The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

Box Ox

in this study you have two arguments you can make cut services or raise revenue (taxes) . but I do like the sudden concern about spending.

are you fine with cutting off all disaster relief money to california since you're now so concerned about spending?

"Today, many people — both Democrats and Republicans from the Northeast — have noticed that Republican politicians in Texas are asking for immediate federal help for their constituents in the Houston area, yet five years ago when Hurricane Sandy battered the Northeast, those very same Republicans were unwilling to help.

This looks like garden-variety parochialism and hypocrisy, of the kind both parties are guilty of from time to time, right? Wrong.

Here’s the truth: There are some kinds of hypocrisy both Democrats and Republicans engage in, but this isn’t one of them. When there’s a natural or human-made disaster and people are crying out for aid, virtually all Democrats say, “The government should help.” Lots of Republicans, on the other hand, say, “Is this happening to our people? If so, then yes, the government should help. If not, screw ’em.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...s-go-beyond-hypocrisy/?utm_term=.56e33da07717

newfie

"Today, many people — both Democrats and Republicans from the Northeast — have noticed that Republican politicians in Texas are asking for immediate federal help for their constituents in the Houston area, yet five years ago when Hurricane Sandy battered the Northeast, those very same Republicans were unwilling to help.

This looks like garden-variety parochialism and hypocrisy, of the kind both parties are guilty of from time to time, right? Wrong.

Here’s the truth: There are some kinds of hypocrisy both Democrats and Republicans engage in, but this isn’t one of them. When there’s a natural or human-made disaster and people are crying out for aid, virtually all Democrats say, “The government should help.” Lots of Republicans, on the other hand, say, “Is this happening to our people? If so, then yes, the government should help. If not, screw ’em.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...s-go-beyond-hypocrisy/?utm_term=.56e33da07717

wow you just discovered spending hypocrisy? nice job johnny come lately

watdaflock?

russia406.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Haven't had a chance to deep dive into the background on this. Could somebody explain why Manafort's having shared......polling data with Kilimnik is a significant development?
I think the number one issue is that he lied to Mueller's team about it. But if you're looking at it from the collusion angle I suppose you could say that the Russians were able to use that data to improve their online efforts to sway the election in Trump's favor. Which is probably why Manafort lied about it.

Box Ox

I think the number one issue is that he lied to Mueller's team about it. But if you're looking at it from the collusion angle I suppose you could say that the Russians were able to use that data to improve their online efforts to sway the election in Trump's favor. Which is probably why Manafort lied about it.

Whatcha think, @newfie ?

newfie

[

QUOTE="Box Ox, post: 3896202, member: 48469"]Whatcha think, @newfie ?[/QUOTE]

I think the Russians could have gotten the polling data without maniforts help.

Many assume the Russians meddled to help Trump.

Maybe their intent was always to create the political chaos we now have?

bbsam

Staff member
[

QUOTE="Box Ox, post: 3896202, member: 48469"]Whatcha think, @newfie ?

Maybe their intent was always to create the political chaos we now have?[/QUOTE]
I guess that would depend on what the polling data was. Was it a copy of the WSJ poll from a certain week? Or was it internal polling to determine the effectiveness of disinformation campaigns being carried out?

The former would be pretty benign and easily explained away as “forgotten”. The latter would be indicative of collusion. (Or for those insisting that collusion is not a crime, conspiracy.)

newfie

I guess that would depend on what the polling data was. Was it a copy of the WSJ poll from a certain week? Or was it internal polling to determine the effectiveness of disinformation campaigns being carried out?

The former would be pretty benign and easily explained away as “forgotten”. The latter would be indicative of collusion. (Or for those insisting that collusion is not a crime, conspiracy.)[/QUOTE]

you guys spin stories of elaborate russian hacks and highly skilled misinformation campaigns then try to say that manifort needed to fly to the ukraine and personally hand polling data to the russians they could not otherwise get.

Natalia Veselnitskaya was arrested today for obstruction in an unrelated case. She was the lawyer present at a trump tower meeting. Days before that meeting she met with the authors of the now discredited russian dossier.

I think we've alll been played. I think the russians have been running an elaborate game to get us all fighting and arguing like we are doing.

In the process they create fear and mistrust of our government processes including our system of voting.

The russians have played ball with both sides of the 2016 elections. their game has never been to pick a winner but to make both a loser.

we've been played

newfie

That is boiler plate republican campaigning. Hurr Durr government bad, illegal votes, voter fraud!

I think you totally ignored the point because you are desperate to hold on to your totally unproven
After two years of investigation Russian collusion theory. That is to be expected because deep seated hate filled partisan politics is your only reason for living.

We know the Russians meddled in our elections. We know Putin is former KGB. I think looking at the KGB objective in our elections the objective of undermining our belief in our election processes is on a higher plane then the obective of picking a winner or loser.
The total partisan chaos we have exhibited the past two years has Putin laughing his ass off.

Box Ox

Found a good synopsis:

"The importance of this is that it allowed Russian intelligence, through social media, to organize rallies, spread information to vulnerable demographics, etc. in order to influence the election. And they did so with the help of Trump's own campaign manager."

bbsam

Staff member
Found a good synopsis:

"The importance of this is that it allowed Russian intelligence, through social media, to organize rallies, spread information to vulnerable demographics, etc. in order to influence the election. And they did so with the help of Trump's own campaign manager."
Well that sounds like conspiracy to commit election fraud with a foreign country.

Hey righties! Bet you like the “collusion” word better now!

:)

Box Ox

"Rudy Giuliani Rumored to Be Bracing for ‘Horrific’ Report from Robert Mueller"

"Vanity Fair‘s Gabriel Sherman, a frequent quoter of anonymous sources close to “Trumpworld,” wrote Tuesday that Giuliani recently told a friend that he expects special counsel Robert Mueller‘s final report on the Russia investigation to be “horrific.” Giuliani apparently did not respond to a request for comment. The remark on the Mueller investigation was relayed by a person said to have been “briefed on [Giuliani’s] conversation.” That person also spoke of gossip and speculation that Trump “could do a deal and resign.”

Rudy Giuliani Rumored to Be Bracing for ‘Horrific’ Report from Robert Mueller

newfie

Found a good synopsis:

Then we have to conceed the Russians could not get it on their own?

newfie

"Rudy Giuliani Rumored to Be Bracing for ‘Horrific’ Report from Robert Mueller"

"Vanity Fair‘s Gabriel Sherman, a frequent quoter of anonymous sources close to “Trumpworld,” wrote Tuesday that Giuliani recently told a friend that he expects special counsel Robert Mueller‘s final report on the Russia investigation to be “horrific.” Giuliani apparently did not respond to a request for comment. The remark on the Mueller investigation was relayed by a person said to have been “briefed on [Giuliani’s] conversation.” That person also spoke of gossip and speculation that Trump “could do a deal and resign.”

Rudy Giuliani Rumored to Be Bracing for ‘Horrific’ Report from Robert Mueller

Vanity Fair?