Today's USA Inflation Numbers !!!

vantexan

The government does business with private enterprise. Guess how a hacker gets into sensitive government files in your scenario.
Are hackers getting into sensitive government files? Oh, right, when a Secretary of State uses a private server with top secret documents on it.

bbsam

Staff member
There's no even having a conversation with you without your superiority complex kicking in. If you weren't a Christian, I'd disagree with everything you represent.
Have a great day.
I con only believe from this post that you think that older generations (at 53 I assume I qualify) have been responsible to younger generations.

You really believe that? As a matter of convenience and prosperity perhaps you can believe that. As a Christian, I kinda doubt it.

bbsam

Staff member
Are hackers getting into sensitive government files? Oh, right, when a Secretary of State uses a private server with top secret documents on it.
Oh it’s not even that difficult. Who funds the banks? Local company here makes life support systems for the Air Force. What’s a hacker have to do to get sensitive information? What’s it take for an employee simply to download onto a flash drive and upload it for $10k? China’s been pirating that stuff for years. It doesn’t “just happen”.

vantexan

Oh it’s not even that difficult. Who funds the banks? Local company here makes life support systems for the Air Force. What’s a hacker have to do to get sensitive information? What’s it take for an employee simply to download onto a flash drive and upload it for $10k? China’s been pirating that stuff for years. It doesn’t “just happen”.
And the government printing trillions will solve all of that? Why is it that so many in Congress have been there 30+ years, some close to 50, and these problems haven't been solved?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And the government printing trillions will solve all of that? Why is it that so many in Congress have been there 30+ years, some close to 50, and these problems haven't been solved?
I mean you've got Democrat Swalwell banging a Chinese spy and RINO McConnell married to a Chinese shipping magnate....

These people should have their citizenship revoked, instead they're in charge of our government.

bbsam

Staff member
They will print trillions more no matter what. Maybe they don’t really believe there’s anything to be solved.

You know it and I know it. They all pay lip service to fiscal responsibility. Democrats (kind of) when republicans are in power and republicans ONLY when democrats are in power. None of that talk ever amounts to anything and if ever there is feigned concern over debt levels, it’s quickly followed by finger pointing and name calling.

If that’s all that happens when it’s $1 trillion or $3 trillion, why would $6 trillion suddenly be that “OMG! Point of no return!”?

What’s the absolute worst that could happen? Global markets plunge? Inflation at 90%? Considering the combined effectiveness of both major parties over 30 years, WTF gives you any indication that we would in any way be effective at curtailing that eventuality? Do you believe you’re going to find $30 trillion worth of “waste, fraud, and abuse” over the next 20 years?

vantexan

They will print trillions more no matter what. Maybe they don’t really believe there’s anything to be solved.

You know it and I know it. They all pay lip service to fiscal responsibility. Democrats (kind of) when republicans are in power and republicans ONLY when democrats are in power. None of that talk ever amounts to anything and if ever there is feigned concern over debt levels, it’s quickly followed by finger pointing and name calling.

If that’s all that happens when it’s $1 trillion or $3 trillion, why would $6 trillion suddenly be that “OMG! Point of no return!”?

What’s the absolute worst that could happen? Global markets plunge? Inflation at 90%? Considering the combined effectiveness of both major parties over 30 years, WTF gives you any indication that we would in any way be effective at curtailing that eventuality? Do you believe you’re going to find $30 trillion worth of “waste, fraud, and abuse” over the next 20 years?
I think we're in for a lot of financial pain and yes both parties are responsible in varying degrees. My grandfather talked about the Great Depression. Things are shaping up for an even greater depression. And could've been avoided. We had a balanced budget in the 90's. And a lot of irresponsibility since. The answer isn't to double down because it makes no difference.

bbsam

Staff member
I think we're in for a lot of financial pain and yes both parties are responsible in varying degrees. My grandfather talked about the Great Depression. Things are shaping up for an even greater depression. And could've been avoided. We had a balanced budget in the 90's. And a lot of irresponsibility since. The answer isn't to double down because it makes no difference.
Sure it is. Until there’s real pain, agony even nobody will change a thing.

bbsam

Staff member
39 trillion debt within a decade with Democrats' plan.

You're saying someone was murdered so what does it matter if there's another dozen killed.
I’m saying the killing will continue until people get tired of stepping over the bodies if that’s the analogy you’d like to use.

Sportello

You're saying someone was murdered so what does it matter if there's another dozen killed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

newfie

About 9000 jobs. And now the government wants to invest heavily in infrastructure with trillions in spending and lord knows how many jobs. Who’s standing in the way?
pipeline workers should move to other parts of the country and learn how to build solar panels?

newfie

That’s what democrats have been saying for years.
Borrow for infrastructure when rates are low. One way or another, infrastructure has to be built and maintained. If you don’t want it in taxes over time, then it’ll have to be borrowed. You don’t think private enterprise is going to do it, do you?
the bidens are redefining infrastructure to pad the bill with social programs. no one is arguing against fixing our roads.

spending has to make sense. Most homeowners dont overhaul the entire house in one year. they get the windows one year, the kitchen the next and so on. the government has no understanding of how to budget and plan in a cost effective fashion.

Last edited:

newfie

Why do you report other people’s posts so often DiDO?
Then go around calling people drama queens?
You wanna keep it real for 15 seconds and be honest orrr?

Just gonna say something like “lol ttku lefty pathetic?”
you would never know whether a post has been reported unless the admins take action. are you complaining about how the admins are doing their job here?

newfie

Who benefits from that spending? Ultimately it the US economy and business.

There’s a lot more to infrastructure than roads and bridges. Ask Microsoft, Amazon, UPS, FedEx, Wall Street and Walmart.
the government has never been good at picking winners and losers in the economy.

The big package

Lol. Could you tell me how much oil was flowing through the Keystone pipeline when Biden shut it down?

Im guessing zero because it’s not even built yet. That’s kinda how these things work.
Your answer about how much oil was flowing through the pipeline ? Zero !!! You are correct !!! The pipeline however was being built . That's what all those thousands of Union workers were doing Biden got rid of them . But in the gas and oil industry , much like the stock market prices are based on future calculations and expectations . And also how much we are purchasing from other countries and that pricing of oil . The oil refinery business is complex and as I think we all know , they don't need much of a reason to raise prices and it's a good excuse for them to make more money !!!