The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

oldngray

nowhere special
Plead guilty to contacting the Russians in Dec 2016 .
Correct me if I'm wrong , but wouldn't that be post election ?
I thought Mueller was investigation pre-election contacts .

Talking to the Russians (plus 12 other countries) post election was not a crime. Lying to the FBI about it was.

Still nothing to do with the collusion that Mueller was supposedly investigating.

bbsam

Staff member
Plead guilty to contacting the Russians in Dec 2016 .
Correct me if I'm wrong , but wouldn't that be post election ?
I thought Mueller was investigation pre-election contacts .
Is it possible that pre-election relationships are what post-election contacts are all about? You have to remember that everybody was emphatically denying any such contact was made. Why is that?

bbsam

Staff member
Talking to the Russians (plus 12 other countries) post election was not a crime. Lying to the FBI about it was.

Still nothing to do with the collusion that Mueller was supposedly investigating.
You keep getting stuck on that. Read the letter giving Mueller authority and nothing about it limits his scope to collusion.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Is it possible that pre-election relationships are what post-election contacts are all about? You have to remember that everybody was emphatically denying any such contact was made. Why is that?
Because no one thought Trump was going to win .

floridays

You keep getting stuck on that. Read the letter giving Mueller authority and nothing about it limits his scope to collusion.
You are correct. We all know the reason to appoint a special counsel was based on a "Unlawful connection between Trump and the Russians to affect an election." Not what has been produced thus far. Don't get to giddy.