Saturday Ground Update

reginald95

If you're driving seniority date is before 2011 you can't be forced to work a Tue-Sat week. You can however get laid off, be last in picking vacations, last on bid list for routes since you start a new seniority date with your new center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you're driving seniority date is before 2011 you can't be forced to work a Tue-Sat week. You can however get laid off, be last in picking vacations, last on bid list for routes since you start a new seniority date with your new center.
Ummm that really depends on where you are. Most places the date is in the 90's

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_1166.GIF

ManInBrown

Let's say a center plans that it's going to run 15 Saturday routes? Is the plan to move 15 drivers to T-S or is the plan to move more then needed to cover vacation? Say 5 extra drivers? Or will vacations be covered by them asking M-friend drivers if they want to come in Saturday? Can anybody in a center where Saturday ground has begun shed some light on this? Did they force more then they needed? Are there T-S drivers volunteering to take the day on S?

Fnix

Let's say a center plans that it's going to run 15 Saturday routes? Is the plan to move 15 drivers to T-S or is the plan to move more then needed to cover vacation? Say 5 extra drivers? Or will vacations be covered by them asking M-friend drivers if they want to come in Saturday? Can anybody in a center where Saturday ground has begun shed some light on this? Did they force more then they needed? Are there T-S drivers volunteering to take the day on S?

In my building they are promoting about 5-10 full timers per center. Most of the cover drivers and Saturday guys are going FT now. They put a list out for volunteers and will work up via seniority. We have enough new guys and volunteers in my center that I don't think anyone over 5 years will be forced to work Saturdays.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Are they letring any saturday guys convert over to Saturday cover drivers? Seems pretty crappy peiple who have driven for so long just get cut? Any info on those saturday people?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They forced more than needed here. I believe they actually have more extra drivers on Saturday than on Monday. Yes, we have T-S drivers who go home every Saturday.

tourists24

In my building they are promoting about 5-10 full timers per center. Most of the cover drivers and Saturday guys are going FT now. They put a list out for volunteers and will work up via seniority. We have enough new guys and volunteers in my center that I don't think anyone over 5 years will be forced to work Saturdays.
This ought to get fun in our center. They are going to hire (they claim) about 10 new drivers to help cover T-S. Problem is only about 1 in 10 actually qualify as they continuously disqualify almost everyone before they get their 30 days