Student walkouts

MeLlamoMud

I'm going to disappoint you.
Tell me if I’m wrong, no one supports abortion out of hand...it’s the basest kind of birth control.

You want to know what prevents unwanted pregnancies?

Condoms, sex education, reality-based solutions based on...reality.

PP mostly does education...abortions aren’t their main gig.

States like Texas hate abortions...

States like Texas push abstinence only solutions.

That’s nonsense, kids are gonna screw.

So, push sex-ed, hand condoms out like candy, and nix abortions in the bud.

What’s the problem?

I'm a Texan. You should hear some of the craziness being taught to the kids in our closer to the border regions. It is insanity. The backwardness is mind blowing.

My oldest is 19, she has stated for a number of years she doesn't want to bring children into this world and I'm not saddened by that one bit. I didn't leave it up to the schools to educate my kids on sex but sadly too many parents do.

MeLlamoMud

I guess, but you numbnuts who preach abortion to me never seem to get the point that if you're mothers were as passionate about abortion as you are then you would not be here to preach to me.
I'm super liberal in every way...I think "passionate" is a weird descriptive. Being pro choice does not equate to being gung ho for abortion.

Me personally, I am all about options. I can not take birth control...it's always had extreme side affects for me. Sure condoms are great until one breaks. I chose to educate myself and am more than familiar with natures abortives. As is my daughter. And to be honest I think all women should be proficient in it because this country is starting to look like that series Handmaids Tale.

Women will do what they have always done regardless. They will do what they need to do and what is right for them.

newfie

Women will do what they have always done regardless. They will do what they need to do and what is right for them.

I'm sure they will. and within that sense the quote you responded to makes an important point as women decide what is right for them. I think the super liberal has to understand that the consequence of their abortive actions is the loss of a life. We can argue the point that life becomes one until we are exhausted but I think we can all agree that at some point if allowed to continue that life becomes your son or daughter.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
29244645_851383788390955_2084159088274440192_n.jpg

Antioch students tear down flag, brawl during 'peaceful' protest

MeLlamoMud

I'm sure they will. and within that sense the quote you responded to makes an important point as women decide what is right for them. I think the super liberal has to understand that the consequence of their abortive actions is the loss of a life. We can argue the point that life becomes one until we are exhausted but I think we can all agree that at some point if allowed to continue that life becomes your son or daughter.
This thread went off topic but....
A woman who OPTS to end and UNWANTED pregnancy in whatever method chosen, I can assure you is fully aware of all the what ifs. They aren't completely ignorant as your statement suggests. They are informed.

I'm just curious, only because of the way you worded your statement, how do you feel about plan b pills? Are against all forms of birth control?

newfie

This thread went off topic but....
A woman who OPTS to end and UNWANTED pregnancy in whatever method chosen, I can assure you is fully aware of all the what ifs. They aren't completely ignorant as your statement suggests. They are informed.

I'm just curious, only because of the way you worded your statement, how do you feel about plan b pills? Are against all forms of birth control?

I never said they were completely ignorant.
you responded to a post in which I told another poster that he would not be here to argue with me if his mother was as passionette about abortion as he was.

I think its relevant to point out that he is here because his mother did not choose to abort him.

It will be fine

you responded to a post in which I told another poster that he would not be here to argue with me if his mother was as passionette about abortion as he was.

I think its relevant to point out that he is here because his mother did not choose to abort him.
How is that relevant? It's a very stupid point to make. I've never needed abortion services, used birth control until we wanted children then used birth control again. That has no bearing on the understanding that abortion services should be safe and legal.

MeLlamoMud

The key word is right there. CHOOSE. Though to be fair I dont know the age of the person or their mother and CHOICE or at least safe choice may or may not have been an option.

vantexan

The key word is right there. CHOOSE. Though to be fair I dont know the age of the person or their mother and CHOICE or at least safe choice may or may not have been an option.
The problem pro-life advocates have with pro-choice advocates, among other issues, is that the "choice" never seems to be life. If you choose to abort, it always seems to be how having a baby will affect you negatively, not what the abortion does to the baby.

newfie

How is that relevant? It's a very stupid point to make. I've never needed abortion services, used birth control until we wanted children then used birth control again. That has no bearing on the understanding that abortion services should be safe and legal.

it has every bit of bearing on the discussion. If your mother had an abortion you would not be here to share your bizarre logic with me.

MeLlamoMud

The problem pro-life advocates have with pro-choice advocates, among other issues, is that the "choice" never seems to be life. If you choose to abort, it always seems to be how having a baby will affect you negatively, not what the abortion does to the baby.
That may be so....in that same thought, if we are to get to the root of the issue, its important to bring up birth control or plan b type abortives but most importantly education. Ive always wondered why many women don't fully understand how their bodies work nor are they taught to read their body? Why aren't girls taught about our plant helpers? Instead, they've been intentionally dummed down. This would be a simple fix to a lot of this stuff. The same people against abortion, also tend to be against prevention. Just an observation.