Television

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Ford lover?-- Please don't say Dodge lover.
My 2002 2500HD 6.0 silverado just turned 225,000 miles. My wife told me I should break down and get me a new pickup. I told her that I was just getting it like I like it. I got 2 free tickets to the auto show here this coming weekend. Maybe I'll go look around.

rod

Retired 22 years
My 2002 2500HD 6.0 silverado just turned 225,000 miles. My wife told me I should break down and get me a new pickup. I told her that I was just getting it like I like it. I got 2 free tickets to the auto show here this coming weekend. Maybe I'll go look around.

I think the most I've ever put on a vehicle since I got my first new one in 1978 was about 85,000-90,000 miles. I usually get the wife a new car about every 4 or 5 years and I get a new truck about every 10.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I think the most I've ever put on a vehicle since I got my first new one in 1978 was about 85,000-90,000 miles. I usually get the wife a new car about every 4 or 5 years and I get a new truck about every 10.
I'm the same way about my wife's car. This has been a great truck and has never let me down. It's 4wd and has saved my bacon several times when I go to sketchy fishing areas. Pulls my fishing boat easily. If it ain't broke, I don't see the need for a new one. When I first saw the ad for that tailgate, I told my wife, that would be the first thing that would probably break on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm the same way about my wife's car. This has been a great truck and has never let me down. It's 4wd and has saved my bacon several times when I go to sketchy fishing areas. Pulls my fishing boat easily. If it ain't broke, I don't see the need for a new one. When I first saw the ad for that tailgate, I told my wife, that would be the first thing that would probably break on it.
If it was up to me I would keep a truck longer (it's low mileage after all) but it's my wife who always insists I get a new one. I never argue with my wife when it comes to new toys.