Tool talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
@Brownslave688 @cosmo1 Here's the set I've built thus far if you were interested. The drill and multimeter is the only thing I already had. Everything else is a recent addition in the last two months.

20180428_104317.jpg

sailfish

I'm no expert, but for electrical work that looks good.

Maybe throw in a quarter-inch socket set just in case.
I've found myself at times wishing I bought that instead of the nut driver set but oh well. At least the shafts are hollow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just go to Lowe's and get a Kobalt set in a case. Nothing to lose if they break, and they may come in handy.

Lowe’s sometimes has specials where they will throw in a socket set if you buy a drill or something along those lines.

My SIL works PT at Lowe’s and gets a pretty sweet employee discount.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The Kobalt stuff looks pretty decent to me.

For my use around the house, it’s pretty good stuff.

We’re cleaning out my MIL’s apartment since she passed away. Her husband passed away in August. He was a retired barber with a side gig sharpening shears and clipper blades.

I found a stash of probably 20 Nicholson, fine mill files. I’m set now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll probably get an SK set if I do. I've had positive experience with their ratchets in the past.
They've got a new teardrop ratchet that I haven't tried yet but I would think their round head ratchet while bulletproof would be a little bulky doing electrical.

However one of my favorite ratchets is their flex head 3/8 in a 1/4 body

sailfish

How do you like the handles on everything?

I'm surprised no one has come up with a ratcheting nut driver set yet.
Both my Kleins and SK's have awesome handles. Good grip and I can really torque the :censored2: of something if I need.

They've got a new teardrop ratchet that I haven't tried yet but I would think their round head ratchet while bulletproof would be a little bulky doing electrical.

However one of my favorite ratchets is their flex head 3/8 in a 1/4 body
Actually, as far as the electrical applications for ratchets go, I haven't really ran into anything so far that a round head would result in clearance issues. When things get that small (i.e. almost everything), I have more appropriate tools.