Television

rod

Retired 22 years
Smock, Smock......I loved Steve Allen and met him in person at his book signing. I loved the Man on the Street with Louis Nye , Tom Poston & Don Knotts. It was sad to see only 10 or 12 people at his book signing.
I used to sneak downstairs and watch him (quietly) so I wouldn't wake the folks.

Steve Allen was one of a group of guys who were the first people to import Honda motorcycles (1st gear - its alright) . I don't know if he stuck with it but if he did I'm sure it made him a bundle of money.

rod

Retired 22 years
The new season of The Treasure of Oak Island starts this week. I'm almost sure this will be the year they discover the treasure. wink-wink.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Steve Allen was one of a group of guys who were the first people to import Honda motorcycles (1st gear - its alright) . I don't know if he stuck with it but if he did I'm sure it made him a bundle of money.
Rick Case (Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio)had a lot of dealings with Honda when I was in high school in the 60's

rod

Retired 22 years
Rick Case (Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio)had a lot of dealings with Honda when I was in high school in the 60's

We had our 1st Honda dealer here locally in 1963 or 64. The owner of a small local hardware store was at some trade show I think in Chicago or LA and got talked into signing up for 5 of those original Honda motorcycles/scooters. He sold them all the first week he had them on display and the rest is history. The family eventually got out of the hardware business and now sells all brands of motorcycles (except Harley) , snowmobiles, jet skis and ATV's.