They are taking FT drivers OT

Well guess what ... company people can’t vote no like you and I can....

thank goodness there are still a few strong locals out there pulling the line... I’m fortunate enough to be part of a strong local and joint council....
No they can't vote bit they can scare a few people into voting yes.

I don't want to sway anyone's vote except for those who want to strike just for the Hell of it

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
It's company and union people.
If you want participation it starts with BAs showing up in buildings for no other reason except to listen to employees issues.

When you go fishing you have to go where the fish are if they aren't coming (walking or flying) to you.

Second, the stewards have got to dig in and do their jobs ... without partiality ... and with strong resolve, supported by the local.

When the members see union strength and support in their work place they'll come to the meetings if they are available (since many pt timers work 2 jobs).

People follow leaders and leaders need to be seen leading in their work areas.
thank goodness there are still a few strong locals out there pulling the line... I’m fortunate enough to be part of a strong local and joint council....

F

Frankie's Friend

You are fortunate.
It's great not having to come to work and fight the company and the local just to uphold the settled language agreed upon.
I'm used to being a target and if that means I'm not a sellout like the BA is then so be it.

At least the members I work with respect me and at the end of the day and when I punch out for the last time I know that many ive worked with have more spine now than they did before I came there.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Then follow through.

Let the chips fall where they may.

542thruNthru

I would wait till you see the whole contract, supplements and riders included until you make a statement like this.

I will wait. Because I can't vote till they come out anyways.

I've talk to my BA who tells me he was involved with the nationals. He told me that "No they will not be required to work in the building for any amount of time but if they do work in the building they will make the same rate." He did let it be knowm that this type of language would be handled in the supplement/riders

He also informed us that 22.4 will be slowly replacing our PT cover drivers. I have 14 cover drivers in my center alone that drive full time. They have for at least 4 years straight. That tells me that most 22.4 will be driving fulltime.

Again I'll wait but I highly doubt there will be a inside to outside requirement.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
No they can't vote bit they can scare a few people into voting yes.

I don't want to sway anyone's vote except for those who want to strike just for the Hell of it
I was telling my wife about these hybrid drivers and she even said without me even saying anything that ups should only be able to use the hybrids to deliver only 4 hours a day.... and they should be able to get on the 9.5 list also.... why is it even mrs. Cold can figure it out but Denis seems to skip these big issues in negotiations.....Hell, my wife should have taken over...

Future

Victory Ride

I've talk to my BA who tells me he was involved with the nationals. He told me that "No they will not be

Just put your sun dress on

required to work in the building for any amount of time but if they do work in the building they will make the same rate." He did let it be knowm that this type of language would be handled in the supplement/riders

He also informed us that 22.4 will be slowly replacing our PT cover drivers. I have 14 cover drivers in my center alone that drive full time. They have for at least 4 years straight. That tells me that most 22.4 will be driving fulltime.

Again I'll wait but I highly doubt there will be a inside to outside requirement.

Future

Victory Ride

I've talk to my BA who tells me he was involved with the nationals. He told me that "No they will not be required to work in the building for any amount of time but if they do work in the building they will make the same rate." He did let it be knowm that this type of language would be handled in the supplement/riders

Just put your sun dress on

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid

If that is true then it will be a no vote from me.....NO!!!!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Why are there so many folks coming on here and Facebook and such trying to spoon feed us this contract... don’t remember it happening
last contract (even with teamcare) or the contract before that ... the locals have been getting crushed with calls and questions and :censored2: off union members....
Teamcare last contract, Central States pension the contract before that. Always seems to be some reason we get it in the shorts.

If you want participation it starts with BAs showing up in buildings for no other reason except to listen to employees issues.

What's a BA in the building? That is like a mythical dragon, heard about them but almost never seen'em.

Apologies if this was answered earlier, please define excessive OT. Like how many hours?

Pretty sure >9.5 hours daily is the agreed upon definition and has been for over a decade! Of course in this 100* heat........

We will be lucky if half if the members even bother to vote.

There in lies what will make or break us. Rally the troops and get a 70'ish % voter turnout and it will scare the :censored2: out of BOTH the Teamsters AND the company!

I was telling my wife about these hybrid drivers and she even said without me even saying anything that ups should only be able to use the hybrids to deliver only 4 hours a day.... and they should be able to get on the 9.5 list also.... why is it even mrs. Cold can figure it out but Denis seems to skip these big issues in negotiations.....Hell, my wife should have taken over...
Nobody cares about us. The union thinks we work for them .After the last presidential election, you would have think that got a wake up call.

Last edited:
Teamcare last contract, Central States pension the contract before that. Always seems to be some reason we get it in the shorts.

What's a BA in the building? That is like a mythical dragon, heard about them but almost never seen'em.

Pretty sure >9.5 hours daily is the agreed upon definition and has been for over a decade! Of course in this 100* heat........

There in lies what will make or break us. Rally the troops and get a 70'ish % voter turnout and it will scare the :censored2: out of BOTH the Teamsters AND the company!
Winner winner.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

That makes it simple! No combination of work then its not a 22.4 combo!!! It is a lower paid full time driver and an automatic NO vote

542thruNthru

Nice quote.... DumbA* :)
archie-bunker-exasperated-head-in-hands-ugh.gif

Tony Q

The overall trend, my guess is yes!

Obviously their goals are, make service first, minimize expense (OT is a YUGE part of that) and beat the prior year’s metrics.
Overtime as far a package car drivers and feeders will always be part of their business model. If you think this contract or its successor will change from that age old trend you will be sorely mistaken.
Its a whole lot easier to sit back and offer these kinds of things after the fact. Where Mrs. Cold and you could possibly do these things I don't exactly see you putting yourself out on front street running for an elected position within the Teamsters or any other labor organization, respectfully.

Joman

22.4 is considered a combo job. Proposed contract states it's a FT position, 8 consecutive hours, 5 consecutive days . As a utility RPCD myself it will diminish my opportunity to get my 8 hrs. How? 22.4''s will be on the clock when I get to work and management will use them 1st. Bid route RPCD will also have to follow available 8 hour work and most likely some will have later start times. What about the extra workforce during the week day of utility RPCD's and now the 22.4's . IMO it's going to be a mess. I thought all along this new position would be PT.

542thruNthru

Its a whole lot easier to sit back and offer these kinds of things after the fact. Where Mrs. Cold and you could possibly do these things I don't exactly see you putting yourself out on front street running for an elected position within the Teamsters or any other labor organization, respectfully.

With great power come great responsibility.

Apparently coldworld knows he isn't cut out for being a elected official. Doesn't mean he isn't correct that some of ours are not either. Just because they became elected doesn't make them the right man/woman for the job. Just look at the arguments about POTUS.

Tony Q

Since negotiations are over and we already have the specific language 22.4’s, Do you have any insight on some changes to the harassment and chipper 95 language? Asking for a friend. LOL
Negotiations are not yet completed. there are still one more round to go in a couple weeks. As far as the 9.5 and the harassment goes, let me ask you a genuine question. What is actually in it for me to tell you right here right now? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do I have to gain by telling you any more? The constant bitching and keyboard warriors acting like fools kinda turns me off. I"m not implying you are one of these people, as a matter of fact you have been okay to joust with. Answer my question and maybe I'll respond. Either way, what will happen will happen.