The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

Box Ox

Math isn't your strong suit apparently. The resulting economic activity that the tax cuts created has actually brought in more revenue. Thus the tax cuts did what they were supposed to do. But we still overspent. And we covered this before. To get his military spending Trump compromised with Democrats who wanted their own spending to continue. Had to because too many Republicans refused to support his budget. Make no mistake about it, plenty of Republicans are concerned about the ever growing debt and want at the very least a balanced budget. Too many special interests in Washington want to see the money keep flowing. I just find it amazing that Dems who spent like drunken sailors on crack are now deficit hawks because it's politically expedient to do so.​

s3k4f4.jpg

It will be fine

That's what Dim and Liberals believes the Government should do.
The 10 states receiving the most in federal aid as a percentage of their general revenue, in order, were:

1. Mississippi, 42.9% federal aid as percentage of general revenue
  2. Louisiana, 41.9%
  3. Tennessee, 39.5%
  4. South Dakota, 39.0%
  5. Missouri, 38.2%
  6. Montana, 37.4%
  7. Georgia, 37.3%
  8. New Mexico, 36.6%
  9. Alabama, 36.1%
  10. Maine, 35.3%
Where are the liberal states?

vantexan

The 10 states receiving the most in federal aid as a percentage of their general revenue, in order, were:

2. Louisiana, 41.9%
  3. Tennessee, 39.5%
  4. South Dakota, 39.0%
  5. Missouri, 38.2%
  6. Montana, 37.4%
  7. Georgia, 37.3%
  8. New Mexico, 36.6%
  9. Alabama, 36.1%
  10. Maine, 35.3%
They're also most of the States with the highest percentage of poor minorities.

vantexan

You made that up, didn’t you?

Perhaps they have both the highest percentage of poor whites as well? But I’m sure it’s the minorities that cause the problem.
It's not that they're causing problems. They are most of the States with a higher percentage of minority population and historically minorities have a higher percentage of their population in poverty and are receiving assistance. Plenty of poor whites receiving assistance too but typically in States with better economies both whites and minorities are able to find substantial work.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

2. Louisiana, 41.9%
  3. Tennessee, 39.5%
  4. South Dakota, 39.0%
  5. Missouri, 38.2%
  6. Montana, 37.4%
  7. Georgia, 37.3%
  8. New Mexico, 36.6%
  9. Alabama, 36.1%
  10. Maine, 35.3%
States are an inanimate entity ... therefore, a state can not be Liberal or any other human characteristic.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
States are an inanimate entity ... therefore, a state can not be Liberal or any other human characteristic.
Oh really....
In theory, yes but if only Liberal, :poop:hole states vote this in, it makes no difference.
I always thought of Minnesota as a liberal state.

Interesting.
Now, I understand that I am you are lying and BSing even when I you don't know it. I
You appear to be a very delusional person.
fixed it for you.

newfie

2. Louisiana, 41.9%
  3. Tennessee, 39.5%
  4. South Dakota, 39.0%
  5. Missouri, 38.2%
  6. Montana, 37.4%
  7. Georgia, 37.3%
  8. New Mexico, 36.6%
  9. Alabama, 36.1%
  10. Maine, 35.3%

you're arguing they should raise their tax rate to move up in this ranking ?

Box Ox

you're arguing they should raise their tax rate to move up in this ranking ?

Maybe more that the Republican method of governance in those states is not conducive to its people actually practicing what they preach. And they ignorantly "YEE HAW MAGAAAAA" for Trump to cut the same kinds of programs they themselves rely upon more heavily than anywhere else in the Country.

newfie

Maybe more that the Republican method of governance in those states is not conducive to its people actually practicing what they preach. And they ignorantly "YEE HAW MAGAAAAA" for Trump to cut the same kinds of programs they themselves rely upon more heavily than anywhere else in the Country.

its a measurement of expense to revenue. obviously high tax states will do better in this measurement then those that try to govern without excessively taxing their citizenry.

rickyb

greenwald did a tweet today asking people to show him where trump admin colluded with russians to win, and something else.

im assuming theres still nothing tied to that specifically.

It will be fine

its a measurement of expense to revenue. obviously high tax states will do better in this measurement then those that try to govern without excessively taxing their citizenry.
Those conservative states are a bunch of takers, they can’t fund their own programs so they have their hand out to the feds. Maybe if they had functioning economies their populations wouldn’t be so poor.

newfie

Those conservative states are a bunch of takers, they can’t fund their own programs so they have their hand out to the feds. Maybe if they had functioning economies their populations wouldn’t be so poor.

in this study you have two arguments you can make cut services or raise revenue (taxes) . but I do like the sudden concern about spending.

are you fine with cutting off all disaster relief money to california since you're now so concerned about spending?