Union is done

Irishman Collins

Last i checked UPS employees are roughly 250000 members.Maybe its time to send the Teamsters packing and look for a union that will give us the proper representation and appreciation for being its largest contingent of members.The Teamsters have become way too complacent with us.If they cannot take care of the largest contributors of dues, out of any company they represent,they should be ashamed of themselves,without our dues they would be out of business.Enough of the B/S a company making this type of dough on our backs deserves no concessions on a local level or National level.Locals that are overwhelmingly voting down there supplement for whatever reason should have there differences with company negotiated, not rammed down there throat.It is disgusting what goes on here all you hear from members throughout the building is that Hoffa sold us out,Hoffa is in the companies pocket !!! It has become like an expected turn of events nobody surprised or shocked.Is that we we have become accepting the fact that we are going to sold out, contract after contract with a company that treats us like slaves with paychecks and makes millions on top of millions in profit.This should not be, we need leadership that will be strong thus making us all strong.This post is about that union is done,our union is done because we dont have proper leadership.Someone needs to stand up to corporate America and say enough is enough to the war on workers not side with corporate America.
804, couldn't agree more! The Teamsters union quite possibly could be the weakest union there is. It is pathetic if it weren't for the one year waiting period before you could change Unions, I think 40% of locals would be gone. I am ashamed and embarrassed to be a Teamster! We need change in a bad way!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I will no longer offer up the information that I'm retired from UPS either. I feel ashamed to have worked for the teamster led UPS. I'm very glad I made it through my 30+ years though. I can't imagine doing it in this day and age of the new UPS and the way the Teamsters represent the workers. Good luck to all of you that are hoping and waiting for your retirement. I give all of you kudos if you make it in the NEW UPS.

After retiring, I moved to Arizona, a RTW state. If I knew then what I know now, I would work at UPS in a RTW state and never join the Union. Just saying...

710 steward

So you don't mind being a thief and a scab?

Sent using BrownCafe App
BBW,

Really???? A simple statement from a former Teamster and UPSer brings on this? He is simply stating he is shocked to see how this went down like the rest of us. In rtw states there really isn't a benefit to being in the union. I wish rtw would be outlawed by the federal government. Exactly how is he a scab or a thief? Please explain because I have to hear this reasoning.

710 steward

If anything, RTW will expand to all but the most union-strong states.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Unfortunately I agree with this thinking and statement. Hoffa REALLY screwed this union both short and long term allowing people to question being in the union. If people feel like they don't have a voice they won't participate in the Teamsters. It doesn't even matter if he resigned tomorrow. What's done is done.

rrenkin

804, couldn't agree more! The Teamsters union quite possibly could be the weakest union there is. It is pathetic if it weren't for the one year waiting period before you could change Unions, I think 40% of locals would be gone. I am ashamed and embarrassed to be a Teamster! We need change in a bad way!

Sent using BrownCafe App
how about starting our own UPS only union?

Inthegame

After retiring, I moved to Arizona, a RTW state. If I knew then what I know now, I would work at UPS in a RTW state and never join the Union. Just saying...
If everyone had that attitude the terrible conditions you speak of would be exponentially worse, and you most likely couldn't afford to retire.

710 steward

If everyone had that attitude the terrible conditions you speak of would be exponentially worse, and you most likely couldn't afford to retire.

Game

You made a funny. I admit I laughed out loud when I read your post. We do have a new UPS. The route I have went out with 110 deliveries just 5 years ago. Now that number is 140. We have new Teamsters too. You know this group. They give concessions and force contracts regardless how their membership feels. Where in his post did he reference poor conditions? Keep spinning the truth for your old friends.

Inthegame

Game

You made a funny. I admit I laughed out loud when I read your post. We do have a new UPS. The route I have went out with 110 deliveries just 5 years ago. Now that number is 140. We have new Teamsters too. You know this group. They give concessions and force contracts regardless how their membership feels. Where in his post did he reference poor conditions? Keep spinning the truth for your old friends.
No spinning for anyone chief just a simple statement.
What does increasing your stop count have to do with anything? Negotiation is give and take, always has been, but you have no experience in that so it's easy to criticize. But to the point of my post.. if RTW happened 30 yrs ago, and all employees could freeload, do you honestly think the contract would be anywhere near what we have presently? This horrible contract we're suffering under would only exist in your dreams.

Irishman Collins

No spinning for anyone chief just a simple statement.
What does increasing your stop count have to do with anything? Negotiation is give and take, always has been, but you have no experience in that so it's easy to criticize. But to the point of my post.. if RTW happened 30 yrs ago, and all employees could freeload, do you honestly think the contract would be anywhere near what we have presently? This horrible contract we're suffering under would only exist in your dreams.
You are right, give and take, not just give and give. Worst contract in Teamsters history!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

You are right, give and take, not just give and give. Worst contract in Teamsters history!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was looking over a couple freight contracts I picked up at the hall at the last meeting. Talk about concessions. They were dying and they did what they had to do. There is nothing like this in out contract. We make the best wage in the industry and our teamcare is second to none.

Your problem is you have been living high on the hog for so long that you have lost all touch with the world.

710 steward

Game

I love the old guard. You guys are great for a laugh. When this person refers to the "new UPS" they are talking about increased workloads and less routes. They are talking about the ability to watch every move you make based off a computer.

I like you. I do. You a great for a laugh. You have no idea what these guys are going through but to answer your question, no rtw would have held contracts back. They are making things harder now and your buddy Hoffa just set us back and quite possibly we may not recover from his weakness. Here is the thing you old guys don't get, it's not 30 years ago and you should be rewarded based off what you did 3 generations ago. I know it's shocking to hear but that's true.