Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

4drivers

If you've seen a manager doing time cards, I don't think you work for UPS. Not exactly on a managers "to do" list. They have other people do that.

No matter who Does it- its not the driver. To state management had noresponsibility to oversee this is ignorant. They are responsible in more ways than one, including ethically, to make sure they are accounting this time accurately and paying employees for work done without creating a situation like this. Furthermore , in this center, it is absolutely 100% the supervisor who inputs timecards so your comment does not apply. Things may be different where you are.

UPSwidow

Now reports are this was happening on the 4th Floor also. Which proves this is a practice by management to hide hours and make their numbers look good.

A lazy supervisor gets fired and you think this is a practice by management? If it were, why was he fired and why are they now looking into other floors? If management were okay with it, he wouldn't have been fired! I realize it's easy to run with something but eventually reality has to hit. Anyone in management who messes with numbers will be fired. End of story. Anyone in the union who got paid and stayed home, knowing what was going on.....should be fired. Why is that complicated? If someone worked those days and some loser played with his time card, I'd bet dollars to donuts they will get their job back and they should.

UPSwidow

No matter who Does it- its not the driver. To state management had noresponsibility to oversee this is ignorant. They are responsible in more ways than one, including ethically, to make sure they are accounting this time accurately and paying employees for work done without creating a situation like this. Furthermore , in this center, it is absolutely 100% the supervisor who inputs timecards so your comment does not apply. Things may be different where you are.

Where did I say he had no responsibility? I said they don't do time cards and they don't. I agree with you, this never should have happened but lets put the blame where it should be. The supervisor who did those time cards is no longer working for UPS and hopefully, the guys who should get thier jobs back will.

804brown

A lazy supervisor gets fired and you think this is a practice by management? If it were, why was he fired and why are they now looking into other floors? If management were okay with it, he wouldn't have been fired! I realize it's easy to run with something but eventually reality has to hit. Anyone in management who messes with numbers will be fired. End of story. Anyone in the union who got paid and stayed home, knowing what was going on.....should be fired. Why is that complicated? If someone worked those days and some loser played with his time card, I'd bet dollars to donuts they will get their job back and they should.

You call him a "lazy sup". Most likely , he was a cunning sup looking to move up the ladder by any means necessary. Management usually rewards that type . But the difference is this guys got caught, so upper management needs a scapegoat. They are "shocked, shocked" that such behavior is going on here . LOL. Imagine, someone in management playing with the numbers.
Also, was he "fired"?? I heard he resigned. Maybe they allowed him to "resign" in exchange for him keeping his mouth shut and not testifying for the union in any future arbitration.

Seems to me if so many have been fired so far and there is more to come, this has to lead to managers fired and probably the DM Al friend. Or maybe the latest UPS cuts in management might swallow up the once mighty Al friend in April??

4drivers

they do do the timecards for one, and for 2, these men should never have to be in the position to fight for their jobs back that they shouldnt be losing in the first place. To think that this started and ended with one supervisor with no knowledge by other supervisors, managers, or anyone else on UPS's side of things is naive. Red flags should have been raised a long time ago- there are processes in place in all businesses that allow for checks and balances.

4drivers

You call him a "lazy sup". Most likely , he was a cunning sup looking to move up the ladder by any means necessary. Management usually rewards that type . But the difference is this guys got caught, so upper management needs a scapegoat. They are "shocked, shocked" that such behavior is going on here . LOL. Imagine, someone in management playing with the numbers.
Also, was he "fired"?? I heard he resigned. Maybe they allowed him to "resign" in exchange for him keeping his mouth shut and not testifying for the union in any future arbitration.

