The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

couldn't rebut the point so you had to attack me. Point for me
upload_2018-7-20_10-38-2.png

Meat

whuuut .

the liberal media has done a good job of agreeing with the republicans and confirming their bias through their actions

remember there is no fake news without fake news

The news is no different than any other commodity. Media conglomerates exist solely to validate the belief system of their target demographic, which ever side that may be. The great majority of news broadcasts are completely lacking in nuance and objectivity, and it’s positively ridiculous to infer one side is better than the other.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Wrong, you’re drinking the Kool-Aid.

Yes, FOX has some actual journalists, so does CNN.

FOX’s main mission is $$$$$, when they criticize Trump, their ratings go down, they’re not a news source, they’re a business.

If you think FOX is either fair or balanced then you’re not a responsible news consumer.

FOX has morphed into a quasi-state-run propaganda machine.

CNN sucks, MSNBC sucks, but if you’re getting your news from FOX, you suck.

BBC, NYT, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, PBS, NPR, etc. etc.

All of the above list have their own internal biases, but their journalism is top-notch.

FOX/CNN/MSNBC are utter garbage.
You are out of your cotton picking mind!

El Correcto

god is dead
You’re unnecessarily provocative, even when you know better.

Please don’t participate in the spread of ‘fake news’, lest someone label you a fake.

Wait, is it too late?

:blushing2:
I’m just saying look at the topics your local news covers. I could see it having a right wing spin on how they cover an illegal alien getting drunk and slamming his car into an American citizen, but that is honestly just the right opinion to have in those situation.

newfie

The news is no different than any other commodity. Media conglomerates exist solely to validate the belief system of their target demographic, which ever side that may be. The great majority of news broadcasts are completely lacking in nuance and objectivity, and it’s positively ridiculous to infer one side is better than the other.

I agree the news is heavily slanted to the left.

BrownArmy

I’m just saying look at the topics your local news covers. I could see it having a right wing spin on how they cover an illegal alien getting drunk and slamming his car into an American citizen, but that is honestly just the right opinion to have in those situation.

Guy, spend ten minutes of your life and look at the vids I posted.

I’m trying to communicate to you that what you assumue is ‘local’ news is actually anything but.

And, this shouldn’t be a partisan thing, our news should be free, fair, and independent.

Sinclair is solid ‘Right’, but it would be just as alarming if a similar ‘Left’ organization was snapping up local media stations all across the land to disseminate a message that served their bottom line.

I’ll say that last part again:

‘To disseminate a message that serves the bottom line’.

That’s the antithesis of objective journalism.

YMMV

BrownArmy

Rush? Hannity? Other FM and AM radio jocks?

FOX news?

Wall Street Journal?

National Review?

I don’t believe you.

Talk about ‘butt-hurt’, you’re gonna need some of Dr. Trump’s butt-salve when he’s done with you...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don't think the news is way left but the political pundit networks like CNN, MSNBC, NBC News, ABC News and CBS News certainly are.
The political pundit networks like FOX News and OAN are reliably far right.

Of all the named above, OAN is the only one that actually presents the news, albeit with a rightish bent.