They are taking FT drivers OT

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Perhaps it was a minority where you are, but I sat in those pre-negotiation meetings at our hall, and it was far from a minority that felt they were being over worked, AND the lower seniority guys, 95% of them bitched about working a 6th day/Saturday's. There was just a rant session in the bay while waiting on late flights, of about 10 drivers on Friday about being forced to work 6 days. There is very little offered OT in our building, whats in your truck is in your truck, that's your day whether it's 10 hours or not.

However, now that the language has come out, many of those very same senior drivers are the ones bitching about losing $25,000 a year. I just had a few buddies over for a BBQ last night and a couple of them who had that concern, one even admitted maybe bitching about the work load wasn't the smartest thing. Good thing his wife is a triage nurse...

All I know, is 4 1/2 more years. Wife retires from the state in Feb. 2023 and I'll be done with 28 years. Bring on the work until then...

There are 3 types of pkg car drivers:

1) Drivers that want the overtime (for personal reasons)

2) Drivers that manage their personal lives and don't need excessive overtime.

3) Drivers that complain about everything.

Based on the information the IBT received.... the majority don't want excessive overtime.

-Bug-

Last edited:

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
I hope this "great" contract goes down in flames. This 22.4 is complete garbage and the union should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking it up. Using the PT workers to pass a crappy contract is all it is.
Why are there so many folks coming on here and Facebook and such trying to spoon feed us this contract... don’t remember it happening
last contract (even with teamcare) or the contract before that ... the locals have been getting crushed with calls and questions and pissed off union members....

F

Frankie's Friend

3) Drivers the complain about everything.

Based on the information the IBT received.... the majority don't want excessive overtime.

-Bug-
Simple fix.
Make the triple time pay quadruple time and automatic if the driver is on the 9.5 list.

Negotiate the right for each local to strike the affected center/hub for continued abuse of drivers on the 9.5 list (without getting ibt approval).

Hire more pkg car drivers and put them on the road to reduce stops per car. Screw this hybrid driver dilution.

How embarrassing it is for the Teamsters to negotiate concessions during the most profitable time in ups history.

You for sure, of all people, know that once we start losing ground it's the beginning of a steady digress in those issues.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why are there so many folks coming on here and Facebook and such trying to spoon feed us this contract... don’t remember it happening
last contract (even with teamcare) or the contract before that ... the locals have been getting crushed with calls and questions and :censored2: off union members....

It's the digital age, of immediate satisfaction.

You see people saying "lets go old school Teamster".

Ok.... put down your cell phone and show up at a meeting at your Local Union hall.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

It's the digital age, of immediate satisfaction.

You see people saying "lets go old school Teamster".

Ok.... put down your cell phone and show up at a meeting at your Local Union hall.

-Bug-
If you want participation it starts with BAs showing up in buildings for no other reason except to listen to employees issues.

When you go fishing you have to go where the fish are if they aren't coming (walking or flying) to you.

Second, the stewards have got to dig in and do their jobs ... without partiality ... and with strong resolve, supported by the local.

When the members see union strength and support in their work place they'll come to the meetings if they are available (since many pt timers work 2 jobs).

People follow leaders and leaders need to be seen leading in their work areas.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Simple fix.

You and I know, there is nothing simple in fixing problems at UPS.

Fred Z and Local 89, have posted their "success" in negotiating their local rider.

It didn't address the issue of "shuttle service" from the last contract.

That was a huge issue.... in 2013.

Now it's not ?

Negotiate the right for each local to strike the affected center/hub for continued abuse of drivers on the 9.5 list (without getting ibt approval).

That would be a IBT Constitution issue.

How embarrassing it is for the Teamsters to negotiate concessions during the most profitable time in ups history.

Where is Roadway and Yellow freight ?

Actions have consequences.

Just say'n....

-Bug-

Tony Q

The overall trend, my guess is yes!