Seems to me if so many have been fired so far and there is more to come, this has to lead to managers fired and probably the DM Al friend. Or maybe the latest UPS cuts in management might swallow up the once mighty Al friend in April??

well said.

joseph

Good luck , no one wants that job anymore. Your new slate is a joke, management loves them.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSwidow

Cunning is a good word. If this guy has been stealing time from drivers, putting in false jury duty and hoping to get away with it, he thought he could do anything. Wanting to move up the ladder is one thing, doing it by playing with numbers is another. I can't speak for what management was like 20 or 30 years ago but I do know that now there are records for everything. If you're stupid enough to do something like this, you deserve to be fired. Resigned or fired, either way he will no longer work for UPS. I'm not sure but I don't think UPS could stop him from talking if something went to trial and if some of these drivers had no idea what was going on...it should.

UPSwidow

they do do the timecards for one, and for 2, these men should never have to be in the position to fight for their jobs back that they shouldnt be losing in the first place. To think that this started and ended with one supervisor with no knowledge by other supervisors, managers, or anyone else on UPS's side of things is naive. Red flags should have been raised a long time ago- there are processes in place in all businesses that allow for checks and balances.

Trust me, I'm far from naive. lol No, the managers do not do time cards. They just don't. There is no manger there at 9 p.m and if ya know one who is, he needs a new crew. If someone lost their job that shouldn't have, I hope they get it back. If someone knew about it and was a part of this mess, they shouldn't.

I'm not sure what Red Flags you're talking about? If drivers saw this on a time card, made a stink to someone OTHER THAN the guy who they knew was doing it.....I'm with you. Go to your shop stewart, demand he do something. If he doesn't go above him and find someone who will. Anyone who knew about this and did nothing would lose their job too. That's how it is and how it should be.

4drivers

Trust me, I'm far from naive. lol No, the managers do not do time cards. They just don't. There is no manger there at 9 p.m and if ya know one who is, he needs a new crew. If someone lost their job that shouldn't have, I hope they get it back. If someone knew about it and was a part of this mess, they shouldn't.

I'm not sure what Red Flags you're talking about? If drivers saw this on a time card, made a stink to someone OTHER THAN the guy who they knew was doing it.....I'm with you. Go to your shop stewart, demand he do something. If he doesn't go above him and find someone who will. Anyone who knew about this and did nothing would lose their job too. That's how it is and how it should be.

no further comment on the timecards, you clearly have to insist on what you think you know. You have a very idealistic view of management and what they will/will not do for their employees. Red flags I speak of - how about the amount of jury duty hours inputted weekly? Someone other than the timekeeper reviews this. Standard payroll procedures allow for a timekeeper, and at the MINIMUM, ONE MORE approver. Therefore, establishing checks for mistakes on manual entry which were clearly intentional in this case. to say the employees have a responsibility to bring this forward to a different manager therefore, is ridiculous.

ROW A

reports are the vote count is pretty small compared to 2009 election numbers !!!!@!#@! which were about 3500-- this vote count will come in about a 1000 votes less .. brothers and sisters stayed away from the slate vote this time around ...:knockedout:folks this will be one for the record books . my old friend tony.d this is a water shed moment for you ---- did you trick and lie to the members enuff for them to vote for you again ???? tim.s did you live up to your promises??... I think both gentlemen should step aside for our unions sake :dissapointed: I predict row b will win by 57-31- the rest of the votes are split .............

UPSwidow

no further comment on the timecards, you clearly have to insist on what you think you know. You have a very idealistic view of management and what they will/will not do for their employees. Red flags I speak of - how about the amount of jury duty hours inputted weekly? Someone other than the timekeeper reviews this. Standard payroll procedures allow for a timekeeper, and at the MINIMUM, ONE MORE approver. Therefore, establishing checks for mistakes on manual entry which were clearly intentional in this case. to say the employees have a responsibility to bring this forward to a different manager therefore, is ridiculous.

Wow. Okay, no there is nobody who watches the amount of jury duty hours imputted weekly. Nobody reviews this. There is not a timekeeper and at a minimum one more approver. That's not how it works. There is nobody looking over it for mistakes on manual entry. That's how it is.

I'm not saying it's the driver's responsibility to fix this, I'm saying if it was me and I saw something on my card...I'd be on top of it till I found out what the hell it was. That's all. I'm also saying that if somebody knowingly did something wrong, they should and would be fired. Management or Union. Why is that a cause for argument?

