Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
Is Paul a liar?
I’m not sure the circumstances of him seeing Jesus or whatever, but did he actually? Nah.
“And saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them” -Acts 14:15
I never said I agreed with Paul, only that I liked and appreciated where he was coming from and writing.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I’m not sure the circumstances of him seeing Jesus or whatever, but did he actually? Nah.

I never said I agreed with Paul, only that I liked and appreciated where he was coming from and writing.
So not only did he lie about seeing Jesus, but through the direction and inspiration of the Holy Spirit, he lied, which actually would make God a liar, when he said God created the heavens and earth in Acts 14.

You're right...
we will never have an honest conversation

BrownFlush

Do you believe the Holy Spirit was simply the inspiration behind man’s writing or do you believe the Holy Spirit actually dictated the Bible word for word?
Again... ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God.. - 2 Timothy 3:16
Which part of all can I help you with?

El Correcto

god is dead
So not only did he lie about seeing Jesus, but through the direction and inspiration of the Holy Spirit, he lied, which actually would make God a liar, when he said God created the heavens and earth in Acts 14.

You're right...
I never called god a liar, just that your god doesn’t exist and the Bible is factually wrong.
But calling ancient peoples liars because of their religious beliefs would be a step too far.

Everyone was very uneducated and poor, they were living under a merciless empire, one of the more brutal in ancient history.

BrownFlush

I never called god a liar, just that your god doesn’t exist and the Bible is factually wrong.
But calling ancient peoples liars because of their religious beliefs would be a step too far.

Everyone was very uneducated and poor, they were living under a merciless empire, one of the more brutal in ancient history.
Is Paul a liar?

BrownFlush

1709660463511.png

BrownFlush

Jesus referred to the fairy tale.. “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female"-Matthew 19:5

Jesus also referred to that tall tale about the Ark and flood thing that didn't happen... "For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away,- Matthew 24:37-39

He even talked about that and wives tale about the guy living three days in some big fish, yeah sure.. ...'' an adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish,'' - Mathew 12:40

Jesus ...what a liar.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Jesus referred to the fairy tale.. “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female"-Matthew 19:5

Jesus also referred to that tall tale about the Ark and flood thing that didn't happen... "For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away,- Matthew 24:37-39

He even talked about that and wives tale about the guy living three days in some big fish, yeah sure.. ...'' an adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish,'' - Mathew 12:40

Jesus ...what a liar.
The way I see it, it would not make Jesus a liar by His referencing , fables, myths, parables, or allegories.

BrownFlush

The way I see it, it would not make Jesus a liar by His referencing , fables, myths, parables, or allegories.
The way you see it? Lol
He talked about you, too.
“ seeing they became blind “- John 6:39
When you see the truth and still refuse to accept it, you are blind.
Jesus is referring to things that never happened! Lol! What a fool you are.
Repent or perish.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That carbon dating has given us timelines well beyond 6000-8000 years. That there is so much more beyond what we're told in the Bible.
I never said I thought 6-8000 years was the timeline I believed in. I do believe testing is not infallible, though.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The way you see it? Lol
He talked about you, too.
“ seeing they became blind “- John 6:39
When you see the truth and still refuse to accept it, you are blind.
Jesus is referring to things that never happened! Lol! What a fool you are.
Repent or perish.
Oh yeah, Jesus never used parables.

I forgot that tidbit ,

BrownFlush

Oh yeah, Jesus never used parables.

I forgot that tidbit ,
So let me get this straight.. when Jesus quotes Moses and says “in the beginning ( Creation) when God made male and female ( humans not evolving out of pond scum) .. you’re saying that is what??

vantexan

So let me get this straight.. when Jesus quotes Moses and says “in the beginning ( Creation) when God made male and female ( humans not evolving out of pond scum) .. you’re saying that is what??
Actually he said "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." KJV but it doesn't appear the use of "in" is in any translation. So I don't believe he was talking about Creation specifically but was essentially saying they have been made male and female from the very start. Important to get it right, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.