Saturday Ground Update

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And you didn't read my post carefully. You are an IE person, so the numbers you have in mind are based upon a fantasy and not real-world experience. Anyone who has any actual driving experience knows that you cannot combine two full pickup routes into one. It doesn't work.
yeah, that's not what i said at all would happen

re-read the post, thanks

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yea, if you work the 70 including a Saturday, you still wont have enough time for the reset to work Monday? Will you?

How many hours can you work in one day with the 70?
16 hours..one day a week for "emergency conditions ", but the company and drivers abuse that exception all the time

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Both is nothing short of a accident in the making for sure.
In my experience the times I've gone over 14 in feeder is when they try to put an extra turn on me and I'm waiting an hour or so for loads to be ready...and that's after I've taken a meal and my breaks..or if the weather has been crazy and I've had to put chains on and off a couple times.. That totally eats up couple hours...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yea, if you work the 70 including a Saturday, you still wont have enough time for the reset to work Monday? Will you?

How many hours can you work in one day with the 70?
Sure you will. You need 34 hours for a reset, so if your start time Monday is 0830 you just need to be punched out by 2030 on Saturday.
It's still 14 hours punch to punch under 70/8, the big difference is that now you can work 14 hours for 5 days straight whereas under the 60/7 rule you can only do that for 4 days straight then on the 5th you only have 8 hours available.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
yeah, that's not what i said at all would happen

re-read the post, thanks
That what I said would happen.

I know this, because it already has happened, on Mondays during light volume periods in the summer, or particularly on the day after the 4th of July, when local management is forced to generate an impossible stops per car metric and cut out cars to the point where the total number of dispatched routes is less than the number of daily pickup routes for the center.

When this occurs, management has no choice but to combine two entire pickup routes onto one car. The fact that it is physically impossible to service or contain two full pickup routes into one car is irrelevant; they are compelled by the geniuses from IE to dispatch it anyway and intentionally set the driver up to fail. It is nothing but an exercise in forced stupidity in order to generate a metric.

Spreading light volume over 6 delivery days vs. 5 will only make this problem worse.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Times may change, but the laws of geometry and the physical impossibility of being in 2 places at once do not. You cant get 10 gallons of smilet into a 5 gallon bucket no matter how many "directives" you throw at it.
Agreed, but who are we on the food chain..Is the company making money ?

tourists24

I know this, because it already has happened, on Mondays during light volume periods in the summer, or particularly on the day after the 4th of July, when local management is forced to generate an impossible stops per car metric and cut out cars to the point where the total number of dispatched routes is less than the number of daily pickup routes for the center.

When this occurs, management has no choice but to combine two entire pickup routes onto one car. The fact that it is physically impossible to service or contain two full pickup routes into one car is irrelevant; they are compelled by the geniuses from IE to dispatch it anyway and intentionally set the driver up to fail. It is nothing but an exercise in forced stupidity in order to generate a metric.

Spreading light volume over 6 delivery days vs. 5 will only make this problem worse.
Tears will blame this on poor management,,, not on IE plans

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

holiday planning =/= saturday planning

region does holiday crap, your local district does the saturday