Have a great night.

EyesLookingIn

reports are the vote count is pretty small compared to 2009 election numbers !!!!@!#@! which were about 3500-- this vote count will come in about a 1000 votes less .. brothers and sisters stayed away from the slate vote this time around ...:knockedout:folks this will be one for the record books . my old friend tony.d this is a water shed moment for you ---- did you trick and lie to the members enuff for them to vote for you again ???? tim.s did you live up to your promises??... I think both gentlemen should step aside for our unions sake :dissapointed: I predict row b will win by 57-31- the rest of the votes are split .............

If you are correct in saying that only 2500 voted that is a lot for the delegate election in past years only about 1800 or less voted.

I would not say that Tim S should walk away its only been 15 months don't think we can judge him until 30 months.

I'm hoping that Row B wins a very close election to see what Tim S does do to his slate. I think he needs to make at least 3 to 4 changes , curious to see what he does.

tellthetruth

If you are correct in saying that only 2500 voted that is a lot for the delegate election in past years only about 1800 or less voted.

I would not say that Tim S should walk away its only been 15 months don't think we can judge him until 30 months.

I'm hoping that Row B wins a very close election to see what Tim S does do to his slate. I think he needs to make at least 3 to 4 changes , curious to see what he does.
Tim S cant make any changes... Only the E Board can make changes to the ones who were hired.. Ant C. Will R. and Liam R. These are the only ones on the chopping block.. Read your BY-Laws!

tellthetruth

You asked Hammer but here's my take on that. Hammer,Brown and I don't back Row B on everything we all rip then in our little way but to you Row C and the old board are perfect "except Howie , we know"

You like to say that row c are experienced men that we need to run our local? Alex Z and Orlando are clueless ,nice guys ,Dwight is a good steward but backs Hoffa , why because he doesn't think we should go against Hoffa , he's to powerful to take on LOL but he doesn't like the last couple of contracts. That came straight from his mouth. Vinnie the safety guy from RD St. all he does is kiss Al friend the Division Managers behind , goes to lunch with him every chance he gets and loves to sell out the members for his own gain.
Your never honest or fair but its your choice......

Why would you want to send someone who likes Hoffa to vegas when this is about getting Hoffa out of office... Row A I think that you were right.. Eyes might be a shop steward at 43rd... I hear that the members love David friend and dislikes Sammy because he is quiet... You should know this because you stated that you are from 43rd..

tellthetruth

Breaking news! a brush ave steward is leaking that he is the next big thing coming to the hall ~~~ good people up there i can rely on tell me this guys been talking big talk saying he"s the ba for brush ave not dave .o ~~~ lol stay tune for future details Breaking news from long island from nassau the company has loss prevention following mark.h all around the place ~~ these guys are five feet behind this guy lmao ... reports are he harasses the hell outta supervisors about them working and they don"t like it~~~~ WAY TO GO MARK.H give those supervisors hell !!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! we need more BA"S like this guy !!!!!!

I though Dave O had Foster?? Mark H is not playing in Nassau... Everyone is hearing about him.. Maybe he should be President....

4drivers

Wow. Okay, no there is nobody who watches the amount of jury duty hours imputted weekly. Nobody reviews this. There is not a timekeeper and at a minimum one more approver. That's not how it works. There is nobody looking over it for mistakes on manual entry. That's how it is.

I'm not saying it's the driver's responsibility to fix this, I'm saying if it was me and I saw something on my card...I'd be on top of it till I found out what the hell it was. That's all. I'm also saying that if somebody knowingly did something wrong, they should and would be fired. Management or Union. Why is that a cause for argument?

You are entitled to your opinion, and me mine. Have a great night.
Have a great night.

EyesLookingIn

Tim S cant make any changes... Only the E Board can make changes to the ones who were hired.. Ant C. Will R. and Liam R. These are the only ones on the chopping block.. Read your BY-Laws!

I'm not saying Tim can cut any one that was voted in But don't be surprised if some of the people voted retire or want to go back.