THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Up In Smoke

Government spending accelerated in late 2018 and continued well into 2020 as it relates to GDP.
Screenshot_20231117-163339.png

vantexan

Businesses and individuals who pay quarterly and reconcile on April 15th were given until October 15th in 2020. The IRS receipts show a large increase from there forward as payments normalized and businesses opened. Massive hiring in 2021 led to wage growth and higher revenues. Wages in April 2021 were nearly 22% higher than the previous year. In addition, 3 rounds of PPP, 2 rounds of SBA, and $900.00 unemployment, rental assistance all played a factor as well.
And $2 trillion injected into the mix. And as I recall there wasn't massive rehiring in 2021. We were locked down tight.

vantexan

I think insurrectionist and traitor to the Constitution sums it up. But that’s not saying he’s subhuman.
So, more if the same made up BS. I honestly hope Trump comes in and fires every last person that behind the scenes was working to get him ousted. Starting with Christopher Wray.

Up In Smoke

You still haven't explained how government revenue went up so sharply during the pandemic. The only plausible explanation was Biden injected massive amounts of stimulus into the economy.
Revenues in 2020 were sub 3T dollars as people sat home and got paid while businesses were closed. (9.4M or 30% of all businesses). Starting in January of 2021 employment numbers rapidly increased to the sum of 7.2 million jobs added to the revenue stream. In addition more than 5.4 million small businesses were created in 2021. Combined payroll and operating revenues drove the receipts to over 6.5T in 2021.