The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

bbsam

Staff member
Bad day little feller? I don't demand an answer, but it kinda works like this. You ask a question and I answer what you were asking. Not respond with some off the wall BS.
Here's some down to earth reality (and feel free to keep your head in the sand).

Whether the Republican Party cares to admit it or not, Donald Trump, his family, and his administration are in serious legal jeopardy.

Any pointing at Clinton or Obama is "some off the wall BS".

floridays

Here's some down to earth reality (and feel free to keep your head in the sand).

Whether the Republican Party cares to admit it or not, Donald Trump, his family, and his administration are in serious legal jeopardy.

Any pointing at Clinton or Obama is "some off the wall BS".
Not pertaining to the subject matter this special counsel was tasked to investigate.

bbsam

Staff member
Not pertaining to the subject matter this special counsel was tasked to investigate.
Read the DOJ letter authorizing the special counsel and please explain to me what section (ii) means. You can argue that it is the mandate is overly broad and that is something every target of a special counsel will do. But saying that it's outside the scope of the investigation is just plain wrong.

floridays

Read the DOJ letter authorizing the special counsel and please explain to me what section (ii) means. You can argue that it is the mandate is overly broad and that is something every target of a special counsel will do. But saying that it's outside the scope of the investigation is just plain wrong.
It means the independent counsel can investigate any perceived wrongdoing that is uncovered during the investigation of the stated purpose for appointing the special counsel.
And there you have the process crimes I told you over a month ago that would be found.

floridays

For someone who claims to be savvy in legal matters, you sure don't seem to be.
This is the subject or reason the special counsel was appointed:

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. §§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian govermment's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as follows:

Here is the complete order:

ORDER NO. 3915-2017
APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,
I hereby order as
follows:
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Specia] Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.friend.R. § 600.4(a).
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.
(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.

Last edited:

Sportello

This is the subject or reason the special counsel was appointed:

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. §§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian govermment's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as follows:
You left off the rest, please continue.

Nice ninja edit.

Since tRUmp has admitted to obstruction, it may all be moot.

floridays

You left off the rest, please continue.
I put the reason for the appointment of the special counsel, you're over your head now, quit taking on water. And I assumed a response like this would come, so I edited to include the entire order. Shazam, when I finish the edit, you request it.

bbsam

Staff member
It means the independent counsel can investigate any perceived wrongdoing that is uncovered during the investigation of the stated purpose for appointing the special counsel.
And there you have the process crimes I told you over a month ago that would be found.
What are "process crimes" and are they somehow less criminal?

bbsam

Staff member
Here's How Much of His Own Money Donald Trump Spent on His Campaign

Here's something to consider.
If Trump "funded" his own campaign but can be shown that he is hugely indebted to the Russian Oligarchs, or even involved in money laundering, how closely tied would that be to the "collusion" everybody thinks has to be found?

Because it seems Flynn was really let off easy for what Mueller had on him. So either Mueller had very little on him or what Flynn has on the Trump inner circle is absolutely massive.