Trump will be the 1st Bitcoin President!!!!

Can't buy things with guns so not the right analogy. If the government makes it illegal to buy with Bitcoin or to convert it to cash then what will you be able to do with it?
You absolutely can how ridiculous, have you never bought or sold a gun privately? Lots of things can be bartered

I will buy and sell with it to willing sellers and buyers, the government can't stop two willing people from doing anything

vantexan

Everything you said is true about gold and silver too, can governments stop two people from using it as a currency if they really want to?

Now imagine a gold or silver that is digital and can't have fake reserves, boom Bitcoin
Gold and silver have other uses besides being a store of value. Gives it intrinsic value.

vantexan

You absolutely can how ridiculous, have you never bought or sold a gun privately? Lots of things can be bartered

I will buy and sell with it to willing sellers and buyers, the government can't stop two willing people from doing anything
Barter isn't the same as buying. Take your collection of guns down to the car dealership and try to buy a car with them. If the government makes it illegal to buy with Bitcoin then it will lose value. It's highly likely if the government creates a digital currency that they will clamp down on crypto to prevent them from competing with their own currency.

Over70irregs

Governments can certainly make it illegal to use Bitcoin. And if they do then its only use will be to flee the country and withdraw it in countries where it's still legal. If our Federal Reserve creates a digital currency and you can only make purchases in the U.S. with it then what happens to Bitcoin?
Again it is peer to peer so it doesn’t matter what they say. Cannot ban tech they also use. It will flow to other countries and the US will 100% lose its reserve currency status even sooner. El Salvador 🇸🇻 will be ahead of us. Africa will dust us also. Our weapons will be neutralized.

Over70irregs

Barter isn't the same as buying. Take your collection of guns down to the car dealership and try to buy a car with them. If the government makes it illegal to buy with Bitcoin then it will lose value. It's highly likely if the government creates a digital currency that they will clamp down on crypto to prevent them from competing with their own currency.
If you “try” and ban your economy will falter. That’s a lock 🔒. Everyone will see your scared and run to it.

vantexan

Again it is peer to peer so it doesn’t matter what they say. Cannot ban tech they also use. It will flow to other countries and the US will 100% lose its reserve currency status even sooner. El Salvador 🇸🇻 will be ahead of us. Africa will dust us also. Our weapons will be neutralized.
If it's made illegal to use it will matter very much. What matters is we have administrations that believe in freedom. If our Federal government wants to control everything by implementing their own digital currency then good luck.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If it's made illegal to use it will matter very much. What matters is we have administrations that believe in freedom. If our Federal government wants to control everything by implementing their own digital currency then good luck.
It's not going to be made illegal it's going to be regulated taxed and tracked.

The libertarian wing of the Bitcoin cult is going to be very disappointed with their IRS penalties and/or jail time. Or they'll leave the cult and accept that it's just another asset subject to government control.

It's not going to be made illegal it's going to be regulated taxed and tracked.

The libertarian wing of the Bitcoin cult is going to be very disappointed with their IRS penalties and/or jail time. Or they'll leave the cult and accept that it's just another asset subject to government control.
>It's not going to be made illegal it's going to be regulated taxed and tracked.
>The Assault Rifle wing of the 2nd Amendment cult is going to be very disappointed with their ATF penalties and/or jail time. Or they'll leave the cult and accept that it's just another asset subject to government control.

hmmm, your rant sounds really familiar

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
>It's not going to be made illegal it's going to be regulated taxed and tracked.
>The Assault Rifle wing of the 2nd Amendment cult is going to be very disappointed with their ATF penalties and/or jail time. Or they'll leave the cult and accept that it's just another asset subject to government control.

hmmm, your rant sounds really familiar
It's not a rant, it's common sense.

All you're doing is pointing out another thing the government regulates, taxes, tracks, and imprisons people for not following that government control.

Were you trying to agree with me?
Odd post.

Conservatives:
>i'll die before i let the government impinge my freedom to own guns or make offensive jokes, they'll have to take them out of my cold dead hands, i'll be voting from the rooftop next election!

also Conservatives:
>hell yeah ban Bitcoin, i love having my money inflated [stolen] away from me every year to pay for illegal immigrants and trans surgery on my kids! SLAVA UKRAINI, GOD BLESS ISRAEL

truly baffling

It's not a rant, it's common sense.

All you're doing is pointing out another thing the government regulates and imprisons people for not following the regulations.

Were you trying to agree with me?
Odd post.
so impinging on liberty is cool as long as we write some words on a piece of paper first and call it "law"?

jesus christ, Thomas Jefferson would be spinning at 6 million RPM if he could see the state of "small government" conservatives these days

vantexan

Conservatives:
>i'll die before i let the government impinge my freedom to own guns or make offensive jokes, they'll have to take them out of my cold dead hands, i'll be voting from the rooftop next election!

also Conservatives:
>hell yeah ban Bitcoin, i love having my money inflated [stolen] away from me every year to pay for illegal immigrants and trans surgery on my kids! SLAVA UKRAINI, GOD BLESS ISRAEL

truly baffling
Not against Bitcoin at all. I just don't want to put my savings into it and have the government pull the rug out.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
so impinging on liberty is cool as long as we write some words on a piece of paper first and call it "law"?

jesus christ, Thomas Jefferson would be spinning at 6 million RPM if he could see the state of "small government" conservatives these days
Lol.
I didn't realize this was a discussion where we talk about our hopes and dreams for how the world should be.

I was talking about the way things are in the real world. The government is not going to just decide to have no control over Bitcoin. I feel like you know that.

Not against Bitcoin at all. I just don't want to put my savings into it and have the government pull the rug out.
you mean like the USD?
or do you mean like the stock market "everything bubble" propped up by US treasuries?

think.gif

Lol.
I didn't realize this was a discussion where we talk about our hopes and dreams for how the world should be.

I was talking about the way things are in the real world. The government is not going to just decide to have no control over Bitcoin. I feel like you know that.
it's unbelievable that you're making the argument that the government is all powerful and can make things disappear to stop being used AT WILL