Student walkouts

rod

Retired 23 years
Lol. My daughter has to wear dark tint glasses and a hat in order to participate in most settings. The kid in the photo is probably wearing it just because...but the dark glasses do not impede learning. Just throwing that out there...

ok--give me a hundred lashes with a wet noodle

rod

Retired 23 years
There is always more to the story. I asked if @rod had heard about it. I thought he might know more of those details.

I have to be honest---I don't watch much news anymore. I'm to the point I pretty much don't give a crap about anything anymore. I live in my own little world and spend my time trying to piss other people off. Its a hobby.

Observer

I think most of the kids did it to get out of school. This might have not gone on so long if Obama had done something about school shootings after those first graders in Connecticut died needlessly. There's a school in southereastern Indiana (Shelbyville area) that spent $400,00 on defending their school- it was on Nightly News a couple of weeks ago. Schools should do something like they did. Also, only allow certain doors to open to gain access -lock all others-metal detectors. The main problem is that bullying has become the problem and these people who shoot up the schools finally lose it. Think back to Columbine - those two were bullied and the teachers didn't do a thing. It does start at the home. The teachers knew who were getting bullied and they also played a part of it when they allowed it or did it to students themselves. Think back - how many of your teachers did you have respect for? How many were really dedicated in teaching everyone- even the slow learners? Make the kids wear uniforms during all years of school and a lot will stop. There will still be the parents who'll say kids need to be individuals - well you can do that after school. You are there to learn and as a taxpayer I'm sick and tired of hearing how much money they need to spend for each student. Privatize schools so there will be more people to answer to. I'm anxious to see if the SAT's /ACT's scores go up now that West Virginia teachers got a 5% raise.
Second ammendment was put in place for a good reason. You notice Texas and Oklahoma don't have the problem.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
29249682_850791661783501_3406923227765669888_n.jpg

542thruNthru

Well the evening news did show some kids marching on Beacon Hill today .
Tv stations showed them going into the State House via the Gen. Hooker entrance .
Massachusetts already has some of the toughest gun laws in the state, but students say more needs to be done, specifically mentioning getting illegal guns off the streets and removing weapons from the mentally ill by a judge's order .

Massachusetts has the toughest gun laws in the state of Massachusetts.

What a coincidence the state of California has the toughest gun laws in the state of California also! :)