Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Actually he said "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." KJV but it doesn't appear the use of "in" is in any translation. So I don't believe he was talking about Creation specifically but was essentially saying they have been made male and female from the very start. Important to get it right, don't you think?
Actually he was talking about His plan for marriage he instituted "from the beginning" or in your words "from the start" One man and one woman for life.No divorce except for death and/or fornication.

Did he "make them" male and female "from the start?" Or did he wait until they evolved from pond scum into a male and female and then let them know his marriage law?

BrownFlush

BrownFlush

"but from the beginning it was not so; from the beginning of time, or of the creation, or of the world, or at the first institution of marriage, and in the first ages of the world, there was no such permission, nor any such practice" -Gill

vantexan

Actually he was talking about His plan for marriage he instituted "from the beginning" or in your words "from the start" One man and one woman for life.No divorce except for death and/or fornication.

Did he "make them" male and female "from the start?" Or did he wait until they evolved from pond scum into a male and female and then let them know his marriage law?
The point being is we shouldn't change words to better fit our narrative.

BrownFlush

The point being is we shouldn't change words to better fit our narrative.
Wellll, thank you for the correction. I just shot it from memory, never looked at one translation. There was no intent to "fit our narrative" One hundred hits from a wet noodle.

Can you fit this in some kind of narrative from some of the other comments?...

vantexan

Wellll, thank you for the correction. I just shot it from memory, never looked at one translation. There was no intent to "fit our narrative" One hundred hits from a wet noodle.

Nope, enjoying my evening, just wanted to right a great travesty of misquoting our Lord. Might lead people astray.

BrownFlush

Nope, enjoying my evening, just wanted to right a great travesty of misquoting our Lord. Might lead people astray.
I'd have to say you showing about as much spine as @Integrity is the great travesty.
No might to it. You're a true leader in leading people astray.
Enjoy your evening.smh

El Correcto

god is dead

Dinosaurs and human beings didn’t live on the planet at the same time.
I don’t care how much you derail the original point of the argument with Bible nonsense.

Can you please just read something other than the Bible for about 5 minutes and actually learn something.

BrownFlush

Dinosaurs and human beings didn’t live on the planet at the same time.
I don’t care how much you derail the original point of the argument with Bible nonsense.

Can you please just read something other than the Bible for about 5 minutes and actually learn something.
No derail , ElHomo. I'm gonna stick with my position.
All creatures that ever existed were created before day(a literal 24 hour day) six. On that day God made a man.
I'm gonna go with Scriptures that proves that dinosaurs and man existed on the earth at the same time.
I've read the scientific material probably as much as I have the scripture. It's hilarious to me the lengths men have gone to trying to convince us there is no God.

vantexan

No derail , ElHomo. I'm gonna stick with my position.
All creatures that ever existed were created before day(a literal 24 hour day) six. On that day God made a man.
I'm gonna go with Scriptures that proves that dinosaurs and man existed on the earth at the same time.
I've read the scientific material probably as much as I have the scripture. It's hilarious to me the lengths men have gone to trying to convince us there is no God.
I believe in God. Read the first chapter of Genesis.

El Correcto

god is dead
Scriptures don’t prove anything, in fact they are very much wrong and provably so.
It’s sad that you think dinosaurs not living at same times as humans is a satanic atheist plot against god.

You do realize you’re an insane person right?

vantexan

Does a thousand years have a morning and an evening?
You can't definitively say it's 7 24 hr days with God based on what Peter wrote. But a man with primitive technology might frame it that way to explain the world around him. If you're going to be that certain then why stop there? Should we follow Leviticus? Of course not. We're under the New Law. But you want to be legalistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.