human population down to an estimated 10,000 individuals. It's a theory, but based on an actual eruption and our own DNA that can be used to date mutations over time.
What’s your point? Lol

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you not see Helen Keller?
Some of the Bible is literal. Some of the Bible is figurative.
But, 100% of what is written in the 66 Books are from God.
Do you not see Helen Keller?
Yes
Some of the Bible is literal. Some of the Bible is figurative.
Who says that some of the Bible is literal and some of the Bible is figurative. You?
But, 100% of what is written in the 66 Books are from God.
Do you believe in that God actually wrote the Bible?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have spent half this evening telling you I believe it's mythology. But I know where you're coming from because I've spent a lifetime seeing people questioned by those who believe they are 100% right. Can share 98% of their beliefs but that other 2% will get you cast into hell because they are never wrong.
In a college course I took in 1994, the Genesis account was lumped into a text book containing several creation “myths” from different cultures.

El Correcto

god is dead
"All" includes dinosaurs, Day 5 ....Day 6, Man.

And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Gen. 1: 20-26
It is absurd you believe this literally and we will never have an honest conversation because you’re not an honest person. No honest person believes humans and dinosaurs were both alive on the planet at the same time.
The OT is quoted in the NT all the time.
I was talking about how like half of Paul’s contributions are believed to not be by him.
Some of the Bible is not the words of apostles. It falsely attributed to them.

BrownFlush

we will never have an honest conversation
Good.
I was talking about how like half of Paul’s contributions are believed to not be by him.
Some of the Bible is not the words of apostles. It falsely attributed to them.
None of the Bible are the writers own words.
Individual personalities under the influence of direct inspiration are seen in the writings.
Paul's "contribution" is Paul. Blindness prevented him from writing one or two of the letters. Someone else had the pen, but the "contribution" was the Holy Spirit of God through the Apostle Paul.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Since we're talking about Paul, in his discourse to unbelievers that in order to become Christians they had to believe in the Bible account of creation.
“And saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them” -Acts 14:15
Belief in creation and in God’s testimony about himself was/is necessary for salvation for those folks. Laying a foundation for the gospel.
I serve the true and living God who created the earth in six literal days as he stated himself in the book of Genesis 1 and 2.

That old Paul... what a liar.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Is Jesus a door?

You don't remember?
The Holy Spirit of God wrote the Bible.
Ask him. He'll tell YOU literally.
Is Jesus a door?
Is He?
You don't remember?
The Holy Spirit of God wrote the Bible.
Ask him.
Do you believe the Holy Spirit was simply the inspiration behind man’s writing or do you believe the Holy Spirit actually dictated the Bible word for word?
He'll tell YOU literally.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Since we're talking about Paul, in his discourse to unbelievers that in order to become Christians they had to believe in the Bible account of creation.
“And saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them” -Acts 14:15
Belief in creation and in God’s testimony about himself was/is necessary for salvation for those folks. Laying a foundation for the gospel.
I serve the true and living God who created the earth in six literal days as he stated himself in the book of Genesis 1 and 2.

That old Paul... what a liar.
Paul did have his imperfections and hang ups. His personal conflicts are pretty clear in some of his writings.

Status
Not open for further replies.