share a video

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
oldngray, that happened to my family. We were sitting on the covered back porch of our weekend house watching a storm roll in. It was still several miles away. The house was on stilts and there was a big stik CB antenna about 25' above the house. It hit the ground about 75' away, and started a grass fire. it temporarily blinded all of us, and our ears rang for a while. Made a believer out of us!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
All Russians have dash cams so there are many videos floating around.

We visited Eastern Europe several years ago. That whole trip was surreal... we saw a lot of strange stuff. Here are a few highlights:

In Moscow our driver got pulled over by the police. After a heated discussion our driver handed the policeman a wad of cash and we drove away.

Walking down the street in St. Petersburg we saw 2 scary looking thugs in black leather jackets on either side of a guy with 2 black eyes. They had their hands under his arms and were half dragging him down the street. It was a crowded city street yet none of the locals even looked at them.

We took a Russian commercial airline from Moscow to St. Petersburg. It was terrifying. The plane was really old and kept malfunctioning. There was crazy turbulence. People were screaming. The flight attendants were making panicky announcements in Russian. It was a nightmare.

Every meal we were served came with a shot of vodka, including breakfast.

I have no interest in going back to that part of the world. BTDT. It was crazy.