Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Are you purposely that ignorant? I'll spell it out for you. Door is figurative in the passage. Figurative speech is used throughout scripture. Literal speak is used throughout scripture. But,(you have shown you don't the ability) you have to have enough sense to be able to discern/judge, know the difference.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you purposely that ignorant? I'll spell it out for you. Door is figurative in the passage. Figurative speech is used throughout scripture. Literal speak is used throughout scripture. But,(you have shown you don't the ability) you have to have enough sense to be able to discern/judge, know the difference.
So you decide when it is literal and when it is figurative, or do I decide? Who decides? Let me guess. You decide.

BrownFlush

Do you believe the Holy Spirit was simply the inspiration behind man’s writing or do you believe the Holy Spirit actually dictated the Bible word for word?
"as the Spirit gave them utterance." -Acts 2:4
"knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.'' - 2 Peter 1:20-21

El Correcto

god is dead
Good.

None of the Bible are the writers own words.
Individual personalities under the influence of direct inspiration are seen in the writings.
Paul's "contribution" is Paul. Blindness prevented him from writing one or two of the letters. Someone else had the pen, but the "contribution" was the Holy Spirit of God through the Apostle Paul.
It’s not one or two letters.
It’s half of his like fourteen.

I like Paul btw, enjoy his writings and his teachings. I think it’s cool early Christians accepted Paul and I think his perspective is a good one to use in your holy scriptures. Someone who persecuted people fiercely and then joined the people he persecuted.

Integrity

Binge Poster
"as the Spirit gave them utterance." -Acts 2:4
"knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.'' - 2 Peter 1:20-21
This does not answer what I asked you.

BrownFlush

It’s not one or two letters.
It’s half of his like fourteen.

I like Paul btw, enjoy his writings and his teachings. I think it’s cool early Christians accepted Paul and I think his perspective is a good one to use in your holy scriptures. Someone who persecuted people fiercely and then joined the people he persecuted.
Is Paul a liar?
“And saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them” -Acts 14:15

Status
Not open for further replies.