Saturday Ground Update

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How many more just to give us an idea? If they needed 15 did they force 5 extra?
Not sure. There a 4 centers in my building. Our guys get done around 6 at the latest, but I see them delivering my neighborhood til 7:30. I'm guessing it's about 11 routes, with 3 or 4 extra. Point is, just like everything else, stuff will be different everywhere.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wonder if it would be easier to get the scheduling done by offering 4-10s or 4-11s a week. M-friend bid drivers sign up for the day off they would like off, in seniority order and then a Saturday driver would work Saturday and cover 3 other routes during the week.

I spoke to a feeder guy in Montana a few years back, he said that his building had done 4 day weeks for a while, then for whatever reason, management said it was not working anymore and quit the practice.

I would sign up for 4-10s in a heartbeat

barnyard

KTM rider
The Montana feeder guy I spoke said they went to the 4 day schedule because drivers were dying on the law and someone had to go get them to finish their run. Going with 4 day weeks eliminated that. Evidently, the drivers loved it.

I know that I would.

opie

Are they using any PT air drivers for Saturday? I know that pretty much PT Saturday air drivers will be elminated. But I figure they might need a couple to help with EAMs/air, like we have on a normal weekday.

oldupsman

Our feeder bids for 4 day weeks were always the first ones to be gone. Yes you made less money.
You also got 3 day weekends. Personal choice.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are they using any PT air drivers for Saturday? I know that pretty much PT Saturday air drivers will be elminated. But I figure they might need a couple to help with EAMs/air, like we have on a normal weekday.
We use article 22 guys that always did Saturday air. However, they hate Saturday ground so much, they've been trying to work two inside shifts on Saturday now.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the way you described it is the plan

Delivery!!!

Are m-friend drivers complaining about being sent home on Mondays due to a lower seniority driver essentially taking their work on the previous Saturday? Do they have the right to bump a t-s driver on Saturday to get their fifth day?

ManInBrown

Are m-friend drivers complaining about being sent home on Mondays due to a lower seniority driver essentially taking their work on the previous Saturday? Do they have the right to bump a t-s driver on Saturday to get their fifth day?
No one has to go home. Anyone that is willing to take dead days is doing it of their own accord. I would never go home on Saturday or Monday. All that does is make their life easier, and help them to screw the other drivers who work. We're never able to make it happen in our center for even one day, but everyone should be demanding their 8 every day, unless it's a real emergency and you have something to do that day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No one has to go home. Anyone that is willing to take dead days is doing it of their own accord. I would never go home on Saturday or Monday. All that does is make their life easier, and help them to screw the other drivers who work. We're never able to make it happen in our center for even one day, but everyone should be demanding their 8 every day, unless it's a real emergency and you have something to do that day.
I'm hoping this creates more Monday dead days. I could coast to the end working 4 days a week.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Guess I'm lucky at my center. We have no plans to implement Saturday ground for the next 2-3 years and I just got my own little Saturday air route complete with 15 stops and 100 miles.

W

What The Hawk?

The hub that I work at is doing this next month. That's why they are hiring so many drivers right now and I missed my opportunity and so pissed. LOL

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you have a specific date set yet? 4/30/18 is my projected last working date with an eligible retirement date of 6/22/18.

I just have to have the will power not to take any paid days before 4/30.
You taking all vacation and sick days before your date... what are you going
With all of your sick time.. are you able to cash it all out??