Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

Was the Lord talking to individuals or countries in Matt. 25:42-43 ?
the most religious guy at my job was a muslim and he always gave me food btw (something which i cant remember any christian ever doing), and he always asked me stupid questions like "is there life after death?"

people who have a poor understanding of religion (his was semi poor) ask stupid questions.

another religious lady at my job asked me that and again, she has a poor understanding of religion.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
another religious lady at my job asked me that and again, she has a poor understanding of religion
You have no understanding of religion.
people who have a poor understanding of religion (his was semi poor) ask stupid questions.
Also people who have no understanding of religion never answer questions to learn anything.
who cares
I'd say the Lord does since He said it.
In the text He was talking about individual responsibility and the opportunities each of us had to do good in this life and what we did with those opportunities and with that He will judge where you will spend eternity.
The point.. He is not going to judge democrats all together, republicans all together , Americans, Canucks , Russians ,Chinese , blacks, whites....Judgement is individual not collective.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
In the text God was talking about individual responsibility and the opportunities each of us had to do good in this life and what we did with those opportunities and with that He will judge where you will spend eternity.
I thought you were a Christian ... now you are talking like a Jew.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
In the text He was talking about individual responsibility and the opportunities each of us had to do good in this life and what we did with those opportunities and with that He will judge where you will spend eternity.
The bolded text is a Jewish concept that was rejected by Jesus and the early Christians.
Jesus died on the cross to save the souls of those that accept him as his Savior.

It was revived from the Jewish Bible as a means for humans to control other humans.

BrownFlush

The bolded text is a Jewish concept that was rejected by Jesus and the early Christians.
Jesus died on the cross to save the souls of those that accept him as his Savior.

It was revived from the Jewish Bible as a means for humans to control other humans.
I'm just paraphrasing the text. Isn't he picturing the judgement day scene? How is he rejecting the very thing he says is going to happen?
Enlighten me...In the 24 books in the Jewish Bible where is this quote from Matthew.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm just paraphrasing the text. Isn't he picturing the judgement day scene? How is he rejecting the very thing he says is going to happen?
Enlighten me...In the 24 books in the Jewish Bible where is this quote from Matthew.
This is the actual text:

Matthew 25:42-43
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

New International Version (NIV)

BrownFlush

This is the actual text:

Matthew 25:42-43
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

New International Version (NIV)
OK..NIV..That stands for the Non Inspired Version..but lets go with it...You never answered . I don't see the rejection from the Lord and I don't have where it was revived from to control humans.

floridays

OK..NIV..That stands for the Non Inspired Version..but lets go with it...You never answered . I don't see the rejection from the Lord and I don't have where it was revived from to control humans.
We need to talk my brother, the bible is not to be argued. You put it out, let God work where He wills. Some see and hear, some don't. Not our's to force. If you are redeemed you have to admit it's not on your part, it's not because you are special or pleased God in some way. You've been bought with a price. And just so you don't feel cocky or better than, you couldn't afford the price as I couldn't.
Don't argue the grace of God, if He chooses, He will harvest. In the faith, I love you brother.

floridays

You have no understanding of religion.

Also people who have no understanding of religion never answer questions to learn anything.

I'd say the Lord does since He said it.
The point.. He is not going to judge democrats all together, republicans all together , Americans, Canucks , Russians ,Chinese , blacks, whites....Judgement is individual not collective.
You've gotta dump religion. You are correct however, judgment is individual, finally. Nations are judged also. According to scripture.

vantexan

You've gotta dump religion. You are correct however, judgment is individual, finally. Nations are judged also. According to scripture.
As I recall the Church in Jerusalem had 25,000 members. They had elders and deacons. They sent evangelists amongst the population to preach the gospel. They took up collections to support those evangelists as well as widows and orphans. They did good works. They didn't sin that Grace may abound. They tried very hard not to sin. They confessed their sins to each other. They prayed. They met on the first day of the week to worship, to sing, to take communion. They baptized new converts. They studied. It was individual, and it was community. It was, and is, religion.

BrownFlush

We need to talk my brother, the bible is not to be argued. You put it out, let God work where He wills. Some see and hear, some don't. Not our's to force. If you are redeemed you have to admit it's not on your part, it's not because you are special or pleased God in some way. You've been bought with a price. And just so you don't feel cocky or better than, you couldn't afford the price as I couldn't.
Don't argue the grace of God, if He chooses, He will harvest. In the faith, I love you brother.
There is no argument here, friend. Just trying to get the MouseMan to explain what he said.

Observer

A lot of people came to America for freedom of practicing their religion. It's sad they went to worship on Saturday and some angry dude decides to blow them away. Prayers to their families.

floridays

There is no argument here, friend. Just trying to get the MouseMan to explain what he said.
I talk too much quite frequently, have never learned to keep my mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.