Obviously their goals are, make service first, minimize expense (OT is a YUGE part of that) and beat the prior year’s metrics.
Overtime as far a package car drivers and feeders will always be part of their business model. If you think this contract or its successor will change from that age old trend you will be sorely mistaken.

Tony Q

Obviously their goals are, make service first, minimize expense (OT is a YUGE part of that) and beat the prior year’s metrics.
Overtime as far a package car drivers and feeders will always be part of their business model. If you think this contract or its successor will change from that age old trend you will be sorely mistaken.

Tony Q

Brohn Bron

3) Drivers that complain about everything.

-Bug-

Apologies if this was answered earlier, please define excessive OT. Like how many hours?

Also, isn’t this a bit subjective? My OT day is probably vastly different from 75% of the people here for example. Another example being that in my center, there is a driver capable of making a 145 stop, with less than 250 packages a 10.5 hour day and be over allowed by 200.

Don’t worry 90% of my building is voting no. Strike strike strike
We will be lucky if half if the members even bother to vote. It's was only 39% last time. And when you break down the numbers, 20% of the workers passed this current cincontr for the rest of us

How :censored2:ing hard is it to vote in your future.

Sad, sad day.

Don’t worry 90% of my building is voting no. Strike strike strike
We will be lucky if half if the members even bother to vote. It's was only 39% last time. And when you break down the numbers, 20% of the workers passed this current cincontr for the rest of us

Sad, sad day.

F

Frankie's Friend

You and I know, there is nothing simple in fixing problems at UPS.
-Bug-
Its harder if you dont try.
You dont get what you dont ask for.
Fred Z and Local 89, have posted their "success" in negotiating their local rider.

It didn't address the issue of "shuttle service" from the last contract.

That was a huge issue.... in 2013.

Now it's not ?
-Bug-
I am not involved in L89's issues. I'd like to see what they asked for and what they settled with.
It would probably be enlightening on several planes...pun unintentional.
That would be a IBT Constitution
-Bug-
Therein lies another problem.
Prior to the language allowing a 9.5 option list we had a driver that was violated in excessive overtime over 9.5 hrs 3 out of 5 days in a calendar week and he filed on every violation. The ba did nothing to help him so the ibt pkg division was called and BW said we had the right to strike the facility. Of course, the ba freaked out when we told him that was what we wanted to do and said No Way.
Where is Roadway and Yellow freight ?

Actions have consequences.
Just say'n....
-Bug-
So does inaction during a time of great prosperity.

It shows we are weak.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Basically, they will never end overtime for package car drivers. The new harassment and 9.5 language will give the members options. This 22.4 will as well, whenever it gets ratified. Remember this, Every package car on the road costs more in insurance, gas, and upsets their stops per car. If you are a package car driver who wants the hours you'll get them.
Since negotiations are over and we already have the specific language 22.4’s, Do you have any insight on some changes to the harassment and chipper 95 language? Asking for a friend. LOL

Since negotiations are over and we already have the specific language 22.4’s, Do you have any insight on some changes to the harassment and chipper 95 language? Asking for a friend. LOL
Sorry .I need to use this again.
DeAIC76F52wqk.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

Maybe the GP needs to come work in a hub for a year prior to "negotiating" a contract for the employees in that company.

Future

Victory Ride

Sad, sad day.
Moter :censored2:ers on here need 2stand-up and inform

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
It's company and union people.
Well guess what ... company people can’t vote no like you and I can....
If you want participation it starts with BAs showing up in buildings for no other reason except to listen to employees issues.

When you go fishing you have to go where the fish are if they aren't coming (walking or flying) to you.

Second, the stewards have got to dig in and do their jobs ... without partiality ... and with strong resolve, supported by the local.

When the members see union strength and support in their work place they'll come to the meetings if they are available (since many pt timers work 2 jobs).

People follow leaders and leaders need to be seen leading in their work areas.
thank goodness there are still a few strong locals out there pulling the line... I’m fortunate enough to be part of a strong local and joint council....