The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

vantexan

You know, lying about certain facts will get attention from the authorities. Don’t believe me? Go tell a TSA agent at an airline that you are a trained bomb maker.
You do realize that Washington is full of lobbyists, advisors, and consultants for foreign governments including Russia? Cohen may have gotten himself into hot water not registering as a lobbyist for a foreign government. Page was doing what tons of people were doing, self promotion to land work.

newfie

The sanctions are because congress forced them. Trump fought them.

I'm sure you'll also give congress the credit for our increased military spending.
perhaps congress fired the cruise missiles at Syria for the use of gas? ( Obama's red line)
congress evicted 60 diplomats?
Congress forced Europe to spend more on nato?
perhaps congress called out Germany for negating the effects of our sanctions by working a back door pipeline deal?

anyway you want to spin it , trump has taken many positions that are counter to Putins interest.
anyway you want to spin it , trump has dramatically increased the accountability applied to Russia and its interests.

if your concern about Russia is actually legitimate and not political posturing that you should be mad at Obama for being a puss and grateful that Trump has applied much more pressure and accountability to Putin.

I will now sit back and await as you bemoan the weak ineffective leadership of Obama .

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sure you'll also give congress the credit for our increased military spending.
perhaps congress fired the cruise missiles at Syria for the use of gas? ( Obama's red line)
congress evicted 60 diplomats?
Congress forced Europe to spend more on nato?
perhaps congress called out Germany for negating the effects of our sanctions by working a back door pipeline deal?

anyway you want to spin it , trump has taken many positions that are counter to Putins interest.
anyway you want to spin it , trump has dramatically increased the accountability applied to Russia and its interests.

if your concern about Russia is actually legitimate and not political posturing that you should be mad at Obama for being a puss and grateful that Trump has applied much more pressure and accountability to Putin.

I will now sit back and await as you bemoan the weak ineffective leadership of Obama .
The current president is a pusillanimous when it comes to Putin.

bbsam

Staff member
You do realize that Washington is full of lobbyists, advisors, and consultants for foreign governments including Russia? Cohen may have gotten himself into hot water not registering as a lobbyist for a foreign government. Page was doing what tons of people were doing, self promotion to land work.
Yes. Work as a spy.

vantexan

What boggles my mind is Obama himself said the Cold War is over, Bill speaks to a bank in Moscow for $500k, Hillary pushed a reset button with her Russian counterpart, yet y'all talk like Russia is our biggest enemy. Not because you believe they are, but because it's an angle to work to get at Trump. If a Democrat gets elected in 2020 and gets along fine with Putin bet you'll think that's splendid. Certainly wasn't a problem for Obama. Bbsam went from how's what Trump is doing for Ukraine better than what Obama did to what Trump is doing is nothing(after he found out Obama didn't help the Ukrainians militarily). Disingenuous lot you folks are. All that matters is the Dems get their power back and the ends justify the means.

bbsam

Staff member
What boggles my mind is Obama himself said the Cold War is over, Bill speaks to a bank in Moscow for $500k, Hillary pushed a reset button with her Russian counterpart, yet y'all talk like Russia is our biggest enemy. Not because you believe they are, but because it's an angle to work to get at Trump. If a Democrat gets elected in 2020 and gets along fine with Putin bet you'll think that's splendid. Certainly wasn't a problem for Obama. Bbsam went from how's what Trump is doing for Ukraine better than what Obama did to what Trump is doing is nothing(after he found out Obama didn't help the Ukrainians militarily). Disingenuous lot you folks are. All that matters is the Dems get their power back and the ends justify the means.
Actually trump has unified congress against him in this case.

newfie

37395457_10204956138699280_4182348486085181440_n.jpg