Second Class Drivers

dudebro

Damn, son. That's about 3x the going rate where I am. And 4BR in 1,400 sqft?! And you've got CA taxes. Ouch!
But he has 70-80 degrees and sunny practically EVERY DAY. It's never hot or cold over there.

upload_2018-5-3_20-56-47.png

F

Frankie's Friend

Just thought it was funny that 3 hours of overtime was considered a lot for a 22.3. Drivers in my building give the company almost twice that much time in free labor every week.
How so?
U in upstate ny?

HereWeGoAgain

I’m not crazy about this idea, but it does solve lots of problems. And could potential work if there were strict language in place. Say for every 6 Full-Time driver a center would be allowed 1 Flex Driver. So a center with 60 Drivers would only be allowed 6 Flex. And add additional protection... Maybe anything over 25 driving hours in a week that driver would be paid Top Full-Time PKG car rate for the week. I could get super creative with this but you guys get the point, if done RIGHT this (could) work.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m not crazy about this idea, but it does solve lots of problems. And could potential work if there were strict language in place. Say for every 6 Full-Time driver a center would be allowed 1 Flex Driver. So a center with 60 Drivers would only be allowed 6 Flex. And add additional protection... Maybe anything over 25 driving hours in a week that driver would be paid Top Full-Time PKG car rate for the week. I could get super creative with this but you guys get the point, if done RIGHT this (could) work.
There would have to be insanely strict language on it for Ups not to exploit it. Then the next contract Ups would ask to lessen the reigns a little. Then a few contracts down the road that's all there would be with no more FT drivers. Don't let Ups can their foot in the door with stuff like this!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Are you serious? This company will never do anything to make this job easier for us.
All they were doing was pulling Mondays volume and delivering it on Saturday. Then come Monday cutting routes and screwing the routes they left in. Work load "should" normalize on Monday again with fewer Saturday routes. I know they don't care how terrible our day is. It's just going to kind of return to normal with more routes being in on Monday.

Hadjabear

Would you want to work this kind of schedule?

Absolutely I would have when I was part time. Others would too. People who have kids if there spouse workS during the week means no daycare bill plus health insurance. People who work ft jobs during the week looking to supplement their income. These young kids in school when class schedules don't line up with preload twi night sort shifts